ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Hampton - Alleghany rushing record.

OEFVet89

Oct 30, 2014
Just to brag a little, Jake Hampton tied for second in state history and tied for first in the conference all time for TD's in a game with 7 rushing. He also made it onto the all time list in the state for rushing yards in a game, the most in the modern MVAC, the most rushing yards since 2003 in entire surrounding area. The only two local area running backs with more yards are: Lionel Smith from Mount Airy - 431, and Justin Billips - 371. Jake had 365 yards rushing on 17 carries. I'm not taking anything away from the rest of the team, and want to just say no running back ever got anywhere without big men opening the holes for him. Kudos to the offensive line for having their way all night, and for the defense for being so stingy. Let's see it again this week!

These are both Alleghany High School rushing records. Just wanted to say congrats to my little brother and the entire Alleghany team on their best season to date. It's hard not to brag on a younger brother when he does something like this.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Originally posted by OEFVet89:
Just to brag a little, Jake Hampton tied for second in state history and tied for first in the conference all time for TD's in a game with 7 rushing. He also made it onto the all time list in the state for rushing yards in a game, the most in the modern MVAC, the most rushing yards since 2003 in entire surrounding area. The only two local area running backs with more yards are: Lionel Smith from Mount Airy - 431, and Justin Billips - 371. Jake had 365 yards rushing on 17 carries. I'm not taking anything away from the rest of the team, and want to just say no running back ever got anywhere without big men opening the holes for him. Kudos to the offensive line for having their way all night, and for the defense for being so stingy. Let's see it again this week!

These are both Alleghany High School rushing records. Just wanted to say congrats to my little brother and the entire Alleghany team on their best season to date. It's hard not to brag on a younger brother when he does something like this.
First off, thanks for your service to our country!

As much as I love high school football, there's nothing quite like watching a family member on the gridiron on a friday night....Just kind of gets the blood a pumping a little more when you are watching your own flesh and blood play, much less set records along the way...

Congrats to your brother Jake on his outstanding accomishments, and best wishes to him in the future...Sounds as though he's got a great example to follow right in front of him...Kudos to you, OEFVet89!

Thanks for the support, it's much appreciated. He's turning out to be a fine young man, with relentless work ethic. He got up Saturday morning and pulled a load of Christmas trees down to Wilmington, got back yesterday around 2 p.m. and turned right around and took another load to Lake Norman. As long as teenagers keep themselves busy, they have less time to get in trouble.... Hahaha.

There was a third area running back with more that I missed. Josh Wright from South Stokes ran for 372 back in 2001. Justin Billips is also from Elkin, forgot to add that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT