ADVERTISEMENT

KM VS SP

Expect a very tough game. KM totally shut down the Crest running game, but Crest was luckily able to pass the ball. KM will try the same on SP and the Raiders will continue to run instead of pass regardless. In years past, SP's game was always about the offense, but this is a very good defensive team. 21 Int's on the season and a stout run defense. KM and SP have had some amazing shootouts including the 56-52 game in '99. This one could actually be a defensive game. I see neither team scoring more than 28 and looking for a final of 28-20 SP.

You may be right. SP could be the lucky ADM bracket champs. If BOTH Shelby and Crest falter, then maybe you'll have wiggle room to crow. Otherwise, meh.

I respect your opinion no matter how wrong, but this team, at this time of year, can beat anyone in 3a regardless of adm.

I respect your opinion no matter how wrong, but this team, at this time of year, can beat anyone in 3a regardless of adm.

Perhaps, but you only are looking at half of my point. Maybe you win 3A, but do you really think you could win 2A or 2AA for that matter? If Shelby takes it, then what is the point of being the 3A champ?

Perhaps, but you only are looking at half of my point. Maybe you win 3A, but do you really think you could win 2A or 2AA for that matter? If Shelby takes it, then what is the point of being the 3A champ?
I imagine that if I strolled through the Crest trophy case area, I would see a state championship trophy from 2003. Why would you have that in your case after we embarrassed you that year. You can't have it both ways.

Reactions: coondog8585
E

As it stands in NC, there are 8 state champions. Let the ones with rings debate your premise.

NOBODY wants to play South Point this time of year. Crest escaped last year on a prayer! If the Mountaineers come out on top, they'll have to earn it. Congrats to West Rowan on a great comeback effort Friday. We might be down on size and athleticism but we just keep getting better. Go Raiders!

Reactions: seadog28
This is the craziest/easiest path to the state championship in school history....but we'll TAKE IT!!!!
KM has beaten nobody except for bad big south members (EG, NG, FV), 2A teams and a couple foothill teams in Hibriten and Freedom. I expect an almost blowout.
SP 48, KM 28

That's easy to say when you're not having to play Crest! You are right about your concern for KM. They are big enough and physical enough to eat SP's cut blocking munchkins! They are fast enough to contain SP's entire backfield! You have not played a run defense like KM all year.
I'm more concerned with this matchup with KM than I would be if it were with Crest...... #truth

Reactions: rockstrong
That's easy to say when you're not having to play Crest! You are right about your concern for KM. They are big enough and physical enough to eat SP's cut blocking munchkins! They are fast enough to contain SP's entire backfield! You have not played a run defense like KM all year.

If you really think SP is concerned with the size of ANY team they play you have no idea about SP football to begin with...... Size doesn't beat SP and honestly I welcome a big nasty 300lb DL. I love watching them piss and moan by the 4th quarter getting beat every down by white boys half their size.

Speed also has little impact on playing assignment football. Speed is useless if you are keying on the wrong guy. SP hasn't become the program they are by outmanning opponents every week. This Friday will be no different......hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Welcome to the board BTW......

Reactions: seadog28
If you really think SP is concerned with the size of ANY team they play you have no idea about SP football to begin with...... Size doesn't beat SP and honestly I welcome a big nasty 300lb DL. I love watching them piss and moan by the 4th quarter getting beat every down by white boys half their size.

Speed also has little impact on playing assignment football. Speed is useless if you are keying on the wrong guy. SP hasn't become the program they are by outmanning opponents every week. This Friday will be no different......hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Why you gotta bring race into it. Who said the big DL would be black. Now i have another reason to hate south point fans. They are racist

The King speaks:
SP 42 KM 24

What run defense? Freaking EG put up 42 points on them!!! EG!!!!! LOL.
KM has played and beaten a bunch of 2a teams in that conference that resembles Gaston County Middle School Divison 1 conference. KM beat 3 crap Big South members...congrats.

Then you get a couple teams from the foothills who are historically terrible at tackle football during the playoffs.
I may be off. Tell you what- let me revise that score prediction now that I'm thinking more clearly.
SP 49
KM 21

They ought to play the Righteous Brothers over the loud speaker instead of the band this week. About halfway through the 4th qtr they can blare " You've lost that loving feeling" because the Mounties will have lost their loving feeling in their knees and shoulders about that time of the game. KM plays flag football on offense, and apparently lets some team called the EG Warriors stick it up their butt for 42. H#ll let me revise that score one more time.
SP 59
KM 13

Why you gotta bring race into it. Who said the big DL would be black. Now i have another reason to hate south point fans. They are racist
Unless he edited his post....I think you may be an idiot. I didn't see where he said they were black....but I'm still trying to determine how that is offensive. Either way...I don't care if you're offended at all.

Although I don't subscribe to the normal talk on here that SP is "half everyone's size" because it's just not true, it is a fact that our OL does dominate most DL and LB fronts they face. It is also a fact that most of our OL are white. It is also a fact that Belmont is a mostly white community...therefore one would suspect that a large majority of our OL might be that since you are pulling from the same demographic. So, I guess some other idiot should be offended that we have a 5 man white OL.

I will go one step further. ALL years, but this year in particular, our OL is the absolute SOLE reason we are where we are in the season on offense. ML is a great OL coach, and that is proven about every week. We live and die with our OL this year due to problems at other skill positions despite rhetoric that you may hear otherwise.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog

You saying KM doesn't or hasn't worked hard? SP the only team that works hard? This is the 4th round of the playoffs, the teams that don't work hard are sitting in the bleachers.

I was really just picking with him. He didnt say he was black , i guess he could of been any race other than white.

Kings Mountain has improved more than you realize. Should be a great game. South Point should have the edge with home field and have been to 4th round more. Wouldn't be surprised if the game is closer than most think. Good Luck to both.

Well you can think what you want about East Gaston scoring 42 points on KM all you want to,but KM started subbing in the second quarter. In most all games KM played this year they started subbing out in second or third quarters on most all teams they played and tryed to play all players they have on the side lines.They are not like South Point and leave their FIRST STRING in the whole game and RUN the score up on teams they are already up 35 points on. But I will tell you this when Kings Mountain BEATS SP this Friday night I sure hope its KM 44 SP 7 I hope they run the score up on SP like SP has on everyone they could. .

Reactions: Chargers#1
Well you can think what you want about East Gaston scoring 42 points on KM all you want to,but KM started subbing in the second quarter. In most all games KM played this year they started subbing out in second or third quarters on most all teams they played and tryed to play all players they have on the side lines.They are not like South Point and leave their FIRST STRING in the whole game and RUN the score up on teams they are already up 35 points on. But I will tell you this when Kings Mountain BEATS SP this Friday night I sure hope its KM 44 SP 7 I hope they run the score up on SP like SP has on everyone they could. .

Take a deep breath, Beamon! In, out, in, out, now relax. As a precaution, I've notified the EMTs working the game Friday night. Should Mickey run up the score, you're covered. They'll be looking for you with a straight jacket and some hard drugs.

Not true this season. Usually, once they scored 35 or after the 1st possession of the 3rd quarter, the coaches began to put in the subs. In some cases, by 4th quarter, third string and JVs were in and still able to score on the other team's starters.

Last edited:
See that you missed all of the Raider games this year since you are clueless about the Raiders. You are welcome this Friday.

The King speaks:
SP 42 KM 24

What run defense? Freaking EG put up 42 points on them!!! EG!!!!! LOL.
KM has played and beaten a bunch of 2a teams in that conference that resembles Gaston County Middle School Divison 1 conference. KM beat 3 crap Big South members...congrats.

Then you get a couple teams from the foothills who are historically terrible at tackle football during the playoffs.
I may be off. Tell you what- let me revise that score prediction now that I'm thinking more clearly.
SP 49
KM 21

They ought to play the Righteous Brothers over the loud speaker instead of the band this week. About halfway through the 4th qtr they can blare " You've lost that loving feeling" because the Mounties will have lost their loving feeling in their knees and shoulders about that time of the game. KM plays flag football on offense, and apparently lets some team called the EG Warriors stick it up their butt for 42. H#ll let me revise that score one more time.
SP 59
KM 13
EG was the 2nd game of the season. All the SP folks keep saying that SP has gotten better as the season has progressed. SP is not the only team to improve. KM kept two of the best running backs (Harbison and Emmons) in the state in check. You talk about KM's crappy conference and seem to forget about the Gaston county teams in SP's conference? How many teams in the Big South made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs? (1) How many of the teams from the SMAC made it to the 2nd round? (4) How many Big South teams made it to the third round? (1) How many SMAC teams made it to the 3rd round? (4) How many Big South teams made it to the fourth round? (1) How many Big South made it to the 4th round? (1) How many SMAC teams made it to the 4th round? (3) How many Big South teams will make it to the finals? (0) How many SMAC teams will make it to the finals? (3)

Although you copied his post...I'm not sure you read it thoroughly. I think he is saying exactly what you're saying. I've said on here we've had an unbelievably easy path...and I'm pretty sure nobody is denying that. RM99 does say the "crap big south conf". But, he is also right that yall's conference is as bad as ours too.

Sp has got better since we played shelby and The crampers.

Coonie, you might want to edit that post. "SP has got better since we were thoroughly embarrassed by allowing a 2A team, Shelby to beat us and manhandled and totally dominated by CREST 31-13".

Although you copied his post...I'm not sure you read it thoroughly. I think he is saying exactly what you're saying. I've said on here we've had an unbelievably easy path...and I'm pretty sure nobody is denying that. RM99 does say the "crap big south conf". But, he is also right that yall's conference is as bad as ours too.

DeBoer, The SMAC was leaps and bounds better than the Big South. Like all conferences we had cellar dwellers Burns and Chase. But to put 4 members in the 3rd round speaks volumes about the quality of play in the SMAC. When KM beats your team this Friday will you admit that your best wasn't as good as our 3rd place team?

Nobody wants to play South Point right now! I like RalphMacio99's prediction. It amazes me how the Raiders continue to do so much with the players they have. Just feel blessed if you can beat the midgets.

DeBoer, The SMAC was leaps and bounds better than the Big South. Like all conferences we had cellar dwellers Burns and Chase. But to put 4 members in the 3rd round speaks volumes about the quality of play in the SMAC. When KM beats your team this Friday will you admit that your best wasn't as good as our 3rd place team?
100% disagree. If SP beats KM by 17 plus points...your theory is shot to sheet. North bygod gaston beat East Rutherford- who is in yalls conference...and they went 3-5 in it. Sorry pal, wrong. Tell LaFonda I said "what's up?"

EG was the 2nd game of the season. All the SP folks keep saying that SP has gotten better as the season has progressed. SP is not the only team to improve. KM kept two of the best running backs (Harbison and Emmons) in the state in check. You talk about KM's crappy conference and seem to forget about the Gaston county teams in SP's conference? How many teams in the Big South made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs? (1) How many of the teams from the SMAC made it to the 2nd round? (4) How many Big South teams made it to the third round? (1) How many SMAC teams made it to the 3rd round? (4) How many Big South teams made it to the fourth round? (1) How many Big South made it to the 4th round? (1) How many SMAC teams made it to the 4th round? (3) How many Big South teams will make it to the finals? (0) How many SMAC teams will make it to the finals? (3)

Feel better now, FE71? I know I do!

Wish there were more Mounties fans. It gets tiresome watching SP fans constantly outwitting the educationally inept, toothless, sister loving Chargers. If we were playing Crest at beautiful Lineberger Stadium, the BullCharger posters should be on here complaining about the quality of the field and asking that the game be played in a field of daisies with butterflies and cotton candy at halftime.

Bigger - KM
Faster - KM
Stronger - KM
Running Attack - KM huge blocking backs and heavy line has advantage on wet muddy field
Passing - KM good passer & 2 tall / fast recievers, reciever has advantage on wet muddy field
Winner - SP

Bigger - KM
Faster - KM
Stronger - KM
Running Attack - KM huge blocking backs and heavy line has advantage on wet muddy field
Passing - KM good passer & 2 tall / fast recievers, reciever has advantage on wet muddy field
Winner - SP

If they are so big, fast and strong then how did EG score 42 points on them? Crest had enough trouble with SP...and blew KM out of the water. I don't think KM is faster, stronger or has a better rushing attack.
They MAY be bigger...that remains to be seen, but judging by the matchups they aren't better in any phase other than passing.

KM started subbing in second quarter and played everyone on team is why. Not saying EG was not all that good cause EG does or did have a good team. They played a very good ball game. But KM did sub everyone in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT