ADVERTISEMENT

KM

Congrats KM, big win for the program. solid game defensively it sounded like!

Good luck next week.

Congrats KM!!! Proud of you guys. Y'all have rebounded from that little dip y'all were in a couple years back really quick. I just hope my bulldogs will be able to do that same.

Way to work work KM. One man can't beat a team. You have a hell of a defense.

If both our teams can make it to the Western finals, that should be a classic game between SP and KM. But first things first, SP hosts West Rowan and Kings Mountain gets a well-earned home game against Hibriten. Good luck, Mountaineers.

Thanks for all the congrats, we had a good night. I can't say enough about our coaching staff and kids. Thanks to all our fans who made the trip. Even after a rough loss several freedom players , including 5, wished our kids the best of luck. We'll be back home next week, and give it our best shot again.

Congrats to the entire KM coaching staff and all of those players. This game had me a little worried, but it looks like these boys are playing on point. That defense is a beast right now and if they keep it up, the sky is the limit for rest of the playoffs. Can't wait to watch you guys play at home again on Friday.

Thanks for all the congrats, we had a good night. I can't say enough about our coaching staff and kids. Thanks to all our fans who made the trip. Even after a rough loss several freedom players , including 5, wished our kids the best of luck. We'll be back home next week, and give it our best shot again.
Congrats to KM. Very well coached and well rounded team. Strong
fan base for away game. Good luck going forward.

Reactions: KM2ASU
No surprise. Patsfball talks all season only to see his top seeded team fall to a much more quality opponent... Records don't mean anything when the playoffs start... It starts over.. Stop boasting about beating JV squads and don't EVER put Crest and Freedom in the same sentence again... Have fun at basketball games

In defense of Pats, he loves his team but like all of us, wanted them to show him. I hate it for him, but it is what it is.

No surprise. Patsfball talks all season only to see his top seeded team fall to a much more quality opponent... Records don't mean anything when the playoffs start... It starts over.. Stop boasting about beating JV squads and don't EVER put Crest and Freedom in the same sentence again... Have fun at basketball games
Can't remember which team you support.... it looks like maybe Burns based on
likes from a couple Lawndale guys. If so dude, you got a lot more to worry about than
me and Freedom. Go tend the goats and try to put that disaster of a program back
together.

Can't remember which team you support.... it looks like maybe Burns based on
likes from a couple Lawndale guys. If so dude, you got a lot more to worry about than
me and Freedom. Go tend the goats and try to put that disaster of a program back
together.

Don't forget our "disaster of a program" took it to you guys for 3 quarters 2 years ago. And it took our defense just being exhausted for you to squeak it out 28-21. We also played KM closer than you did this year with an injury ridden roster (14-0 vs us, 21-6 vs you). If our program is a disaster I wouldn't say yours is much better. It's just hidden by your very weak conference.

TheBear is new to posting.... so I'll call you cub. Cub, 5 teams out of
our weak conference would beat Burns this season. Freedom, South,
Hibriten, Watauga, and St Stephens.... honestly Patton probably would
have, making it 6. I'm confident Burns will return, just having a little fun.

I don't want to take anything away from Kings Mountain defense. The best
front 7 we faced all year. But here is my thinking..... 2 teams beat KM this
season, and both did it by throwing the football. KM shut Crest running game
down so Crest went to the air. If you are going to beat KM you must throw
the football - they are weak in secondary and cannot defend the pass.
Do like us, and bunch it up in a power formation and you're beat. Studying
film goes a long way.....

I don't want to take anything away from Kings Mountain defense. The best
front 7 we faced all year. But here is my thinking..... 2 teams beat KM this
season, and both did it by throwing the football. KM shut Crest running game
down so Crest went to the air. If you are going to beat KM you must throw
the football - they are weak in secondary and cannot defend the pass.
Do like us, and bunch it up in a power formation and you're beat. Studying
film goes a long way.....

Yes we stacked the box on Crest....and we got torched in our man to man.

Shelby completed 6 passes......2 special teams plays hurt us more than their passing game

I believe you did throw more than 6 passes, your QB was either getting sacked or he was running for his life....we intercepted one and could have intercepted the another, but our DB was smart enough not to catch a 4th down pass.

I've tried to be humble....but you're right, film study goes a long way. Not too hard to figure out that we could run a 7-2 and shut you down, because you couldn't do anything else out of that formation.

Freedom would have been a whole lot better off to spread us out and take their chances that way, because they had zero chance with what they did. But thanks for giving our defense some credit, because we still had to tackle 5, and that's something a lot of other people haven't been able to do out of that same formation.

Reactions: footsoldier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT