ADVERTISEMENT

Hillside. @. Scotland County

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
The Hillside Hornets will swarm into Laurinburg Friday night to play the Scots . Hillside coming off an impressive win over the hapless New Bern Bears while the Scots lost by 4 tds to the top 3 Bulldogs of Butler. Hillside may feel good about their chances as Scotland will be playing with their next in line qb. Hillside usually very athletic
will sling it deep quite often . Thoughts, predictions on this titanic matchup at Pate Friday night. Scots will find a way to get it done as they begin this looooong 5 game 6 week home stand .

The Hillside Hornets will swarm into Laurinburg Friday night to play the Scots . Hillside coming off an impressive win over the hapless New Bern Bears while the Scots lost by 4 tds to the top 3 Bulldogs of Butler. Hillside may feel good about their chances as Scotland will be playing with their next in line qb. Hillside usually very athletic
will sling it deep quite often . Thoughts, predictions on this titanic matchup at Pate Friday night. Scots will find a way to get it done as they begin this looooong 5 game 6 week home stand .

I’ll take the hapless Scots in this one. I always take the Scots, in the regular season.

We's were going back 2's Charlotte But's We's change ours Minds causes HSFB man don't want 2' lose another Gate Admission . We 's going 2's New Bern 2's Fish and looks 4's a book on how's 2's get a Win N's football

. I always take the Scots, .
Good Pick

th

https://giphy.com/gifs/lady-gaga-national-anthem-super-bowl-2016-3o6gaX7SZDmrNGAl2g

https://giphy.com/gifs/lady-gaga-national-anthem-super-bowl-2016-3o6gaX7SZDmrNGAl2g

Reactions: portcity FB
Hate to say it but don't get your hopes up. Good chance Scots will go 0 and 4. The only good thing is they are at home. Smiley won't be able to keep up the pace playing both side of the ball. For all the hype on mccoy and dockery they were not used. If they loose friday bailey will start cracking up and giving excuses. He's already hinting at going to SC..south carolina. I just hope the fans don't abandon the team like they did Saturday by leaving early. GOOD luck

Reactions: tigertown21
I didn't notice many leaving early, many were slow getting back in after the delay I assume
because of readmission and such. The support seemed pretty good with just the few hundred
that showed up in Charlotte. I stayed in and avoided readmission going to the other side
underneath, there was plenty to do as the word
on Zamir was flowing about then.
Back to these Hornets, hopefully McCoy and Dockery get used much more this week. We need #5 on defense real bad. No doubt
the Scots need to to put the ball in the air much more, faster stuff, get it out of the qb's hands. The time isn't there much to take that deep shot. Butler was all over that same 1st and 10 play every time, gotta chance up a little.

Scots 35-28. Think after our first game we can adjust. Barfield doesn't look too bad for a sophomore qb, no size but can sling that ball. Hopefully make some changes on defense and find something that works. Agree with scotswin, use Dockery and Mckoy more at rb and Smiley at LB. Create a better flow in my opinion. #GOSCOTS

2 players for SC, Mcqueen and the QB. From what i saw against Butler. Scotland had no passing games, and no outside run. Butler knew they could just load the box and play ball. Two kids on the OL look like they should be playing middle school ball. Butler kids just blew them off the ball every play. Kids on the DL were so slow, when they got off blocks, they couldn't catch the QB unless he accidentally ran into them. Take Mcqueen out and they're a below 500 program. I don't know who McCoy and Dockery are, but they evidently did not play against Butler? I was also shocked with SC numbers. very low. Hillside would need to have some serious challenges not to beat SC.

2 players for SC, Mcqueen and the QB. From what i saw against Butler. Scotland had no passing games, and no outside run. Butler knew they could just load the box and play ball. Two kids on the OL look like they should be playing middle school ball. Butler kids just blew them off the ball every play. Kids on the DL were so slow, when they got off blocks, they couldn't catch the QB unless he accidentally ran into them. Take Mcqueen out and they're a below 500 program. I don't know who McCoy and Dockery are, but they evidently did not play against Butler? I was also shocked with SC numbers. very low. Hillside would need to have some serious challenges not to beat SC.
Nepsy....that's a dose of reality they don't want to accept. Even the sun doesn't shine forever.

I'm pick in Hillside also....They played em hard last year. A much better Scotland team.I wouldn't be surprised if Champs score is close.

Tough news out of SC....Wall out for the season. Prayers for a full recovery. Glad he has another year.

I didn't notice many leaving early, many were slow getting back in after the delay I assume
because of readmission and such. The support seemed pretty good with just the few hundred
that showed up in Charlotte. I stayed in and avoided readmission going to the other side
underneath, there was plenty to do as the word
on Zamir was flowing about then.
Back to these Hornets, hopefully McCoy and Dockery get used much more this week. We need #5 on defense real bad. No doubt
the Scots need to to put the ball in the air much more, faster stuff, get it out of the qb's hands. The time isn't there much to take that deep shot. Butler was all over that same 1st and 10 play every time, gotta chance up a little.

Been saying this since the off season... "Run it again Bailey" gotta put it int the air...think Wall would have been more help as a receiver, with the help of Chavis we may have been able to keep the defense guessing... hope for the best this Friday.

Been saying this since the off season... "Run it again Bailey" gotta put it int the air...think Wall would have been more help as a receiver, with the help of Chavis we may have been able to keep the defense guessing... hope for the best this Friday.
Scotland in a blowout!

SC better learn how to play more aggressive on both sides - #34 ain't coming back through the door so lets go fellows and get after that aztec. The score will take care of itself.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
OK, Hillside is not coming to L'Burg, for a weekend trip. Scots size on both lines are small over all and they just lost their starting QB and their best player is trying to make plays on both sides of the ball, let's hope some the other players step up....quick!

Someone on that Scotland line up needs to grow up, stand up, and step up if they want to move up

15-10 Scots. Bailey changed qbs on one drive practically gave them a td after being stuck on own goal line

Hillside was stopped 7 times inside the Scotland 20 yard line either on downs or by interception. The 1 td the hornets got was aided
by 2 defensive holding penalties in Scotland territory. I believe it was 5 int's total Hodge.

Last edited:
Good job by Scotland to pull this out. Despite injuries, sounds like the Scots fought hard and found a way to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT