ADVERTISEMENT

Haywood County 8-0

sting splash

May 27, 2016
Tuscola 49-6 over Swain
Pisgah 28-0 over Madison.
8-0 both schools combined.
Getting interesting in the Wood

Tuscola is about like my underwear after enjoying an enchilada suprema from my friends down at El Chapala..... Crappy

Good start by both teams but let's hold our horses before we make it an all Haywood county western regional final. Neither team has what exactly you'd call a quality win.

Reactions: BlueVols
Good start by both teams but let's hold our horses before we make it an all Haywood county western regional final. Neither team has what exactly you'd call a quality win.
Don't disagree with you.Bears did not look good last night if Madison had not had all those turnovers it would have been a lot closer game.Not taking anything away from Madison they will do O.K in their conference.Bears will have to play a lot better with what's left on schedule.Have not saw Tuscola play but like us they have not beat a good team.

So the team is crappy Albino or just your general dislike for all things Big T?

Things will become clearer now that conference play begins. Tuscola looked a little rusty in some aspects to begin the game after a two week layoff. When Ferg scored just before the half, Swain's collapse began.
The defense crushed Swain in the 3rd quarter. Two straight sacks and the Maroon Devils were done.

Reactions: sting splash
Not saying your wrong but just curious who in WNC does? Are we going to say MH win over Erwin is the most impressive so far? No doubt Erwin is a juggernaut on O but they are giving up probably 40 a game to? I mean the most impressive thing could really be TCR keeping Crest within striking distance. I'm not saying your wrong I'm just saying I don't know who has a big win in our area

Mountain heritage is the only team with a quality win only because of how dominate they were in that game.

I can't believe I'm saying this but you better look out for Roberson

Mountain heritage is the only team with a quality win only because of how dominate they were in that game.

I can't believe I'm saying this but you better look out for Roberson
Think Erwin wins your conference and unlike you believe Asheville will do O.K in conference.

Think Erwin wins your conference and unlike you believe Asheville will do O.K in conference.
Will do ok how? If you like 3rd or 4th place in the conference then yea we will do ok. Keep in mind, Nobody finished above Asheville in the MAC in 2002,2003,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011, 2012,2013 and 2014. Last year we came in 3rd and this year may be worse, so no we won't be "ok".

I can respect a program who has high expectations. Which with the athletes you guys have year in and out who could blame you?

Tuscola is about like my underwear after enjoying an enchilada suprema from my friends down at El Chapala..... Crappy
Its more than possible Tuscola may give you a dose of scours down in Canton next month. Seen both teams. Tuscola has more of everything. Speed, numbers that can play, and an added incentive of being the better team LAST year and still not winning. The half and half in that game may be like winning the lottery. JVS both teams are very good as well.

This is true, but both teams have beaten those who are on their schedule, and in Tuscola's case at least, by a lot. Dominant even. THS did well against Erwin in the last scrimmage of the season, but I saw a potentially great receiver on their team (#8?) That being said it gets tougher for Tuscola starting Friday night when they play Smoky MT (4-0) in Sylva. I saw them Thursday and I am thinking they are much better than I first thought. We'll see. It could be Roberson is a sleeper in WNC this year. But without the intention of offending the Roberson faithful, is it just me, or are those TCR uniforms, especially the helmets, butt ugly or what?

Last edited:
Tcs uniforms are atrocious. You are right whoamule, you can only play who is on your schedule and if they are weaker opponents and you're destroying them that helps your case. You don't wanna be beating Patton 17-13

Tcs uniforms are atrocious. You are right whoamule, you can only play who is on your schedule and if they are weaker opponents and you're destroying them that helps your case. You don't wanna be beating Patton 17-13
I agree. And Swain is on the Tuscola schedule because they are ALWAYS (or almost always) competitive and will win their share. I understand Tuscola is going to continue the series next year which I am totally in agreement with. Swain Pisgah Smoky MT will be the only non-conference games for the Mountaineers next year as they move (back) to the MAC so I was told Friday night.

Its more than possible Tuscola may give you a dose of scours down in Canton next month. Seen both teams. Tuscola has more of everything. Speed, numbers that can play, and an added incentive of being the better team LAST year and still not winning. The half and half in that game may be like winning the lottery. JVS both teams are very good as well.
Don't try to get into the Press Box, We will not let you in!!!

I agree. And Swain is on the Tuscola schedule because they are ALWAYS (or almost always) competitive and will win their share. I understand Tuscola is going to continue the series next year which I am totally in agreement with. Swain Pisgah Smoky MT will be the only non-conference games for the Mountaineers next year as they move (back) to the MAC so I was told Friday night.

Can someone tell me what happened with realignment? Last year I was told that Tuscola would be going to 2A, and staying in a conference with Pisgah. Fast forward to this year, and we staying 3A and going to the MAC?

Can someone tell me what happened with realignment? Last year I was told that Tuscola would be going to 2A, and staying in a conference with Pisgah. Fast forward to this year, and we staying 3A and going to the MAC?
The realignment does not take effect until 2017.Pisgah will be 2a along with five other teams,Brevard ,Hendersonville,Franklin,East Henderson,Smoky. Tuscola will remain 3A and be in a conference with the Buncombe county 3A teams along with North and West Henderson.

That was before the NCHSAA decided to change the percentages for each class from 25% x 4 to 20%-30%-30%-20%.
Speculation was that Tuscola might fall into 2A under the old format but the new format kept them in 3A for sure.

The Asheville Citizen-Times has started getting their archives up on Newspapers.com (at a premium "Publisher" level subscription price). It is interesting to go back and read the machinations that went on when Tuscola and Pisgah were created on where to put them and then how the Buncombe Co. schools allied to try and shut them out into a 4A conference with Asheville, Hickory, et al. in about '72.

This is true, but both teams have beaten those who are on their schedule, and in Tuscola's case at least, by a lot. Dominant even. THS did well against Erwin in the last scrimmage of the season, but I saw a potentially great receiver on their team (#8?) That being said it gets tougher for Tuscola starting Friday night when they play Smoky MT (4-0) in Sylva. I saw them Thursday and I am thinking they are much better than I first thought. We'll see. It could be Roberson is a sleeper in WNC this year. But without the intention of offending the Roberson faithful, is it just me, or are those TCR uniforms, especially the helmets, butt ugly or what?

Mule, #8 for Erwin is CJ Thompson. He is the one that is blowing up all the records right not along with the qb.

You guys don't let Tuscola into your press box?? And other teams let you guys into their press box including Tuscola? Yal are bigger D-bags than I thought
Whoa Mule was banned from the Pisgah Press Box Years ago when he was pretending to be a Bears Fan. He is your self proclaimed expert, He never strapped on a Helmet!!

Whoa Mule was banned from the Pisgah Press Box Years ago when he was pretending to be a Bears Fan. He is your self proclaimed expert, He never strapped on a Helmet!!
Well bud, opinions vary Im sure. So do stories like yours.

Patton is 3-0 after us and is now in the Top 10 nationally in team rushing yardage last check.
They are way better than last year with same QB. They have some size and should make some noise in their conference.

We killed them on special teams initially and then just pounded them. Owen is bad, McDowell would be better if they had last year's QB, they hung tough with us til the 4th quarter. The have 3 linemen that could probably play about anywhere in WNC. Swain is admittedly down but the series has been historically close and is a good gate game for both schools. They will return to their wining ways soon.

I think TCR is trying to copy Navy, maybe?

Patton is 3-0 after us and is now in the Top 10 nationally in team rushing yardage last check.
They are way better than last year with same QB. They have some size and should make some noise in their conference.

We killed them on special teams initially and then just pounded them. Owen is bad, McDowell would be better if they had last year's QB, they hung tough with us til the 4th quarter. The have 3 linemen that could probably play about anywhere in WNC. Swain is admittedly down but the series has been historically close and is a good gate game for both schools. They will return to their wining ways soon.

I think TCR is trying to copy Navy, maybe?
Yes Patton did have one heck of an offense.

Press Box Truth: Pisgah will not let Tuscola coaches anywhere near their sideline, press box or roof of press box. And yes Tuscola allows Pisgah into and on top of theirs. Not trying to stir the pot. Just stating facts. Been that way about 10 years now. About the time we took 5 outta 6, and were one play away from 6 straight. (Pisgah kid "catches" blocked field goal in his stomach after blocking it and returns it for 6. Wildest play I've ever witnessed.)

Tell the whole truth Jub's. There's no reason for them to be over there. They can get on the press box on the visitors side and see just as well. Unlike the visitors side at tuscola. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. 4 in a row coming up.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Its more than possible Tuscola may give you a dose of scours down in Canton next month. Seen both teams. Tuscola has more of everything. Speed, numbers that can play, and an added incentive of being the better team LAST year and still not winning.

..but you say something like this every year, Mule, and you always see Tuscola as the better team despite the outcome of the game. no one can ever take you seriously with your Tuscola rose colored glasses...

Tell the whole truth Jub's. There's no reason for them to be over there. They can get on the press box on the visitors side and see just as well. Unlike the visitors side at tuscola. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. 4 in a row coming up.
That vantage point on that little concrete slab 6ft above the fans on the away side is equal to the vantage point from the press box on the home side? haha do u really expect people to believe that? Tuscola should set up a picnic table for ur guys to stand on and then say that's "equal"

You ever been on top of that press box? You can see just fine from up there, for what they need. Go ahead and that table up, we'd still beat ya. Then what's the excuse going to be?

Besides that, who says it's supposed to be equal? Your a visiting team. Ever hear of home field advantage?

I remember when the visitor's were put in a classroom in the old 6th grade building behind the stands.

The problem with Pisgah is they let every Tom, Dick, and Harry who thinks they're important into the press box so there isn't any room.

Jubal2sfriend "About the time we took 5 outta 6, and were one play away from 6 straight. (Pisgah kid "catches" blocked field goal in his stomach after blocking it and returns it for 6. Wildest play I've ever witnessed.) I happened to go to that game. That was the craziest play I have ever seen live. I did a little research Jubal2 to your statement about 5 out of the last six. I have no dog in this fight but I hope you realize since 2000 the record is 8-8. To me throwing that stat out is irrelevant. If you look at the data from what you're saying you can go back two years and Pisgah has won 6 out of the last 11. That is a mute point.

That vantage point on that little concrete slab 6ft above the fans on the away side is equal to the vantage point from the press box on the home side? haha do u really expect people to believe that? Tuscola should set up a picnic table for ur guys to stand on and then say that's "equal"
The same concrete slab we used for over ten years since that was the home side.until the late seventies.Seems like you Tuscola people already making excuses before you lose.

Actually that was your home side into the 80's. The present home stands weren't built until '84.

Last edited:
BlueVols, you're right about the press box. To many folks in there looking for hand outs for sure. Personally I think pisgah should hand out press box credentials. If you don't have one then you don't get in.

Reactions: BlueVols
The same concrete slab we used for over ten years since that was the home side.until the late seventies.Seems like you Tuscola people already making excuses before you lose.
Oh no excuses here.. Not worried about yal. Just pointing out how you guys don't have any class. Tuscola puts you up in their press box.. One would think that would be reciprocated at yals field.. But nooo the nation of the big bad and scary pisgah bears won't open the door haha shouldn't be shocked though. Shame on me.

Only Pisgah and Tuscola fans would argue about who gets to go on top of the press box...:p

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT