ADVERTISEMENT

KM VS SP

The only edge I see is SP being at home...I wouldn't even venture to pick a winner! Coondog (I hate it buddy) but I got to pull for Kings Mtn in this one.

The only edge I see is SP being at home...I wouldn't even venture to pick a winner! Coondog (I hate it buddy) but I got to pull for Kings Mtn in this one.

You are probably right about home being our only edge. I thought the SP/WR game was a 7 pt game at best and probably closer. This one is probably going into overtime. I just hope that KM's lines aren't as big as WR's were. :eek:

I think SP will take care of business the rest of the way after that close call last night. We needed a close game at this time of the year which we have not had. We get back to business and wear down the KM defense at the end. SP by 14 and win going away.

You are probably right about home being our only edge. I thought the SP/WR game was a 7 pt game at best and probably closer. This one is probably going into overtime. I just hope that KM's lines aren't as big as WR's were. :eek:
They are big...but not massive.

Reactions: sasha_nc
One thing that is impressive about the Cleveland County fans is that they pull for each other and support their conference and county. Shelby, Burns, and Crest will pull hard for KM. I applaud that. But then here comes EGfan to pronounce his allegiance to KM. I guess that the allegiance that the CC bunch shows for each other is a result of their collective success. I guess that the allegiance that EG feels to KM comes from their lack thereof.

Saw this game coming from week one. This could get very interesting. KM will put somewhere between 9 and 12 in the box each play and dare SP to run through them or throw over them. Hope the refs stay out of this one and let the teams decide who goes to Chapel Hill. Confidence in my Raiders, so my room is already booked in Chapel Hill for the championship game. Looking forward to another fantastic Friday night.

One thing that is impressive about the Cleveland County fans is that they pull for each other and support their conference and county. Shelby, Burns, and Crest will pull hard for KM. I applaud that. But then here comes EGfan to pronounce his allegiance to KM. I guess that the allegiance that the CC bunch shows for each other is a result of their collective success. I guess that the allegiance that EG feels to KM comes from their lack thereof.

Should we call Chuc? J/K

Aside from EG fans hating SP, KM's Coach Lloyd used to be at East Gaston which may play into it as well.

EG, we wish we could hate you, but that would be like hating your 4 year old neighbor. Lloyd didn't coach there long enough for you guys to be attached to him, so your passion for KM grows simply out of your jealousy of SP.

Kings mtn will stack the box to stop the run like they did against freedom and crest and do a fine job of it. I think it will be a close smashmouth game that kings mtn will win. Maybe 24 to 21.

Reactions: 65Lion
Good luck South Point and don't make our loss in vain. This is not a knock on Kings Mountain as I am sure you have a great team or you would not be in the 4th round. It's just that I have to support the team that took us out. So get it done Red Raiders or I promise we will be back next season to beat your azzes!! :cool:

KM stacked the box against hibriten our fullback had 130 yds. I would think KM will handle the fullback veer better the 2nd time they see it. Should be a good game.

35-21 Red Raiders, Km hasn't shown the ability in the past to stop Sp and I don't think they start now.

EG, we wish we could hate you, but that would be like hating your 4 year old neighbor. Lloyd didn't coach there long enough for you guys to be attached to him, so your passion for KM grows simply out of your jealousy of SP.
I will admit, some of the hatred stems from the desire to be in the mix year after year. It's only a small part of it though. There are a multitude of things really in this game specifically. There are some dang good people over at KM that for five years done right by us and made us a better program than we would have been if they never stepped foot on our campus. They are very approachable and I've built relationships with them over the years. Not to say that SP doesn't have good folks too, I just don't know them like the crew at KM. To be honest, coaching friendships aside, that dadgum pass that was dialed up by ML at the end of the 2003 game, up by 28 with 0:07 left is the root of it all.

I will admit, some of the hatred stems from the desire to be in the mix year after year. It's only a small part of it though. There are a multitude of things really in this game specifically. There are some dang good people over at KM that for five years done right by us and made us a better program than we would have been if they never stepped foot on our campus. They are very approachable and I've built relationships with them over the years. Not to say that SP doesn't have good folks too, I just don't know them like the crew at KM. To be honest, coaching friendships aside, that dadgum pass that was dialed up by ML at the end of the 2003 game, up by 28 with 0:07 left is the root of it all.

If Latham doesn't take a timeout down 28 when we had just taken two knees the pass never would have happened......Kind of like a "two can play this game" move. Both were bush league in my opinion.....

Reactions: coondog8585
I admire and respect the humble bunch from CC, but here's the truth. Their easy path to the game will hurt them Friday night. I can break it down for you - the easy path - but don't think I need to.

This is the year of the Red Raider. KM's time is soon.

Easy path by going on the road and beating the number one seed? Not sure i understand your logic on that one seadog lol

only reason freedom was number 1 bc they don't play nobody. The one good team they played was Shelby and Shelby beat them...

I hear you, charger strong. Let's be honest, Freedom surprised a lot of people by getting out of the first round. I believe Freedom was highly over rated. Would have finished 4th in your conference and no better than second in any other 3a conference in the state. It is what it is. You just have to look.

Reactions: marsgreen
If Latham doesn't take a timeout down 28 when we had just taken two knees the pass never would have happened......Kind of like a "two can play this game" move. Both were bush league in my opinion.....

I think there was a lot of misunderstanding in what happened, and I've seen this argument come up a couple of times over the years. There's a few details that have been left out. Best to say there was a huge misunderstanding to the reason for that timeout, and the actions after that misunderstanding made both sides look bad in the eyes of the other.

I think there was a lot of misunderstanding in what happened, and I've seen this argument come up a couple of times over the years. There's a few details that have been left out. Best to say there was a huge misunderstanding to the reason for that timeout, and the actions after that misunderstanding made both sides look bad in the eyes of the other.

Wow, and I thought Cam was the politician!

I'll tell you one thing Mr. KM2ASU, Red Raiders don't need much to find chips for our shoulders!!! Oh yeah, you knew that already. Never mind.

Reactions: KM2ASU
Easy path or not KM peaking at right time...
And a team peaking is hard to beat..
I think turnovers a key to this game....
Km at home helps too

Either way, KM peaking...there defense was there weak point early in year,now its stepped it up...
But of course Red bone aways hard to stop...
I still belive turnovers play role..
Im sure SP will not make many mistakes this late in year,,u gotta wonder if KM not being this deep in long time will have an effect

I've heard some people from CC say some people from KM think they're part of Gaston County.:D

They used to be in both counties. Several years ago KM held an election to decide which county to be in for consolidation. They voted Cleveland. There are still folks there that do not agree with the election results. Some changed counties without ever moving.

Reactions: Chopper747

dont let us fool you raidertime, I dont mind pulling for KM, as far as Crest. Burns fans will not pull for them ever. I hope they lose every game and cheer for any team playing them. If they win, it isnt so bad because Burns still has plenty to do with those victories :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT