ADVERTISEMENT

1A Lincoln Charter vs Henderson Collegiate this Saturday

superhasbeen

Feb 18, 2003
This should be a great matchup and possible preview of the 1A State Championship game. Both teams are looking to finish the season strong and get ready for hopefully a deep playoff run. It'll be senior night for LCS, so there might be a little more motivation from LCS, as we are all still reeling from the loss of Coach Seitz.

#letsgobuffalo

Reactions: Dadof23
Should be a fun game as both teams are really, really good and play a fast-paced, skilled game. I'm glad these two teams decided to play one another this late in the season especially with the shortened season. Best of luck to both teams as it should be a really entertaining game. I hate to hear that about Coach Seitz. He was a great coach but a better person and was taken way too early by a virus that needs to go away.

Game cancelled, LCS looking to schedule another appointment but IMO this shouldn't happen this late in the season for obvious reasons.

Late season non conference games for teams looking to make runs not smart this year. One "contract tracing" and the season is over.

Really good game Lincoln Charter vs Moravian Prep National. A close game throughout as neither team could stop the other. Ultamelty, it came down to who could get a 3-4 pt lead and hold on. I don't think LCS will face anything like MP at any level in high school. They had scorers at every position and size. Center was 6'9, had a Colleg of Charleston signee 6'7, a 6'5 wing that signed with Winthrop, a 6'3 SG that never missed and was only a Jr, a 6'2 SG from Argentina never missed, and the coaches son who is probably one of the best PG at his age in NC who already has an offer from High Point. Lincoln Charter actually led most of the game but just missed too many down the stretch. Good showing for LCS though as I think they are a very good team regardless of classification. Not too many teams (1A-4A) would play a team like MP and not too many teams would even be in the game much less a chance to win under a minute to go.

Really good game Lincoln Charter vs Moravian Prep National. A close game throughout as neither team could stop the other. Ultamelty, it came down to who could get a 3-4 pt lead and hold on. I don't think LCS will face anything like MP at any level in high school. They had scorers at every position and size. Center was 6'9, had a Colleg of Charleston signee 6'7, a 6'5 wing that signed with Winthrop, a 6'3 SG that never missed and was only a Jr, a 6'2 SG from Argentina never missed, and the coaches son who is probably one of the best PG at his age in NC who already has an offer from High Point. Lincoln Charter actually led most of the game but just missed too many down the stretch. Good showing for LCS though as I think they are a very good team regardless of classification. Not too many teams (1A-4A) would play a team like MP and not too many teams would even be in the game much less a chance to win under a minute to go.

You’re completely right that hardly anybody 1A through 4A could hang with Moravian Prep,nor would they try. I say with all sincerity that Lincoln Charter should be very proud and that was an impressive showing. Not to get too much into a tired topic, but I think it also shows how the current system for classifying schools is a failure.

Last edited:

What was the situation with Lincoln Charter losing to Cherryville Tuesday night? I saw Fulton mentioned in the newspaper article about the game but not Cogan.

What was the situation with Lincoln Charter losing to Cherryville Tuesday night? I saw Fulton mentioned in the newspaper article about the game but not Cogan.

From what I was told, with the playoff seeding this year and with LCS winning the conference last week and guaranteed a #1 spot, the coaching staff decided to play only the seniors and a couple of freshmen that never get to play. MaxPreps doesn't count so the coach decided to rest his starters, but Troy and let them play the entire game. I was taken back a little when I saw this and they beat them by 60 first game but afterward I understood. That is what I was told. I know none of the starters scored or played so that has to be the case. With NO injuries to the core group and a potential state championship run, I don't blame him. Plus, they were up 14 points in the 3rd quarter. I'm sure they aren't losing sleep over it and they finish tonight vs Piedmont Charter. With 8 straight conference championships who can say anything. They will make a run I guarantee you.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
From what I was told, with the playoff seeding this year and with LCS winning the conference last week and guaranteed a #1 spot, the coaching staff decided to play only the seniors and a couple of freshmen that never get to play. MaxPreps doesn't count so the coach decided to rest his starters, but Troy and let them play the entire game. I was taken back a little when I saw this and they beat them by 60 first game but afterward I understood. That is what I was told. I know none of the starters scored or played so that has to be the case. With NO injuries to the core group and a potential state championship run, I don't blame him. Plus, they were up 14 points in the 3rd quarter. I'm sure they aren't losing sleep over it and they finish tonight vs Piedmont Charter. With 8 straight conference championships who can say anything. They will make a run I guarantee you.

Fulton and Seitz were mentioned in the article I read but not Cogan, Burnette, or Farley, so the senior thing you were told seems to track. I like the idea of giving seniors a spotlight in the finale, and glad to hear it’s nothing injury/health related.

Reactions: Dadof23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT