ADVERTISEMENT

Hayesville does it again!

Andrew's didn't allow WTOE to broadcast there when Mitchell played them. Apparently they're afraid of losing gate money if they allow broadcast but I believe if you're going to the game you will broadcast or not and I definitely don't see how the vistor teams home radio station would make any deference.

Reactions: Purple1995
Why should any school allow another school to broadcast a game live and take away from their gate? Especially when the broadcast makes money via sponsorships? So you're saying Swain should be able to profit off a Hayesville home game? That would be dumb for the Hayesville athletic department to do so. When you have home games, do it your way, but don't judge what other small-town schools are doing to ensure they get as much gate as possible. Home football games are how most conference schools get over 50% of their athletic budget. IGNORANT . . . Maybe if you supported your team, you would get off the couch and actually come to the game or at least not complain about smart financial decisions other athletic departments are making.

Radio may be one thing, but you're just not very smart if you think their are not fans who would choose to stay and watch at home if there was a video broadcast available. Maroon Devil Network does a great job, so rainy, chilly night, letting someone broadcast live could cost an athletic department money.

Reactions: KW23 and MACS2618
Kevin with the exception of the COVID years, I don't recall anyone allowing MDN doing a live stream. Do you?

As we know, the football gate provides the financial support for many sports. On a night like last night (misty/light rain) some will elect to stay home. With the spiralling cost of athletics every $ is needed.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
I can say this there aren’t many people involved in Swain county athletics that like the live broadcast of their home games! It kills their gate, regardless of what anyone thinks

Reactions: KW23
I think it’s well within the right of the home team to allow what they choose in regards to how their games are handled by outside media sources. That said I do still wish they would allow local radio to broadcast lol.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Kevin with the exception of the COVID years, I don't recall anyone allowing MDN doing a live stream. Do you?

As we know, the football gate provides the financial support for many sports. On a night like last night (misty/light rain) some will elect to stay home. With the spiralling cost of athletics every $ is needed.
MDN has pay to show the games. It ain't cheap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT