ADVERTISEMENT

Cutler Adams/Tyler Mason

Cuttler will out work any kid in this state. That is a fact. You guys are way too tied up in future College players. Cuttler getting his looks as well. I’ve never seen a kid work harder than what Cuttler works. Colleges that pass on Cuttler, are passing on a kid that will give everything he’s got.
It's a shame that he's not getting looked at more. Hope he goes somewhere walks on and has a hell of a career.

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
I agree with you it might be. But and this is a rarity for a 1A team. Really any team. And it's not bragging cause I'm jealous we don't have those kind of players right now. Mason three-star borderline four star going to Virginia tech. Dandy three star borderline four star going to Virginia tech. The Baldwin kid 6 7 255 right guard probably getting ready from what I hear to get offered by Virginia tech. Revels number three the fastest kid on the team a solid division two maybe getting an offer from UVA. And the linebacker wide receiver Hunter kicker who is receiving serious interest from Duke and others. Not to mention Caleb Reid who will go to a division two school on a scholarship. Not to mention the sophomore at 6'1 3:45 running a five 1 40 I'm not sure Raven Gap does have a better defense. Say what you want they're probably deeper and I don't know much about them but I would be hard pressed to see any kids coming off that or any team that have that kind of talent. Now it doesn't mean a hill of beans if they don't turn it into winds on the field. But I believe they've allowed less than a thousand yards so far total. That's pretty impressive. Just playing devil's advocate here but I hear you saying that twice..
I say this about RG just because I’ve seen them. This in no way forecasts anything about Mt Airy. RG had the number 15 national DL recruit. Nobody we play will have anything close to what he was and his recruiting profile.

I say this about RG just because I’ve seen them. This in no way forecasts anything about Mt Airy. RG had the number 15 national DL recruit. Nobody we play will have anything close to what he was and his recruiting profile.
One dude. Not 5. I think they are a football mill with their 20 scholarships five and each class or whatever it is they do. It's horseshit that they get to play in the North Carolina league even if they are a private. I've watched film on him. He's good. But when you run away from him you're running at somebody that's not quite as good or even close. When you run away from 42 you're running over to 22 who came in as a freshman and didn't just play well with dominated in the state championship last year. Once again just playing devil's advocate but he is 6'3 2:15 running a 45 40 as a sophomore.

One dude. Not 5. I think they are a football mill with their 20 scholarships five and each class or whatever it is they do. It's horseshit that they get to play in the North Carolina league even if they are a private. I've watched film on him. He's good. But when you run away from him you're running at somebody that's not quite as good or even close. When you run away from 42 you're running over to 22 who came in as a freshman and didn't just play well with dominated in the state championship last year. Once again just playing devil's advocate but he is 6'3 2:15 running a 45 40 as a sophomore.
I encourage you to look at RG roster. They have 16 D-1 players. Legitimate D-1 Players.

Robbinsville folks, what level will Adams play at in college (D3, D2, FCS) and what position do you expect him to play?

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Rabun Gap had an impressive D, big linemen, aggressive LBS, and long, athletic DBs. They, like most NC private schools (they are located in GA), do not have quality depth.

Think RG struggled a bit with Robbinsville at times because they probably are not seeing the offensive scheme and sets that Robbinsville runs.

I encourage you to look at RG roster. They have 16 D-1 players. Legitimate D-1 Players.
Surprisingly I did. There were four in the top 200 in Georgia in the class of 2024. As you say legitimate D1 players they would be two of them. You know I'm assuming you're not putting Appalachian and other schools in that category. So of the four in the top 200 2 are legitimate D1 recruits. Now I could be wrong The Quinn kid might be listed in North Carolina. So. I don't see 16 my man. I'm sure they're better than Mount Airy because I think robbinsville is about the same as Mount Airy. But you're jerky boy statements don't do when they're not telling the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprisingly I did. There were four in the top 200 in Georgia in the class of 2024. As you say legitimate D1 players they would be two of them. You know I'm assuming you're not putting Appalachian and other schools in that category. So of the four in the top 200 2 are legitimate D1 recruits. Now I could be wrong The Quinn kid might be listed in North Carolina. So. I don't see 16 my man. I'm sure they're better than Mount Airy because I think robbinsville is about the same as Mount Airy. But you're smart ass jerky boy statements don't do shit when they're not telling the truth.
Oh look out I found two more in the class of 2025. I don't see Quinn listed in North Carolina either so maybe something happened there. 16 - 6 is 10. You're off just a little bit

Oh look out I found two more in the class of 2025. I don't see Quinn listed in North Carolina either so maybe something happened there. 16 - 6 is 10. You're off just a little bit
It’s not Jerkish comments. Have no reason to be jerky about anything. Yes, App State is included in legit D-1 schools. So is Charlotte. Although I know, to some, places like Charlotte and App are not considered, they are still well above the Mars Hills and Lenoir/Rhynes.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
I'm not sure Adams is the best RB ever at Rville. As far as HS backs it's hard to beat Anderson and Cruz they could carry a team by determination alone. Also Kurt Odom was as fast as Adams and bigger. Not to mention the old school guys that only played 13 games.

Reactions: WickedStix9
I'm not sure Adams is the best RB ever at Rville. As far as HS backs it's hard to beat Anderson and Cruz they could carry a team by determination alone. Also Kurt Odom was as fast as Adams and bigger. Not to mention the old school guys that only played 13 games.
If I had to pick out of all these top Rville running backs to come play for Swain?
Give me Anderson.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Swain97
Cuttler will out work any kid in this state. That is a fact. You guys are way too tied up in future College players. Cuttler getting his looks as well. I’ve never seen a kid work harder than what Cuttler works. Colleges that pass on Cuttler, are passing on a kid that will give everything he’s got.
You know good and well that especially me, want every kid to get opportunities and a young man like Mr. Adams especially. You also know my comment was not about Mason or Cutler, it was about grown ups that jump every time someone says anything to show other players or teams than the SMC is crap.

Reactions: buzzcoach
By the way, Lenoir Rhyne was mentioned a few post ago. This past Saturday they went down to play Limestone with its 17 D1 portal transfers. Even though Limestone almost doubled the yardage gained, LR won the game in OT to stay undefeated on the season. Miracles do happen.

I think a lot of fans on here need a little humble pie. It’s great to have team pride but as usual it’s the same ones year after year taking it way to far. To all the fans who doesn’t act like the other goobers, good job !! We need more conducting themselves like the Tarboro faithful. They just go out and win and move on to the next game. Congratulations to these two young men who are two of the best in 1A football and may the best team win the NCHSAA CHAMPIONSHIP

They should be with taking kids in from 13 different countries. That's a no brainier goober!
Yeah I agree they should, but it was one of your own fans who said MA would have the best D Robbinsville faces…..goober 😂. Seeing that word in a post about Mt. Airy made me think of the Andy Griffith show!

Last edited:
I think a lot of fans on here need a little humble pie. It’s great to have team pride but as usual it’s the same ones year after year taking it way to far. To all the fans who doesn’t act like the other goobers, good job !! We need more conducting themselves like the Tarboro faithful. They just go out and win and move on to the next game. Congratulations to these two young men who are two of the best in 1A football and may the best team win the NCHSAA CHAMPIONSHIP
It’s a message board lol. People can say what they want. The big problem is way too many can dish it but can’t take it….. if we can’t ruffle some feathers, then what good is the message board lol

Robbinsville folks, what level will Adams play at in college (D3, D2, FCS) and what position do you expect him to play?
Well FCS is D1 if Adam’s goes there just fewer scholarships right. Awesome Mason is committed to VT. Do you think he will be more than a scout player. Will he get meaningful playing time at VT or garbage time carries. Only time will tell right.

Well FCS is D1 if Adam’s goes there just fewer scholarships right. Awesome Mason is committed to VT. Do you think he will be more than a scout player. Will he get meaningful playing time at VT or garbage time carries. Only time will tell right.
I do not think VT has scholarships to “just” hand out to scout team players and that makes 2 offers to 2 Mt Airy players.

It’s a message board lol. People can say what they want. The big problem is way too many can dish it but can’t take it….. if we can’t ruffle some feathers, then what good is the message board lol
Childish !! Grown men acting like teenagers over who’s the best High School football team or players. You can take anything to far and when it’s the same thing day in day out it’s no longer funny. Childish

I do not think VT has scholarships to “just” hand out to scout team players and that makes 2 offers to 2 Mt Airy players.
Just because you are on scholarship doesn’t mean you want be a practice player. Not all 85 scholarships players travel for away games.

The Gosnel kids are there now from East Surry and play a lot. With his speed he will find the field.

Reactions: Appvol
There is a former Andrews Wildcat/Rabun Gap player on Virginia Tech’s roster right now. Tucker Holloway. I think he’s a WR and a PR.

If I’m not mistaken I saw a WR named Gosnell Saturday in the FSU/VT game that made a spectacular catch. Is that the same Gosnell who played at East Surry?

There is a former Andrews Wildcat/Rabun Gap player on Virginia Tech’s roster right now. Tucker Holloway. I think he’s a WR and a PR.

If I’m not mistaken I saw a WR named Gosnell Saturday in the FSU/VT game that made a spectacular catch. Is that the same Gosnell who played at East Surry?
Thanks buzz lol! Answered my question before I even posted it.

• Haha

Yes Stephen is SR transferred from UNC #12 WR starter and Benji IS #82 TE starter. Holloway kid is #11 sophomore 2nd on depth and plays special teams also WR

Last edited:
Reactions: wncbowhunter
Childish !! Grown men acting like teenagers over who’s the best High School football team or players. You can take anything to far and when it’s the same thing day in day out it’s no longer funny. Childish
It’s debate just like everything else on this site. People debate about all kinds of things on here.

To me it says mason is running against weaker defenses
In playoffs last year and I'm not including the N Stokes 1st rd game Mason had 975 yards and 19 TDs. This was in 5 games. Had 297 vs Draughn, 197 vs N Rowan, 137 vs Hayesville, 195 vs ER, 149 VS Tarb. on 73 carries av of 13.4 yards per carry. That's against playoff opponents so lets squash that weak conf crap. To me SMC not that tough as yall make it out to be this year just a lot of parity.

Look people can make the comparison all they want to. Both are great backs and great kids. Does Mason probably play in a little softer conference than Adam’s does? Yes but that’s not Masons fault he can’t control who they play. He just playing his hand and he is playing it well. Adam’s has a tougher road than most backs does just because the SMC is built to stop the run instead of the pass. But it’s none of their fault who they play or don’t play they are great backs the 2 best backs in the state. And I would put staulcup up there with them he put on a show last week. Congratulations to these 2 hope I can watch them play on Saturday

In playoffs last year and I'm not including the N Stokes 1st rd game Mason had 975 yards and 19 TDs. This was in 5 games. Had 297 vs Draughn, 197 vs N Rowan, 137 vs Hayesville, 195 vs ER, 149 VS Tarb. on 73 carries av of 13.4 yards per carry. That's against playoff opponents so lets squash that weak conf crap. To me SMC not that tough as yall make it out to be this year just a lot of parity.
Prepare yourself Buzz the smc fixing to come at you with comments looking at those stats.

He made BS statement about bc he is in weak conf so had to show him how good he did against quality teams. WTH y'all get soooo butt hurt over stats I mean hell the SMC always giving us stats on all those championships yall won =....
Nothing to me, I like looking at stats. I was figuring they would say something about Hayesville holding him to the least yards.

Mason will hopefully get a chunk of playing time in college. Not sure we'll see him much in year one, but after that I'm eager to see what he does. The college coaches and trainers will bulk him up more which is scary to think about.
Right now he is the only RB in the class so far. One thing he needs to keep in mind is that Pry may not be there as a coach if he doesn’t improve. VT only has 7 RBs on roster all rated 3 star or less. You are correct once he gets in a college weight room and nutrition he might be a really good college RB.

Most of the people spouting off and causing trouble on these boards is a transplant or never have stepped onto a football field in uniform..

He only had 10 carries and game was running clock early 3rd. so he only played 2.5 qrts. But nice try!
I have found over the years a lot of the best running backs, especially in 1A and 2A, are usually on the absolute best teams and are not loading up on carries as much in the second half.

I would expect Mason to be a star at any school, 1A-4A. Over the years seeing the a lot of the top backs in the state I have found the elite players at the higher level seem to not have as many of the longer runs and often have some other talented players or a passing game that takes some potential carries away from them. Same as players on great teams not having as many carries due to blowouts and running clocks.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Yes, FCS is D1 but you and I both know that there is some difference. Is he getting a look from Gardner Webb and Western Carolina, both FCS, or from Wake Forest and Charlotte (FBS).

Personally, I think he can play at a higher level if he grows into a linebacker or is developed at safety. Super nice young man. Very nice to see him succeed. Looking forward to a deep Robbinsville playoff run.

This is what Tyler Mason did in the 2022 playoffs.
Tyler Mason - Mt. Airy High School - Mt. Airy, NC. Junior Running Back in 2022 Playoffs
OpponentRushesYardsYards/CarryTDsCarries/ TD
North Stokes
1​
24​
24.0​
0​
0.00​
North Rowan
9​
197​
21.9​
4​