ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock @ Wallace-Rose Hill

dogs79

Nov 7, 2009
Teachey , NC
I don’t know what to think about Havelock. Didn’t look good at Bash at the Beach against New Hanover but NH is a quality team and looked pretty darn good. What y’all think?

This team's(wrh) gonna score alot of points. They also gonna give up alot from what I saw last night. I think we'll be real good come playoff time. Wouldn't surprise me if we started 0-3. Havelock's gonna be good every year. Gonna take a herculean effort this Friday night. We can win it, but I personally don't expect it. Hope I'm wrong

Havelock looked worse than anyone last night other than Northside. Havelock still has the athletics though. I kinda think it was just a bad night for them. I'd say Wallace in a close one.

This team's(wrh) gonna score alot of points. They also gonna give up alot from what I saw last night. I think we'll be real good come playoff time. Wouldn't surprise me if we started 0-3. Havelock's gonna be good every year. Gonna take a herculean effort this Friday night. We can win it, but I personally don't expect it. Hope I'm wrong
I couldn’t agree with you more dog77. I hope this week they make some adjustments on defense. I don’t know if it’s coaching strategy or what. We have some holes on defense that need to be filled. Avery is the most aggressive player I seen this season. It won’t surprise me if he goes to middle linebacker/DE Corbin and Irving will probably end up on defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: olddog77 and dogs79
I think you need to put your best players on the field. We are a 2a school put your best players out there on offense and defense. In a perfect world no one goes both ways but my opinion those running backs need to play some d too they’re our best athletes. I understand the risk of injury but the defense looked slow to me last night and on their heels. Hopefully there will be some adjustments on defense. I was really impressed with Reid at qb and the offense in general had a good showing.

I think you need to put your best players on the field. We are a 2a school put your best players out there on offense and defense. In a perfect world no one goes both ways but my opinion those running backs need to play some d too they’re our best athletes. I understand the risk of injury but the defense looked slow to me last night and on their heels. Hopefully there will be some adjustments on defense. I was really impressed with Reid at qb and the offense in general had a good showing.
I agree, Reid played very well he made some good decisions. Only thing I didn’t like after he picks up positive yardage step out of bounds. He can’t keep trying to run over people. Jabari needs to be on defense no substitute for experience. Young guys coming along but they don’t have the experience

Last edited:
Reactions: WRH95 and dogs79
Havelock looked worse than anyone last night other than Northside. Havelock still has the athletics though. I kinda think it was just a bad night for them. I'd say Wallace in a close one.
New Hanover had a lot to do with that

Reactions: dogs79
I don’t know what to think about Havelock. Didn’t look good at Bash at the Beach against New Hanover but NH is a quality team and looked pretty darn good. What y’all think?
I think the coaching controversy around Caleb King took away from football preparation. To be honest it’s a toss up Friday. WRH didn’t play flawless Friday against Laney. Still a lot of holes to fill

I think the coaching controversy around Caleb King took away from football preparation. To be honest it’s a toss up Friday. WRH didn’t play flawless Friday against Laney. Still a lot of holes to fill
Laney did look great on offense. Got a stud at RB. We should improve after that one. Thought we were better on that last and only stop. I’m not sure they gonna go after it right now on d with best players you can put on the field. I think we gonna be good on d, eventually.

DarkHorse matched up with Laney Wednesday night in a half field situational scrimmage (I reckon that what you call it (20 yard 10 yard possessions) it didn’t look like the Horses had any difficulty with Laney at all but you can’t put a lot of stock in scrimmages/ jamborees. They’re limited exposures, lots of stop and go. To be honest I’ve never been overly pressed with this other than it gets the kinks out and they’re hitting something other than practice .

Maybe a little. King has been coaching offense and Wooten has been coaching D during entire off season. The coaching controversy was bigger outside the program than from within.

It’s funny y’all talking about a scrimmage, havelock is young they will be alright 😂 I don’t think anyone expects Them to be great but they still will compete every single game wouldn’t be surprised if they win or lose tbh will be a good game who ever makes the least mistakes will win. I can see a 35-28 type of game

Reactions: Orangecrush95
It’s funny y’all talking about a scrimmage, havelock is young they will be alright 😂 I don’t think anyone expects Them to be great but they still will compete every single game wouldn’t be surprised if they win or lose tbh will be a good game who ever makes the least mistakes will win. I can see a 35-28 type of game
More like 28-21

And the same wa
More like 28-21
i can see that also but I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes higher havelock returns both their rb just like wrh did and also one their top wr from last year so they have skill positions that can score off one touch

I think y’all seem to forget havelock jv went undefeated last year even with two of their running backs that were sophomores playing varsity which the one who was the starter got injured and missed alot of games and a wr that was a top wr on varsity also was a sophomore. Havelock will get better as the season goes on.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Lebron sharpe
7 games 104 Carries for 812 yards
Jalen Morgan
12 games played had to take over the rb position later in the season
64 Carries for 467 yards
Jonathan Williams wide receiver
27 receptions 694 yards

All 3 of these guys were sophomores last year playing varsity so I guess we will have to see come Friday

Young? Are you referring to skilled positions or the 16 seniors?

Lebron sharpe
7 games 104 Carries for 812 yards
Jalen Morgan
12 games played had to take over the rb position later in the season
64 Carries for 467 yards
Jonathan Williams wide receiver
27 receptions 694 yards

All 3 of these guys were sophomores last year playing varsity so I guess we will have to see come Friday
Have you ever watch the Movie little shop of horror. That’s how Wrh offense operates. Especially when Seymour decides to feed the plant 😂Beast

Last edited:
Have you ever watch the little shop of horror. That’s how Wrh offense operates. Especially when Seymour decides to feed the plant 😂

Nah I know Wallace will be really good that’s why I said I wouldn’t be surprised if havelock loses that running back y’all got is a stud and I actually picked y’all to come out the east in 2a y’all or Clinton

I think y’all seem to forget havelock jv went undefeated last year even with two of their running backs that were sophomores playing varsity which the one who was the starter got injured and missed alot of games and a wr that was a top wr on varsity also was a sophomore. Havelock will get better as the season goes on.

How many games has the Havelock JVS lost in the last 10 years? They have one hell of a JV program

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT