ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten vs West Caldwell

beamer24

Jul 16, 2009
Lenior
Does Hibriten make it 15 in a row or does icardcav get a years worth of posting material?
Hibriten 28 West 14

Should be a good game West defense seems to be better this year then last year's. Offense not quite as explosive with the loss of Tucker of have 4 or 5 backs that can run the ball well, QB Kaleb Dula really seems comfortable out their he done a fine job last week. I seen HHS scrimmage crest they fly around on defense but that's a just a traditional Macky defense. MR. Witherspoon is just a beast he has so much speed so that could cause the warriors some trouble, just hope for both teams to come out of this game healthy.

Like both teams, but give Hibriten a 3 touchdown advantage. West will have trouble stopping Witherspoon and company and tough Hibriten D will stifle West offense.

Looks like a clean sweep til South Point :) I hope this is the year. Shelby is alittle down so let's take advantage. I remember a few years ago the Patton upset. I'd imagine Robinson was better than what Patton is gonna be so prob no upset hopes this year.

Anyway to keep to the topic, if the West RBs show out it maybe a lot closer than people think.

Can't believe folks think this will be close. Hibriten beat them convincingly last year with Titus Tucker.

Well I know West will lose but I'd like to think they'll keep it closer and play harder. If Hibriten wins by 4TDs or more then it looks like they'll burn N-C and sweep rest of season with a low gate sale. I know I keep saying that lol but you know what I'm talking bout. Just like Crest when they sit in the NW4a, same situation.

Everyone wants to say WC was all Tucker. This WC team is better than Tucker's WC team and I think people will see that Friday night. Last week's game against E. Burke was not as close as the 35-0 score as West made numerous mistakes and heavily penalized or the final would have been much worse. Jeremy Boyce is a workhorse and Elijah Brooks can take it to the house on any given play. The defense is much improved with Coach Holman and this team has something coach English teams didn't have, they are disciplined! They scrimmaged 5th ranked N. Rowan in the Carolina preps jamboree and won 14-13 And their first team defense pitched a shutout. I'm not saying they beat Hibriten but don't be surprised that it may be a very entertaining contest. This WC team is huge up front and very physical and they will lay some wood Friday night.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Can't believe folks think this will be close. Hibriten beat them convincingly last year with Titus Tucker.
Hibriten also had a lot more experienced weapons last year then they do this year... I believe if WC can contain Witherspoon from running wild then Warriors have a chance to make it interesting

Reactions: Burkeforreal
I've got no problems saying that this Hibriten team is pretty dang tough. They will be a handful in the Big 2A division and make a deep run.

15 straight years of beating up in the Warturds.......it's like knowing the sun will rise in the east it's just gonna happen.

Where's IturdCav? Sure wanna hear his take on this one......

Take on this one is west had a senior not wanting to play against better competition, west got out coached and HHS is just better program period. They have the same coaches every year run the same system and the players know what the coaches expect,at West they change coaches every other year and the kids at HHS just want it more. But anyway west will win 7 or 8 games and HHS will be 11-0 entering the playoffs and they will go until they see Shelby or south point

Not talking trash just proven fact HHS can't win the big games in the playoffs. They couldn't beat south point last year what makes you think they can this year.

Not talking trash just proven fact HHS can't win the big games in the playoffs. They couldn't beat south point last year what makes you think they can this year.

Never actually thought they could, that's why I said "fighting chance". This matchup looks to be an any given Friday kinda game should they both meet again. With the cupcake conference schedule they have they had better take advantage, practice new plays, keep starters out once up by 21 which will be every game and make sure the wideouts are in tune. Once they line up with South Point or Shelby, the air attack will be a must. SP and Shelby stuff some of the best rushing attacks

If Hibriten had a balanced offense(even 70-30) I think they could make some noise in the playoffs but u can't beat the Shelby's, SP's and even North Davidson(maybe) by being one-dimensional

I think they can. West Rowan game 7 years ago went down to the last play. Bandys game in 2003 went down to the end.
South Point was just the better team last year and made plays on third down to win the game. Can't take credit from them. Shelby will end up being in the small 2A i believe.

Reactions: beamer24

yes you are, you can't just admit that your Warturds got their asses handed to them without also saying how HHS won't make it to the state championship.......bottom line is, HHS is the standard in 4 county area and has been for the past few years and the Warturds are just a half a step better than Bunker Hill.

WC football should never ever be mentioned with Hibriten football. Its irrelevant period! Thanks to the folks at Chick Fila you WC folks didnt leave the game empty handed for the first time in 15 years. Sit back and relax. Stay at home save your money. Its not gonna get better. Streak will be well over 20 then some more than likely. With all that money Chick Fila donated, take it back to them and buy up buncha those good ole chicken biscuits! Im sure they go really well with eggs!

Hibriten97 does not represent the thoughts or feelings of Hibriten High School in any way shape or form. We wish West the best in every game except 1 each year. We wish Coach Holman, Coach Ramsey and everyone else good luck the rest of the way!

Reactions: icardcav3
yes you are, you can't just admit that your Warturds got their asses handed to them without also saying how HHS won't make it to the state championship.......bottom line is, HHS is the standard in 4 county area and has been for the past few years and the Warturds are just a half a step better than Bunker Hill.
Hats off to Hibriten, much respect for them but not sure about the 4 county standard. Up until last year Freedom had Hibritens number, period.

Depends on which 4 counties your talking about. We are surrounded by Wilkes, Watauga, Burke, Catawba, Alexander, and I think Avery.:D

Beamer, all joking aside I believe a Freedom/HIbriten game would be great this year. Worth the ticket cost for sure.

Maybe the ADs will line this game up for non conference fury lol. Hey it's economical and would sell like u guys say.

While their at it, if Hibriten is reloaded next year, wouldn't hurt to do what took place in 2010. Invite a powerhouse Charlotte school up...ummmm Mallard Creek, Vance, Catholic perhaps.

If coach Bryant can get out of having to play the other 3 county schools. Maybe he can get out of playing 1 or 2. Still don't see it happening.

From what I have heard Hibriten only has 6 or 7 seniors on this years team. Would be nice if the schools could work something out.

Reactions: beamer24
Be breaking a 40+ year tradition to do that with East Burke. Patton is a rival, yeah I'd just break away from Draughn ha ha

What's the 4 County area? I'm only aware of the trib county designation regarding to Caldwell/Burke/Catawba. But you're right, Hibriten has had the most success although Newton did win a state championship. Good luck to the Panthers the rest of the way. Solid program and very respectable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT