ADVERTISEMENT

Haywood County 8-0

Erwin plays TCR that night but I am seriously thinking about checking this game out. I have never been to a Tuscola/Pisgah game but I here that it is fun. You just don't get those type games in Buncombe County because there are so many people and schools. Do you think they will stop letting people in at a certain point?
I am usually there at 5 with my Pizza..........In my seat.........I think the gates open at 5pm. I have reserved seats and parking but why miss the fun of getting there early!!

I'm sure there is a limit with fire code. You could rob Haywood County blind that night! lol

Anyone coming to this game needs to get there as soon as you can. If you have never been it is worth attending. It doesn't matter if one team is undefeated and the other winless it is a great game. If both are undefeated it could be epic!

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I'm sure there is a limit with fire code. You could rob Haywood County blind that night! lol
No fire code enforced on this game haha too much $$$ to be made. If both teams stay focused through this week and are undefeated. It'll be 13k plus nxt Friday

Reactions: SRT52
DP could be nice and bring in some portable bleachers for the old baseball field end but...........I doubt it. App State puts up golf bleachers on the track on the fieldhouse end of the stadium. Has been a nice addition.
Just glad we're not playing in that sorry stadium in Waynesville.

Reactions: pisgah101
Hmm, the home stands are identical. The visitor's sides are both old concrete of similar vintage, save for the Hazelwood end that got torn down and replaced with modern aluminum bleachers. Granted the Pisgah visiting side is several rows higher. Both have $#1tholes for visiting locker rooms. Ours doesn't flood when it rains- +1 for the good guys. Canton has an additional concession stand. Waynesville does bring in a concession trailer or two for the big game

Other than just trying to be an average jerk from Canton, what makes ours any sorrier than yours?

The robbers are at the game too. Only people at home are families with small children and old, retired folks who haven't gone back to Fla yet.

To be honest Pisgah's home side locker room ain't much better than the away side. But the stadium it's self is a lot more visitor friendly than Waynesville for sure.

As an unbiased observer that has been to numerous games at both I think they are about identical stadiums. I think Tuscola has a little better parking though and no smell;). Seriously though, it should be a fun one and I know it means a lot to the people in Haywood county.

To be honest Pisgah's home side locker room ain't much better than the away side. But the stadium it's self is a lot more visitor friendly than Waynesville for sure.
What is visitor friendly about breathing feces smelling air?

As an unbiased observer that has been to numerous games at both I think they are about identical stadiums. I think Tuscola has a little better parking though and no smell;). Seriously though, it should be a fun one and I know it means a lot to the people in Haywood county.
If you're talking about parking at Frog level .Pisgah certainly has better and more parking places closer to the stadium than Tuscola,That being said I have no doubt that if your late some will be parking in town and radio hill.That's happened before.

What is visitor friendly about breathing feces smelling air?
Why don't you ask those Waynesville people that work at little Champion and the Canton mill what it smells like?
You will hear the mill whistle blow on the kick -off.Something you want hear at Waynesville.

Last edited:
If you're talking about parking at Frog level .Pisgah certainly has better and more parking places closer to the stadium than Tuscola,That being said I have no doubt that if your late some will be parking in town and radio hill.That's happened before.

You could stop by Frog Level Brewing Co. for a frosty craft brew or be accosted by one of our friendly community bridge trolls seeking some coin for their travels through life's way. You got to live a little, man! Much better than that smelly old mill or polluted river.

If you're really nice and make friends, one of the denizens of Hazelwood will let you park in their driveway.

Truly, Haywood Transit could make a nice sum running shuttles from Clyde that night but our county government is never that forward thinking.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
You could stop by Frog Level Brewing Co. for a frosty craft brew or be accosted by one of our friendly community bridge trolls seeking some coin for their travels through life's way. You got to live a little, man! Much better than that smelly old mill or polluted river.

If you're really nice and make friends, one of the denizens of Hazelwood will let you park in their driveway.

Truly, Haywood Transit could make a nice sum running shuttles from Clyde that night but our county government is never that forward thinking.
Understand Canton is finally getting a brewery,about time.

Heard the brewery is going to make a special ale just for tuscola folks,using the water from below the mill.
Love how y'all love to hate on that old Mill even tho probably 50% of the employees there are from that end of the county.

Cleveland Counties 4 school have only lost one game combined to an opponent outside of CC.

Understand Canton is finally getting a brewery,about time.
Yeah it was my fave. Good people, you'll like them. I did try to talk them out of the whole "Bear" theme when they had to change names. Try the Sliding Rock ale, simple but under appreciated. They were shocked when it brought home the silver medal.

Heard the brewery is going to make a special ale just for tuscola folks,using the water from below the mill.
Love how y'all love to hate on that old Mill even tho probably 50% of the employees there are from that end of the county.
Oh, we understand the economics of it alright. And you can spend it at our Wal-Mart and our BI-LO and soon to be Chick-fil-a! No more imported sandwiches for us.

dmie 1 thanks for that info. i knew it was big but didnt know it was that big. its a really special thing in sports to have that kind of rivalry every year no matter what their records are. but if they both go in undefeated . whew lord knows how many people will show up .good luck to both teams. will either one of them be in the big 3a in the playoffs? or will they both be small 3a

PHS stadium seats 6600 souls. It can hold far more than that around the fences in the former baseball infield and other nooks and crannies.
IT is outside no real danger of fire. And if they could shoehorn an estimated 14K people in like they did with the Shelby Pisgah 4th round playoff game in 2006 they will do the same in this game. But I guess I might be accused of saying the wrong thing if I suggested both teams might better focus on their game THIS week. Tuscola lost to North last year. I dont remember if Pisgah lost that weekend or the one AFTER the Tuscola game last year.

Trust me, they ignore it, I have ( literally ) seen games where the stands were packed like sardines and they were 5-6 deep all the way around the fence.

The 2006 Shelby/Pisgah game did have a lot of people but i have routinely seen more at the county game....maybe not as much in recent years...but the 90's and early 00's you literally couldn't breathe in the stadiums lol.

Laughing my britches off at the thought of them turning people away over some fire code. BD Warrior you know that the game is outside and in Haywood County... Them turning away people for fire code would be like Erwin running the ball 40 times in a game. Ain't gonna happen

PHS stadium seats 6600 souls. It can hold far more than that around the fences in the former baseball infield and other nooks and crannies.
IT is outside no real danger of fire. And if they could shoehorn an estimated 14K people in like they did with the Shelby Pisgah 4th round playoff game in 2006 they will do the same in this game. But I guess I might be accused of saying the wrong thing if I suggested both teams might better focus on their game THIS week. Tuscola lost to North last year. I dont remember if Pisgah lost that weekend or the one AFTER the Tuscola game last year.
Last year Pisgah lost to Franklin and West before the Tuscola game.Two years ago we beat West 3-0 .For some reason they always give us a fight.

I may skip the Cougars game for this. What would be the time to arrive for a seat?

4 PM or you will be standing.

Also, you will walk a mile from your parking spot if you come after 4 PM.

It is nice that Haywood County has at least one big attraction that is for us and not really tailor made for the tourists.

Last edited:
Reactions: sting splash
Laughing my britches off at the thought of them turning people away over some fire code. BD Warrior you know that the game is outside and in Haywood County... Them turning away people for fire code would be like Erwin running the ball 40 times in a game. Ain't gonna happen

There is a maximum capacity that a stadium will hold before it becomes very dangerous if there was an emergency and people needed to exit quickly. That is part of the fire/safety code! Places like college and NFL stadiums are outside. Do you think they just let people keep coming in after the stadium is beyond capacity? Before laughing use your head jr;).

By they way, our running game is better too...Lol

There is a maximum capacity that a stadium will hold before it becomes very dangerous if there was an emergency and people needed to exit quickly. That is part of the fire/safety code! Places like college and NFL stadiums are outside. Do you think they just let people keep coming in after the stadium is beyond capacity? Before laughing use your head jr;).

By they way, our running game is better too...Lol
If there is a "maximum capacity" at Pisgah Memorial Stadium, it has never been reached to my knowledge, not in 50+ years. And I would also add there isnt a stadium in WNC that has been as well attended as that one has. There are MANY exits in this stadium. Both ends, three exits on the visitors side, at least three on the home side. plus a wide open former baseball/softball infield to more or less dilute the crowd.

If there is a "maximum capacity" at Pisgah Memorial Stadium, it has never been reached to my knowledge, not in 50+ years. And I would also add there isnt a stadium in WNC that has been as well attended as that one has. There are MANY exits in this stadium. Both ends, three exits on the visitors side, at least three on the home side. plus a wide open former baseball/softball infield to more or less dilute the crowd.

I have been there many times. I was at the Shelby game a few years ago that was so packed. I don't really know what the capacity of any given stadium is. I was just curious. There are some weird rules when it comes to the fire codes. For example, you are not allowed to use those canopy tents at youth league games in Buncombe County anymore because it is somehow a hazard per the Buncombe County fire Marshall.

I have been there many times. I was at the Shelby game a few years ago that was so packed. I don't really know what the capacity of any given stadium is. I was just curious. There are some weird rules when it comes to the fire codes. For example, you are not allowed to use those canopy tents at youth league games in Buncombe County anymore because it is somehow a hazard per the Buncombe County fire Marshall.
WIND HAZARD

They should play the Haywood county championship game at Asheville high. That'd be pretty cool, obviously the home team would be pissed but it'd still be cool to see. The only times I've seen AHS full was against 2003 against tuscola, 2003 against south point and those crowds were 8,000 9,000 so there is certainly room for a 10,000+ person crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT