ADVERTISEMENT

Haywood County 8-0

Things are starting to make sense now. I was a little surprised at the begging of the year when Tuscola came to Erwin and played us so tough. They might just be legit. I could see them making a good run in the playoffs but unfortunately I don't see anyone in the state winning 3A but Havelock.

Things are starting to make sense now. I was a little surprised at the begging of the year when Tuscola came to Erwin and played us so tough. They might just be legit. I could see them making a good run in the playoffs but unfortunately I don't see anyone in the state winning 3A but Havelock.
Tuscola will find out how good they are in two weeks.

Now you go after high school kids that's probably a lie.Then use the word classy.Which you evidently have no idea what that word means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worry about your own!! Did you sit with our team? You are as big an Idiot trouble marker as Mule!! BETTER TO BE THOUGHT AN IDIOT THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT!!!!!!!! seems like you are best at removing all doubt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pisgah Bears
no dog in this argument. but is it really that big of an advantage to get on top of the press box? from the way it sounds im thinking they should be kept seperated and in different pressboxes. just my opinion. and this game is a great rivalry. one of the best in the state no doubt.

Rocketfan73, I just wanted to point out that the Tuscola–Pisgah rivalry, Pisgah–Tuscola rivalry, the Haywood County Championship Game, the Iron Bowl, the Battle for Haywood, the Paper Bowl, and the County Clash has been nationally recognized as one of the best. USA Today ranked it as the #1 rivalry in NC. (first link)

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...alry-moves-into-regional-round-182195701.html

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/rivalry-series-returns-for-pisgahtuscola

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/pisgahtuscola-wins-rivalry-vote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuscola–Pisgah_rivalry

Bears improve to 6-0!!! Was not the game I was expecting with both teams relying on the pass to move the ball. Our secondary struggled having Rogers hurt early and having to play some young uns at his spot. Franklins QB impressed me, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of him before this game. Big kid with strong arm who can run! What year is he? Franklin wasn't bad but definitely a drop off from past years. Either way can't wait for the Bears to lay it to the Mounties in a few weeks.

Last edited:
THS did play Erwin well between lightning scares that night but I still say I saw the quickest player in WNC in that little receiver Erwin has. Cant remember seeing anyone any quicker.

There was some serious hitting tonight on the field. Franklin's QB is a giant and moves good to be that tall. Franklin's #45 is a work horse carries that team. Glad this one is over and got the W. Next up West Henderson.
Seen a lot of yellow sitting on the other side tonight. Looked like the whole varsity team with coaches. What's wrong fellas nervous?

Seen a lot of yellow sitting on the other side tonight. Looked like the whole varsity team with coaches. What's wrong fellas nervous?

Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just stepped over your grave.

Reactions: sting splash
There was some serious hitting tonight on the field. Franklin's QB is a giant and moves good to be that tall. Franklin's #45 is a work horse carries that team. Glad this one is over and got the W. Next up West Henderson.
Probably the same reason your whole team was at our place last night. Of course our best player didn't come sit in your student section for the whole first Q. But that's another story.

I love it...Two more weeks of this back and forth. Have these two teams ever met late in the season undefeated? You have talked about who sits in the press box and who's players sat on the wrong side. I can only imagine what will come next. I may skip Erwin's game and check this one out...

BDW, I believe they have met before undefeated. Ain't sure the year though. I'll have to look it up.

If they both go undefeated it will make this the most epic County Clash since I have been alive. I wonder if it will make it the highest attended game. The half and half could equal a years salary for some people.

At Pisgah. Who knows what it holds. They will be 3 and 4 deep on the fences. I'm sure it'll look a lot like the 4th round game in 06, if not worse.

On Halloween Night 1980, Pisgah had one conference loss while Tuscola was undefeated in the MAC. They had lost a non-conference game to Asheville in week 2.

Pisgah had lost their opener to West Caldwell plus Asheville and Brevard but a Pisgah win would create a tie with Pisgah winning the title based on head to head. Tuscola won in Canton 14-0.

In 1972 both were 4-0 going into the game with Pisgah winning 17-0. Tuscola got their revenge in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Erwin plays TCR that night but I am seriously thinking about checking this game out. I have never been to a Tuscola/Pisgah game but I here that it is fun. You just don't get those type games in Buncombe County because there are so many people and schools. Do you think they will stop letting people in at a certain point?

If your not at the stadium by 6 you'll be standing most likely. I've never seen them limit the crowd before.

DP could be nice and bring in some portable bleachers for the old baseball field end but...........I doubt it. App State puts up golf bleachers on the track on the fieldhouse end of the stadium. Has been a nice addition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT