ADVERTISEMENT

Haywood County 8-0

I didn't realize we had Fireman Fred on the board... If they had a maximum capacity they would have had to turn away people at games in the past. I've never heard of that happening in WNC, and certainly not at Pisgah. Your running game is better than what? Enka's?

Why in the world would we ever want to move the game to Asheville? For all the interest outside and all, its cute and fun and all that but at the end of the day, its our game and this one seems to be a bit more important than just the usual bragging rights.

Why don't we move Alabama-Auburn or South Carolina-Clemson to Atlanta?

I didn't realize we had Fireman Fred on the board... If they had a maximum capacity they would have had to turn away people at games in the past. I've never heard of that happening in WNC, and certainly not at Pisgah. Your running game is better than what? Enka's?

Ask Reynolds how good it is my hillbilly friend...;)

They should play the Haywood county championship game at Asheville high. That'd be pretty cool, obviously the home team would be pissed but it'd still be cool to see. The only times I've seen AHS full was against 2003 against tuscola, 2003 against south point and those crowds were 8,000 9,000 so there is certainly room for a 10,000+ person crowd.
The Haywood County rival game at a Buncombe County school?? Nobody would ever want that

that running back for erwin is as good as anyone in the mountains in my opinion. he tore us up no doubt.

Whats all this Cleveland county football talk in a Haywood County football thread? It is widely known that the teams in that area often are who teams have to go through to win state or even regional championships. Shelby in 2A is automatic state qualifier most years, The best team at the high school level I ever saw was the one from South Point a few years back that beat Asheville so badly in the snow. Crest wins titles at the 4a 3a and whatever level. It is also true that mountain teams do not often compete well with these teams. Having said all of this, would I trade locations to have better football teams? No offense, but NO WAY! This Pisgah Tuscola game will very likely outdraw the Crest Shelby, Crest Burns, or Crest whoever else games. Not just this year, but ANY year, whatever their record(s) going into the game.

Reactions: brevard'04grad
The same Erwin team that is the little brother to Reynolds and Asheville

You obviously have a issue with Erwin. I can promise you that you would want no part of them right now. You barley beat Franklin at home and Erwin had them down at the pit 42-14 before letting up. I apologize to the Bear fans though. I like most of you for the most part but this Polar bear kid is just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people. I have seen your type on here so many times over the years.

You obviously have a issue with Erwin. I can promise you that you would want no part of them right now. You barley beat Franklin at home and Erwin had them down at the pit 42-14 before letting up. I apologize to the Bear fans though. I like most of you for the most part but this Polar bear kid is just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people. I have seen your type on here so many times over the years.
I see no conflict with Erwin's success and our own. THS did scrimmage Erwin this year, and I look forward to playing Erwin when Tuscola is forced into the MAC next year. At least they draw a little better than the Ashevilles and Reynolds, which is never a bad thing.

Whats all this Cleveland county football talk in a Haywood County football thread? It is widely known that the teams in that area often are who teams have to go through to win state or even regional championships. Shelby in 2A is automatic state qualifier most years, The best team at the high school level I ever saw was the one from South Point a few years back that beat Asheville so badly in the snow. Crest wins titles at the 4a 3a and whatever level. It is also true that mountain teams do not often compete well with these teams. Having said all of this, would I trade locations to have better football teams? No offense, but NO WAY! This Pisgah Tuscola game will very likely outdraw the Crest Shelby, Crest Burns, or Crest whoever else games. Not just this year, but ANY year, whatever their record(s) going into the game.
just having a little fun with you guys man...much respect for both of your football programs and i'm sure this game could outdraw most rivalries in the state....best of luck.

I see no conflict with Erwin's success and our own. THS did scrimmage Erwin this year, and I look forward to playing Erwin when Tuscola is forced into the MAC next year. At least they draw a little better than the Ashevilles and Reynolds, which is never a bad thing.

I was really just talking about this polar bear character. Most of the rest of the people from Haywood county are alright in my book. I was really hoping Tuscola or Pisgah would go 3AA so we could play them in the playoffs, but it is not looking like that will happen.

I was really just talking about this polar bear character. Most of the rest of the people from Haywood county are alright in my book. I was really hoping Tuscola or Pisgah would go 3AA so we could play them in the playoffs, but it is not looking like that will happen.
I dont know most of these characters in here BD, (how lucky for me) some on both ends of the county are so blinded by misplaced loyalties they are not worthy of engaging in rational discussion, so I dont bother.

Reactions: BD Warrior
Saw Erwin play Science Hill a team that dressed out 97 players.Erwin would give either Haywood team a close game .Don't know if we could beat them but would be a good game.
Hope Erwin does good in the playoffs.

Reactions: BD Warrior
Saw Erwin play Science Hill a team that dressed out 97 players.Erwin would give either Haywood team a close game .Don't know if we could beat them but would be a good game.
Hope Erwin does good in the playoffs.

That was the worst Erwin played this year besides the Heritage game. I think it would be a great game if the two schools played. I miss playing Tuscola and Pisgah. There is just nothing good about playing these 6A teams from Tennessee for Erwin. There is no local history or bragging rights on the line. I went to Erwin vs Bethel youth games this past weekend and even at that age there was great passion amongst the fans. I am on this thread because the MAC threads are dead and this is huge game for you guys in Haywood County so I think it is interesting.

I think my biggest problem with Erwin football is their style. They will win a lot of games this year and maybe even some playoff games but it's hard for me to respect their team due to a lack of physicality. I watched them in the Tuscola scrimmage and Reynolds game. (and yes I understand they ran the ball against Reynolds) They have an awesome passing game but typically very little running and one of the softest defenses I've ever seen. I guess to each their own, but I just hate watching teams with such little physicality.

Not everyone had to beat and bang to be successful. I respect the job Mike has done at Erwin. He just got caught up in some bad politics and down talent when he was here and TPTB wouldn't give him time to right the ship. It wound up well for him, he's been successful and now the A.D. The last Shrine Bowl player we've had came under his watch.

Poore is an excellent runner from what I've seen, if not under-utilized. Do they cater to their QB too much, maybe. Defensively, they could improve. Some nights you just aren't going to hang half a hundy on your opponent.

I believe tuscola and Pisgah fans can agree on this...I would not want to referee this game.

I think my biggest problem with Erwin football is their style. They will win a lot of games this year and maybe even some playoff games but it's hard for me to respect their team due to a lack of physicality. I watched them in the Tuscola scrimmage and Reynolds game. (and yes I understand they ran the ball against Reynolds) They have an awesome passing game but typically very little running and one of the softest defenses I've ever seen. I guess to each their own, but I just hate watching teams with such little physicality.

Their defense is pretty weak this year. I have said that many times on here. Their getting better but they will not be dominant by any means. That being said, in my opinion this is the best Erwin offense I have ever seen and one of the best I have ever seen in WNC. They have a great qb, 4-5 very good receivers, and 2 rb's that would star on any team. Just because they don't play that slow down typical mtn football doesn't make them wrong. Franklin is as physical as most mountain teams and you see what happened to them when they played Erwin. It was 42-14 before you could blink. I like watching teams like Erwin and Reynolds that are explosive but I don't get on here and bash teams like Pisgah because they play a different style game Polar bear..

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Pisgah JV won tonight over West-28-6.Setting up a big game in Waynesville Thursday.Bears are unbeaten if Tuscola won tonight so are they.

Been awfully quite on here that last couple days. I guess we're all holding our collective breathes. Tick tick tick....

So far Jub's. The JV game will be awesome to watch next week.
PisgahBears, I hope it's that lopsided. This rain will make it interesting. Seems like Pisgah always plays West in monsoons.

So far Jub's. The JV game will be awesome to watch next week.
PisgahBears, I hope it's that lopsided. This rain will make it interesting. Seems like Pisgah always plays West in monsoons.
Yeah I may have the numbers a little to high if it keeps raining.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT