ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball HS Baseball State Playoff Championship games

Burns 9
East Rutherford 6
Final

An absolutely fantastic ball game in Lawndale tonight. Packed house & great environment. East Rutherford threw their ace tonight, Burns will have their ace going Thursday.

Regional Championship Series

1A East
#4 E Wake Academy 9
#3 Northside-Pinetown 0
1A West
#2 Uwharrie Charter 4
#1 MT Airy 0

2A East
#2 Whiteville 4
#1 Greene Central 3
2A West
#1 Burns 9
#2 E Rutherford 6

3A East
#14 S Central 17
#4 Terry Sanford 1
6 innings
S Central hit 3 grand slams
3A West
#10 Tuscola 7
#1 E Rowan 4

4A East
#1 Ashley 3
#22 Cardinal Gibbons 2
9 innings
4A West
#1 TC Roberson 13
Charlotte Catholic 0
4 innings

Is it still a best of two games out of three in the regional finals? I know it was two years ago.

Good win for Tuscola. I been following East Rowan from the beginning of the season. I wish them the best tomorrow night. If there is a 3rd game I’m planning on going.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Good win for Tuscola. I been following East Rowan from the beginning of the season. I wish them the best tomorrow night. If there is a 3rd game I’m planning on going.
East Rowan pulled their starter for the start of the 7th and Tuscola jumped on the kid that I'd presume has been used a closer. Both teams starters seemed like they had kept each other off balance other than the 4th inning for both. I'm not sure why they yanked the starter when he had 20+ pitches still left on his pitch count, unless there was an undisclosed reason. Barring any issues that required him being pulled, that was, most likely the difference in the game.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
East Rowan pulled their starter for the start of the 7th and Tuscola jumped on the kid that I'd presume has been used a closer. Both teams starters seemed like they had kept each other off balance other than the 4th inning for both. I'm not sure why they yanked the starter when he had 20+ pitches still left on his pitch count, unless there was an undisclosed reason. Barring any issues that required him being pulled, that was, most likely the difference in the game.
Yeah I’m not sure for the seaon. I haven’t seen any info about the game last night

Just a quick recap of the Burns vs East Rutherford game last night.

East Rutherford hit a HR on the first pitch of the game for a quick 1-0 lead. Burns was able to get back-to-back hits (double, single) in the bottom of the 1st to tie it at 1-1.

East Rutherford took a 3-1 lead in the top of the 2nd on a 2 run HR. Burns tied it back up at 3-3 on a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 3rd.

East Rutherford went back up 5-3 with a 2 run HR in the top of the 4th, then made it 6-3 after a throwing error on Burns. Then Colby Putnam hits a Grand Slam in the bottom of the 4th for Burns to make it 7-6 Dawgs.

Burns added on 2 runs in the bottom of the 6th for the 9-6 final score.

The NC Baseball Coaches association paired with the SC Baseball Coaches association and did a NC vs SC All-Star game a few years back. It was Seniors only if I remember correctly.

NC State games are for rising sophomore, juniors and seniors and they compete against the other regions in the state. This year it is in Charlotte, hosted by UNC-Charlotte and Cox Mill HS

The biggest problem I can see with something like this is that, if you're a star player, you either have a travel ball or legion team you need to be with or you're off to a minor league team-if that option is available to you. I can't blame a young man for choosing that over an all-star appearance. it more or less works with other sports because stars are expected to go to college first, but now they will often opt out due to injury concerns.

The best player from last year's team was Reno Jeter. He's a senior now and they don't have any stats for him on MaxPreps except for pitching. But he can absolutely murder a baseball. I saw two of their games last year and he homered in both, just crushed balls out of the park. I should think he has a scholarship somewhere or is being looked at by the pros.
Edit-I found some video of him hitting on Twitter. Just one at bat, but he homered there as well.

Last edited:
TC only has 4 seniors I believe so they are still relatively "young". Micah Simpson is a committed guy (Western Carolina) and he will go tonight vs Catholic. He's a LHP and very crafty, he also hit a HR in game 1. I believe TC's catcher, JT Smith, is committed to Wofford. He's a junior.

TC only has 4 seniors I believe so they are still relatively "young". Micah Simpson is a committed guy (Western Carolina) and he will go tonight vs Catholic. He's a LHP and very crafty, he also hit a HR in game 1. I believe TC's catcher, JT Smith, is committed to Wofford. He's a junior.
wow that is surprising...

My understanding that the players are getting back on the field at Tuscola. If anyone can update the game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT