ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton vs Reidsville Regional Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give us some time. Had to drive a couple hours.

Congrats to Reidsville. You were the better team. I think the cold weather had an impact on the passing game for both teams, but not necessarily the outcome. The TD at the end of the half was huge. We never could overcome the 14 point deficit. Game was a lot more even than the final score would indicate. Reidsville defense was right there with South Point when it comes to best I've seen this year.

Ramking you're just a moron. How lame and disrespectful to get on here and call a team trash. No one from Lincolnton called you guys trash after beating you last year. Have some class.
LTown your one of the ones that's been respectable all week. You didn't crow. You guys had a couple had several posters who completely disregarded Reidsville all week. They gave us zero credit. My observations. 1. Your D came to play. 2. Our D was much better than you ever expected. 3. We were off on O tonight. 4. I honestly thought the score with be 7 to 10 with a high scoring game. Ur kids played hard and clean

Come one come all for the world Championship of Eating Crow. Standing in this corner Zuke and the opposite corner AlwaysAWolf. Come on back and tell us how bad we were.
I'm here for whatever serving I am due, sir. I don't recall either of us saying you were bad...? Some playful talk about scheduling and defense...a ram picture joke...lotsa nothing, really. Didn't mean to get so far under your skin, honestly. There were some othe blowhard posters who made great claims, but I think you may be confusing quantity for poor quality? Whatever, partner. You have a fine football team, which in every way deserved to items win. I congratulated a few of them as the walked off the field. They accepted my congratulations with humility and appreciation. I hope you can do the same. After all. 18>2. Sorry it took me so long to respond, I didn't realize how many of you must sit at the game and post simultaneously. Not fear or embarrassment, but a long sad drive that has delayed my response! Just like one of you, maybe even you Cap, promised! Good luck to your Rams! I think they are pretty special. ( but I have been known to be wrong) And I must say, you are much better at predicting the outcome of football games than at your self-professed attempt at " not trying to be a jerk."

Last edited:
Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
Spread.....smead.....covering those numbers only mean something in the gambling arena...highly doubt this game is 12pts either way...
I'm here for whatever serving I am due, sir. I don't recall either of us saying you were bad...? Some playful talk about scheduling and defense...a ram picture joke...lotsa nothing, really. Didn't mean to get so far under your skin, honestly. There were some othe blowhard posters who made great claims, but I think you may be confusing quantity for poor quality? Whatever, partner. You have a fine football team, which in every way deserved to items win. I congratulated a few of them as the walked off the field. They accepted my congratulations with humility and appreciation. I hope you can do the same. After all. 18>2. Sorry it took me so long to respond, I didn't realize how many of you must sit at the game and post simultaneously. Not fear or embarrassment, but a long sad drive that has delayed my response! Just like one of you, maybe even you Cap, promised! Good luck to your Rams! I think they are pretty special. ( but I have been known to be wrong)
Your kids played hard. Congratulations on your season. Tbh at 4 mins to go it was close.

Reactions: zukeridr
L towns defense played really good. We missed some opportunities, Like Lincolnton did, with a overthrow and blocked fg.

Also really good move moving foster to cb for this game, him and chestnut were really good last year together at cb before they got hurt.

Last edited:
So let me just give a general statement, so I can get to bed. I am satiated on crow at this point and hope to sleep at some point tonite. A few points:

Your folks at the gate were the most welcoming of any place I have visited this year. Although I have never been at a stadium where the gates open 30 minutes before the restroom and concession stand, I did have a nice conversation with a Rams fan who walked me thru the reasons for same. My hot dogs were tasty, and I even got to visit the visitors concession for some excellent peanuts( North Carolina grown, I was told by the nice gentleman who served me.)

I am very surprised that many of you were posting away during the game! While I have entered the digital age, I would never have thought to do that and would have been incapable of same on this cold night.

Whomever said the cold weather would be a factor was dead on. Our offense never got on track, mostly because of a well schemed beastly defense...but the cold seemed a factor as well. Your QB can sling a ball, though, let me tell you.

The Rams defense was just as advertised. You created a harsh environment for our Offense. Much credit to them, as they played with inspiration. I believe they will represent you well next week.

The refs were not great, missing obvious fouls on both squads. The referee who signaled first down, only to be proven wrong when the chains were requested, hopefully learned a lesson! And Surrrat may well have pushed off on the play referenced in earlier posts, but he was hit prematurely by the trailing defenders...easier to see from our sideline than yours I suppose. Bigger question is why we threw into triple coverage, but it came close to completion, so....

Most of The posters on both sides understood playful banter...some don't seem to get it, and are disrespectful and rude...but that's every board. 20 pages and counting...it was fun, but it's probably time to start a thread for next week. I wish we were going to the Ship, but it just stands as evidence of just how hard it really is to play for or win a State Championship. Our fan base is spoiled, in my opinion...so I can imagine that yours is as well. I well remember cold games in lean years... I like fat years better, but am quick to acknowledge appreciation for same...as deep playoff runs don't come around every year...unless you're Reidsville...

So, congratulations on this win and good luck next week!

To the classless jerks who show up to gloat, or to make excuses...just stop. The game was played on the field and the results are in! Reminds me of the election... Get over it already.

On to Basketball. I think we will be pretty good. If not, I'm still blessed beyond what I deserve. I deserve to be a Mustang, but I am a Wolf! That's Good enough for me.

Go Wolves! FYI, I'll pick them every time...even against the Alabama D. (easy, King ) Goodnite. Please don't make me come back on here tonight!

Last edited:
Reactions: lhsmamawolf
I'm not going to rub it in to bad but Let this be a perfect and last example of how playing a weak schedule don't matter if you beat the inferior teams like your supposed too. Every weak team Reidsville has played, it ended with a running clock like it should if your a state contending team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 56_4ever
Great, no Excellent excellent job by Reidsville defense you made believers out of non believers. Reidsville die hards knew what we had in our defense but the ones on the outside looking in just didn't understand until they had to be showed. #1 Chestnut will be a steal for some college. He has shut down two of the top receivers in the state this year. Austin is one of the best DB's you never heard about. #34 letterlough is a great leader he stepped up big time at RB. #3 Durham stepped up big time, just when you sleep on him he Does something big and tonight he did it big on both sides of the ball made two key plays on offense and defense that put the game out of reach. Our Dline LB's and DB's well they have been the back bone of our team all year. QB Tanner will definitely go down as one of the best QB's to come through Reidsville. The offensive line, well a QB can't be one of the best without his Oline blocking for him. Great job to all the coaches. Especially Coach Marrs for that great defensive scheme and Coach Hendricks for getting these DB's prepared and coached Noles for that great DLine. Coach Teague, well its coach Teague, Baby Teague, well its coach Teague son so. Also great job to the wide receiver coaches and Oline coach. Now focus on this last game and bring back #19

Last edited:
Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
I'm not going to rub it in to bad but Let this be a perfect and last example of how playing a weak schedule don't matter if you beat the inferior teams like your supposed too. Every weak team Reidsville has played, it ended with a running clock like it should if your a state contending team.
Always, nice summary of the night. Normally the bathrooms are open. He opened the gates earlier than normal. I will say this the kids for you guys didn't pull any of the mess that we got in the first two rounds. No verbal abuse nor a bunch of dirty play

Reactions: Stanimallector
IMO Lincolnton got absolutely OUTCOACHED. Anyone who has watched them play any game this season knows that they only have about 4 plays in the entire playbook. Reidsville doubled the 2 receivers all night.. so if my math is correct you put 4 players guarding 2 somewhere there has to be at least 1 person open on the field somewhere else but they wanted to keep going to the same guy. Lincolnton had more than 2 athletes on the field. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Coaches choked again late in the playoffs like they seem to do every year...

Reactions: Tennvolsfan06
IMO Lincolnton got absolutely OUTCOACHED. Anyone who has watched them play any game this season knows that they only have about 4 plays in the entire playbook. Reidsville doubled the 2 receivers all night.. so if my math is correct you put 4 players guarding 2 somewhere there has to be at least 1 person open on the field somewhere else but they wanted to keep going to the same guy. Lincolnton had more than 2 athletes on the field. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Coaches choked again late in the playoffs like they seem to do every year...
I noticed a couple of times the QB never checked down. He locked on 14 or 82 and never looked anywhere else. How do you guys stack up with Jr's coming back next year

I played back in 05-07 and thats how the offense has always been. the coaches tell the QB who is "supposed" to be open on that particular play so thats who they throw to. Hence why there were balls thrown in to double and triple coverage multiple times. As far as juniors the QB #11 will be back #5 will be back. losing almost everything else as far as skilled players on offense. i think 3 seniors on O line and D line.

Great, no Excellent excellent job by Reidsville defense you made believers out of non believers. Reidsville die hards knew what we had in our defense but the ones on the outside looking in just didn't understand until they had to be showed. #1 Chestnut will be a steal for some college. He has shut down two of the top receivers in the state this year. Austin is one of the best DB's you never heard about. #34 letterlough is a great leader he stepped up big time at RB. #3 Durham stepped up big time, just when you sleep on him he Does something big and tonight he did it big on both sides of the ball made two key plays on offense and defense that put the game out of reach. Our Dline LB's and DB's well they have been the back bone of our team all year. QB Tanner will definitely go down as one of the best QB's to come through Reidsville. The offensive line, well a QB can't be one of the best without his Oline blocking for him. Great job to all the coaches. Especially Coach Marrs for that great defensive scheme and Coach Hendricks for getting these DB's prepared and coached Noles for that great DLine. Coach Teague, well its coach Teague, Baby Teague, well its coach Teague son so. Also great job to the wide receiver coaches and Oline coach. Now focus on this last game and bring back #19
#30 made some great plays on defense, too.

Reactions: Stanimallector

One play we had #2 wide open down the middle and threw the pass 5 yards short, then had #20 open down the middle and he got hit and the ball was jarred loose. Don't know why we didn't try these plays again considering they were open. I thought #20 could be a big factor but not when you only look his way once.

I've been saying it all year. someone besides surratt was going to have to make a play in a big game. BUT when you are told who to throw the ball to that person never gets a chance to make that play. Lincolnton had so many weapons that we could have used to get them off the big time receivers. All you have to do is use them a couple times and at least put the thought in the other teams head that they have to cover someone besides 2 guys. But it never happened.

Reactions: Wolf4Lyfe
One play we had #2 wide open down the middle and threw the pass 5 yards short, then had #20 open down the middle and he got hit and the ball was jarred loose. Don't know why we didn't try these plays again considering they were open. I thought #20 could be a big factor but not when you only look his way once.
yeah that seam route was pen alot

Reactions: golden one
Yep #1 for Reidsville outplayed surratt and #82 didn't catch a pass...yall offense is trash
Dude whoever you are....respect I give you guys have a good team...No doubt but don't disrespect my son #82 as trash....I mean it's cool to talk behind a keyboard and all but ALL these players are people too....now it's no threat...but in no way has anyone other than yourself came out your mouth by down grading these boys....man up...talk the game not the players as such...

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
Come one come all for the world Championship of Eating Crow. Standing in this corner Zuke and the opposite corner AlwaysAWolf. Come on back and tell us how bad we were.
Wow a call out.....Well here I am front and center sir.....for the record I for one never said you were a bad team...You were 14-0 coming in regardless of what I thought of strength of schedule that means something. I said prior I was worried about your D line...that proved correct..I will give props...your D is nice...You won and I give respect...most of the rams posters are cool but you have one I have NO RESPECT FOR...anyhow...congrats to FB...Bbq..and probably a few others that made this thread one to remember...Reidsville came out and did their job...hands down...this is bittersweet fir me cause #82 is my baby boy and will graduate and move on to the next level...but as you also witnessed they never really tried to involve him in our game plan...and when it was over he looked at my wife and I and said..."dad I'm not mad we lost...I'm pissed at how they did me on offense by not trying to involve me"...that hurt...big props to your players as well...he also said...#34, #1, #18, and some of your coaches all spoke to him after the game with some very real encouraging words....THAT'S CLASS ....GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!!

I noticed a couple of times the QB never checked down. He locked on 14 or 82 and never looked anywhere else. How do you guys stack up with Jr's coming back next year
He NEVER locked on #82 for anything as usual.....Lol...he doesn't know what a check down is to be honest....has never found the open man in two years....pitiful coaching at best...and next year will be a great journey for the wolves....

I picked R-ville by 21. The game was closer than the score though with it being decided in the last few minutes so my prediction wasn't really sound. No shame for Lincolnton the game was close.

I was expecting 49-28 type game with Reidsville in control the whole game and that didn't happen. honestly the lack of scoring on both sides surprised me the most.

Reidsville has a great defense no doubt. Has Reidsville seen an option offense this year? Holmes runs the option and apparently they're very good at it. The reason I ask is that an option can make a great defense look bad if they over-pursue. The very thing that makes you great against a conventional offense can cause problems. They are going to need a week of practice and shift gears completely on D but I think they will handle it. Anway congrats Rams and good luck next week.

Honestly Lincolnton was trash

Uncalled for.

Wow a call out.....Well here I am front and center sir.....for the record I for one never said you were a bad team...You were 14-0 coming in regardless of what I thought of strength of schedule that means something. I said prior I was worried about your D line...that proved correct..I will give props...your D is nice...You won and I give respect...most of the rams posters are cool but you have one I have NO RESPECT FOR...anyhow...congrats to FB...Bbq..and probably a few others that made this thread one to remember...Reidsville came out and did their job...hands down...this is bittersweet fir me cause #82 is my baby boy and will graduate and move on to the next level...but as you also witnessed they never really tried to involve him in our game plan...and when it was over he looked at my wife and I and said..."dad I'm not mad we lost...I'm pissed at how they did me on offense by not trying to involve me"...that hurt...big props to your players as well...he also said...#34, #1, #18, and some of your coaches all spoke to him after the game with some very real encouraging words....THAT'S CLASS ....GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!!
All kidding aside. It was a a toss uo until 5 mins in the game. To hold you guys to 7 pts and 250ish yards offense was great. Good luck to your son. I've got one year left.

Reactions: zukeridr
All kidding aside. It was a a toss uo until 5 mins in the game. To hold you guys to 7 pts and 250ish yards offense was great. Good luck to your son. I've got one year left.
Thanks....we may be in Winston to watch...I'll let him decide...best of luck to yours as well!

Reidsville will win #19 next week...7th state championship game appearance in the last 14 years...start a new thread @FBcapitalofNC

Congratulations to Reidsville and good luck next week.
Your coaches had a great defensive game plan and it worked.
Good group of athletes and great coaching.

Last edited:
The two reasons Reidsville is a dominate program over the years is because of talent and GREAT COACHING. Its hard to beat Jimmy Teague , Doug Marrs and Company when they have the consistent talent the Reidsville Rec Dept and Middle School coaches develop.

I knew the game plan going into this game I also knew that Lincolnton would not be able to adjust for the Rams defensive coverage. If they had, Reidsville coaches have the ability to change on the fly.

That's the real difference between winners and losers, not gibberish like "who wants it most" and "who played the best schedule".

Best of luck to the Wolves down the road. Great program and good people.

First off congrats to the Rams on a great game. Yalls defense is the real deal and came to play last night, good luck to you guys next week! As for the game it self, I thought that coaching was the biggest difference maker. Yalls game plan on doubling surratt and taking away his comeback rout was spot on and we never adjusted to it. As 2008 said its been the same story at Lincolnton forever in terms of check downs and progression for the Qbs. You'd think a coaching staff thats been in as many big games as they have would adjust and try something different but apparently not. That 4th and 11 call at the end when we went three wide to the short side of the field and they all ran the same route was a TERRIBLE play call, once again coaching wets the bed and gets completely out coached. But once again congrats to the Rams, yalls defensive line controlled the game and got constant pressure on Cordell all night.. #73 is a beast! I'll be pulling for you guys next week.

Big congrats to the Rams. You guys have a fantastic squad. D was very good and played very well last night.

I have (always had) much respect for the 2016 Rams and good luck on #19!

Last night was a very competitive game that came down to the last 5 minutes. We had big momentum in the 2nd half, though unfortunately didn't have points to show. The call on the no-catch with 4:00 left was unfortunate. At that point, it was still anyone's games...

That WAS the best team you've played all year, suggesting otherwise is silly and laughable. It was what we expected - a fist fight of a dang tough W Reg Champ game. The Rams came up with a few more plays than we did. If a hand full of opportunities had a different result, as poorly as our O performed, the outcome would've been different. This is the nature of competitive games between very good teams...

Now... To suggest on these boards, read by our young men, that L was garbage, etc is laaaaaame, bogus, and born out of a blatant lack of objective thought (i.e. stupid). To call out any one of our players for their stats/performance is yet more pathetic. Go pump your own ego and pursue your desires for a vicarious life through a different means that doesn't involve a kid. To those respectable Ram posters, of which there are many, you should consider controlling this crap your responsibility as it reflects upon the reputation of Reidsville. Note, it's going poorly.

To my fellow Woves brethren - we lost a highly competitive game to a worthy opponent. We could've played better but let us not allow our expectation of success to spoil us. We should remember everyone involved is of finite capacity and ability and mistakes will be made - it's part of sport. It's easy to discuss these mistakes in hindsight but we must remember through our great disappointment that we are truly blessed with great talent across the board, players and coaches alike. Through continued support of the program and involvement of our alumni, we will continue to be successful.

What happened last night is an example adversity, fundamentally not unlike what our beloved young men will face throughout life. Through the heart ache, at some level the game of high school football has served its purpose in helping those young men grow. Also, I hope the players and coaches on both teams see the beauty of the gospel of Christ through their talent and this experience.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Here are some stats:
Rushing: Rams' Jaron Letterlough 111 yards on 12 carries; Bryson Durham 59 yards on 8 carries; Wolves' Zavier McClain 19 carries, 68 yards. Team rushing: Reidsville 189, Lincolnton 108.
Passing: Rams' Tanner Wilson 8-15-1, 112 yards, 1 TD; Wolves' Cordell Littlejohn 12-25-1, 79 yards, 1 TD. Team totals: Reidsville 112 yards, Lincolnton 79.
Receiving: Rams Austyn Chestnut 5 receptions, 95 yards, TD; Wolves' Sage Surge 10 receptions 75 yards, TD.
First Downs: Reidsville 14, Lincolnton 13.
Total yards: Reidsville 301, Lincolnton 187.
Tackles: Reidsville's Quiron Johnson 11, Alec Abel 10, Brandon Lee, Travoin Canada and Jaquan Hairston 7 each. Rams had 4 sacks - Brandon Lee 1, Quiron Johnson 1.5, Alec Abel 1, Jaquan Hairston 0.5.
#34 111 yards on 12 carries, Scored 1st TD I think according to MyFox 8. Led you guys in rushing yards,TDs,and total receptions(I think) for the year.

And you guys keep telling me he is more needed at LB?

If he was a junior ER might could sign him back for 2017 like Yankees did with Chapman.

Reactions: wolvesfan30
#34 111 yards on 12 carries, Scored 1st TD I think according to MyFox 8. Led you guys in rushing yards,TDs,and total receptions(I think) for the year.

And you guys keep telling me he is more needed at LB?

If he was a junior ER might could sign him back for 2017 like Yankees did with Chapman.

We said he was a good running back too. He is more needed at lb, if he goes out at lb we have no depth. We have some depth at running back, durham had a pretty good game too he and letterlough are neck and neck as far as rushing goes for the season.

We said he was a good running back too. He is more needed at lb, if he goes out at lb we have no depth. We have some depth at running back, durham had a pretty good game too he and letterlough are neck and neck as far as rushing goes for the season.
It's cool tarheel. Like to, as I have mentioned, wonder what ER would have been like if he had not transferred. Think their offense would have been more balanced however ER did not have the same athletes to put around him on defensive side of the ball.
Like I said somewhere on here if he had been in backfield when ER went to Lincolnton who knows if ground game might have helped. ER couldn't slow them down on D but if you play keep away for a while?
Anyway good luck to him and the Rams next week. I know which team to pull for in that game. No more Switzerland.

Dang now I want some cheese and chocolate. Thanks wolvesfan30!

Reactions: wolvesfan30
Big congrats to the Rams. You guys have a fantastic squad. D was very good and played very well last night.

I have (always had) much respect for the 2016 Rams and good luck on #19!

Last night was a very competitive game that came down to the last 5 minutes. We had big momentum in the 2nd half, though unfortunately didn't have points to show. The call on the no-catch with 4:00 left was unfortunate. At that point, it was still anyone's games...

That WAS the best team you've played all year, suggesting otherwise is silly and laughable. It was what we expected - a fist fight of a dang tough W Reg Champ game. The Rams came up with a few more plays than we did. If a hand full of opportunities had a different result, as poorly as our O performed, the outcome would've been different. This is the nature of competitive games between very good teams...

Now... To suggest on these boards, read by our young men, that L was garbage, etc is laaaaaame, bogus, and born out of a blatant lack of objective thought (i.e. stupid). To call out any one of our players for their stats/performance is yet more pathetic. Go pump your own ego and pursue your desires for a vicarious life through a different means that doesn't involve a kid. To those respectable Ram posters, of which there are many, you should consider controlling this crap your responsibility as it reflects upon the reputation of Reidsville. Note, it's going poorly.

To my fellow Woves brethren - we lost a highly competitive game to a worthy opponent. We could've played better but let us not allow our expectation of success to spoil us. We should remember everyone involved is of finite capacity and ability and mistakes will be made - it's part of sport. It's easy to discuss these mistakes in hindsight but we must remember through our great disappointment that we are truly blessed with great talent across the board, players and coaches alike. Through continued support of the program and involvement of our alumni, we will continue to be successful.

What happened last night is an example adversity, fundamentally not unlike what our beloved young men will face throughout life. Through the heart ache, at some level the game of high school football has served its purpose in helping those young men grow. Also, I hope the players and coaches on both teams see the beauty of the gospel of Christ through their talent and this experience.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.
I regret that I have but one "Like" to use for this post!

Say, friend. Any truth to the rumor of you all pursuing the Bomb Dropper to replace Coach B next season?

That's the rumor...not sure how I feel about it yet but I like Beam. He is one of our own so it would make sense I suppose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT