ADVERTISEMENT

Midway

They had a good team this past year and were young. The middle school has been undefeated for the past three years. A lot of athletes. Not sure about potential candidates.

Reactions: TopspinDaddy66
Any chance Lakewood convinces James Lewis to come out of retirement? Like mention above they had a young team seems like a good group steady coming from the middle school.

Last edited:
Other Sampson county football news Hobbton outstanding WR Ashawd Wynn transferring to Hough in Charlotte. Curious what the anti transfer/recruiting activist have to say about that. Seems like people only have issues/questions when kids transfer to certain schools.

Hough has a good history of getting kids from the sandhills area. Must be good jobs and housing there.

Other Sampson county football news Hobbton outstanding WR Ashawd Wynn transferring to Hough in Charlotte. Curious what the anti transfer/recruiting activist have to say about that. Seems like people only have issues/questions when kids transfer to certain schools.
Didn’t Clinton have Incoming Freshmen QB transfer to Hough last year?

We had a kid go there from Britt. Had a great career there as a QB. Hough finds them. Or they find Hough.

Doesn’t matter which school they transfer to. I think it is wrong letting your school and teammates down. If you are good enough colleges will find you.

Reactions: TopspinDaddy66
Doesn’t matter which school they transfer to. I think it is wrong letting your school and teammates down. If you are good enough colleges will find you.
I agree to an extent but no way you can say the playing field in terms of exposure to scouts and coaches is the same at a 4A school in Charlotte vs a 1A school in Newton Grove. Yea they may find you, by accident cause they ain’t driving to Hobbton.

People need to stop acting like these kids are married to these high schools. If a family makes that decision and fulfill the obligations necessary then cool. I don’t understand why do other grown people get mad and worry about what high school other grown adults decide to take their kids to? Had a conversation with a Lakewood father who wants to move his son (3 sport ATH) so he gets support on both sides academically and athletically are we going to look down on him and his family if and when they decide to make that move. Did I like when kids like Ethan Royal and JJ Baggett left for Charlotte no but I’m not going to speak down on them or their family for the decision I wish them well and hope they do good which both have.

Also what bugs me is people seem to only complain about kids moving/transferring when it’s away from your school. But when they coming in not a single complaint. You hear those Reidsville fans complaining about Sharpe and Camron Jones????? and sounds like more coming in Hell no and I’m willing to bet if 5 really good football players transfer to your school of choice you won’t complain either.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT