ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock Rams in a shootout over Jacksonville Cardinals

Well it’s like Dado Sweeney from Clemson said when it comes to the East.. It’s Havelock then the ROY
Rest Of Y’all. The Rams are no shit legit. Will be hard to beat them. To many weapons. Congratulations to their kids and coaching staff once again.

Reactions: easy252
This game honestly should not have been this close. You take away the 3 big plays Jville had and this is a blowout. They were not able to make a consistent drive up the field on Havelock all night, a few horrible missed tackles and bad coverage on a couple plays is the only thing kept this game close as it was. They asked for this game in the wet conditions thinking it would play to they advantage and it backfired on them. Maybe they see each other again, maybe not... They didnt hold up they end of the bargain last yr in the playoffs either.[/QUOTE

Actually game was set for Sat,had moved soccer game earlier in day so game could be played Sat but both coaches agreed to Friday the field wasn't as bad as you think. 6,28 real deals. JHS qb needs to learn tuck the ball.

This is every year not saying there is a group that has it out for us, we go most of the season as the number 1 seed and get bumped to number 2 doesn’t matter we would look good against WF so I don’t buy that. We have never gotten that total respect. People in the East knows our program until we are knocked off as the 1 seed than we should be. It would not surprise me if CC gets the number 1 seed in the West with one loss. It is fine we will do what we have to do as always.
What do you mean you go most of the year as the number one seed? You must be referring to all these projections you see. Sorry, but at the end of the day, those projections are just from fans. Simmons, Carolina Preps, NCPreps...though, reputable, are ran by people that have nothing to do with the NCHSAA selection process. And the lord only knows how MaxPreps figures in all of it. This isnt the college playoff committee where your seeding starts during the season. If there are multiple undefeated teams, SOMEBODY has to be seeded other than #1. All they look at is 10-0 from the present season. Name, history, tradition, what you did last year...none of that is relevant. Probably just been the (bad) luck of the draw for Havelock.

Last edited:
I think Southern Nash beats Havelock this year. I think they would have lost a close one had they finished the Wake Forest game, but I don't think there are any other teams in the east that could beat Southern Nash THIS year. I watched them dismantle a Rocky Mount team that could very well be in the east championship themselves.

What do you mean you go most of the year as the number one seed? You must be referring to all these projections you see. Sorry, but at the end of the day, those projections are just from fans. Simmons, Carolina Preps, NCPreps...though, reputable, are ran by people that have nothing to do with the NCHSAA selection process. And the lord only knows how MaxPreps figures in all of it. This isnt the college playoff committee where your seeding starts during the season. If there are multiple undefeated teams, SOMEBODY has to be seeded other than #1. All they look at is 10-0 from the present season. Name, history, tradition, what you did last year...none of that is relevant. Probably just been the (bad) luck of the draw for Havelock.

I say most of the year I have seen 4 different polls We are number 1 there other polls have us all over the place... if you follow my thread it doesn’t matter we will be in that title game

Reactions: StallionSWO
I think Southern Nash beats Havelock this year. I think they would have lost a close one had they finished the Wake Forest game, but I don't think there are any other teams in the east that could beat Southern Nash THIS year. I watched them dismantle a Rocky Mount team that could very well be in the east championship themselves.

I know you haven’t seen HHS play we would give any top 4A team in the state problems and probably beat them don’t rely on those games if your D can’t stop Everything you might get blown out. It should be a good game SN has one of the best backs in the state we have 3 plus receivers Not counting the QB.. I wish we would have played RM everyone was looking forward to that game we had some payback to give

Rocky mount would lose to j ville havelock possibly even Wallace lmao @ rocky mount would win the east you’re funny they are not even that good southern Nash better be able to pass the ball or they will lose just like they did last year when they couldn’t pass the ball this year havelock team is not the same as last years

Rocky mount would lose to j ville havelock possibly even Wallace lmao @ rocky mount would win the east you’re funny they are not even that good southern Nash better be able to pass the ball or they will lose just like they did last year when they couldn’t pass the ball this year havelock team is not the same as last years

Don’t tell them that they will find out soon enough.

Don’t tell them that they will find out soon enough.

If they make it lol cause if they run into a team that sells out on the run and forces them to pass it’s gonna be a long night for them they already said their defense is not as good as last years and havelock offense is better than last years so I don’t understand why they saying they will beat havelock

If they make it lol cause if they run into a team that sells out on the run and forces them to pass it’s gonna be a long night for them they already said their defense is not as good as last years and havelock offense is better than last years so I don’t understand why they saying they will beat havelock

Yes this offense has a house full of weapons not including the QB. We have a few weeks to work on the few issues on D and we should great heading into the heart of the playoffs.

Every team sells out on the run against SN and they still aren’t stopped. They have punted once this year and that was against RM on a possession they got a first down on fourth and one and a holding was called to make it fourth and eleven. Havelock is a good team and it would be a good one if they play for sure but let’s not act like they are going to shut SN down.

Every team sells out on the run against SN and they still aren’t stopped. They have punted once this year and that was against RM on a possession they got a first down on fourth and one and a holding was called to make it fourth and eleven. Havelock is a good team and it would be a good one if they play for sure but let’s not act like they are going to shut SN down.

Havelock will def shut Down SN all night long. If you can't pass the ball on Havelock, it will be a LONG NIGHT

Havelock will def shut Down SN all night long. If you can't pass the ball on Havelock, it will be a LONG NIGHT

Time will tell... just please don’t base your prediction on last year, this team is totally different than last year some of the same players for the most part but even more dangerous. I am sure SN has there big O line and bashing RB but if you don’t have a complete game this year against HHS it will be very hard to beat them.

Whatever you say buddy. If you think SN is getting shut down all night long there is nothing else to talk about. You are clueless. Havelock might win but they aren’t shutting SN down. They didn’t shut SN down last year. They won a high scoring game. Havelock may be better this year but SN offense is also better.

Time will tell... just please don’t base your prediction on last year, this team is totally different than last year some of the same players for the most part but even more dangerous. I am sure SN has there big O line and bashing RB but if you don’t have a complete game this year against HHS it will be very hard to beat them.

It would be hard to beat them even with a complete game I understand that. SN doesn’t just have bashing rbs. They have the best rb in the state and another rb that’s a stud. My prediction isn’t off of last year. I don’t even really have a prediction. I know havelock is good. Should be a good game if the meet.

I know you haven’t seen HHS play we would give any top 4A team in the state problems and probably beat them don’t rely on those games if your D can’t stop Everything you might get blown out. It should be a good game SN has one of the best backs in the state we have 3 plus receivers Not counting the QB.. I wish we would have played RM everyone was looking forward to that game we had some payback to give
And Southern Nash feels the same way. So if revenge is a motivation factor for Havelock and Rocky Mount, then you must know how SN feels about y'all. Forget Defense. The winner of that game will have to score 50.

Didn't say they would win the east.

Whatever you say buddy. If you think SN is getting shut down all night long there is nothing else to talk about. You are clueless. Havelock might win but they aren’t shutting SN down. They didn’t shut SN down last year. They won a high scoring game. Havelock may be better this year but SN offense is also better.

Okay clown. Havelock is 21+ better then SN. But whatever makes you sleep at night

And Southern Nash feels the same way. So if revenge is a motivation factor for Havelock and Rocky Mount, then you must know how SN feels about y'all. Forget Defense. The winner of that game will have to score 50.

No one is scoring 50 on HHS not going down with just a run game you guys don’t jump off the page with the passing game at all you have a running attack and that is how you play.

This will be the last time I say it. If you guys haven’t played anyone that will come at you from every position on the field then your in for a long night. You will pretty much have to shut down the whole offense and I am not over hyping this others will tell you the same. This is probably one of the most dangerous teams HHS has had in a long time it would give the 2011 team a hell of a game

What are u watching that would make u even bring up Rocky Mount as any type of contender lmao??? I dont care what they record was when SN beat them, everyone knew SN was gonna kill them. We beat them by 40 last yr and the JV beat them by 50 last yr... What they add to make them even within 35 points of us this yr lmao??? If RM was a contender, they wouldn't have backed outta the make up game cuz they knew they would have 2 losses and a horrible seed in the playoffs lol

No one is scoring 50 on HHS not going down with just a run game you guys don’t jump off the page with the passing game at all you have a running attack and that is how you play.

This will be the last time I say it. If you guys haven’t played anyone that will come at you from every position on the field then your in for a long night. You will pretty much have to shut down the whole offense and I am not over hyping this others will tell you the same. This is probably one of the most dangerous teams HHS has had in a long time it would give the 2011 team a hell of a game

Southern Nash isn't my team.

I've never had a beef with HHS, because they just aren't talked about in my area, but good grief, reading these posts makes me wonder how in the world have they not won 20 championships in a row. I remember in the old Big East with Havelock, Rose, New Bern, Rocky Mount, Northern Nash, and DH Conley, Havelock was a middle of the pack team, at best. Now, they are an SEC squad. They can't be beaten. No way, no how, no chance. Just cancel the playoffs and mail the trophy to them.

What are u watching that would make u even bring up Rocky Mount as any type of contender lmao??? I dont care what they record was when SN beat them, everyone knew SN was gonna kill them. We beat them by 40 last yr and the JV beat them by 50 last yr... What they add to make them even within 35 points of us this yr lmao??? If RM was a contender, they wouldn't have backed outta the make up game cuz they knew they would have 2 losses and a horrible seed in the playoffs lol
I'm watching a team that has been to two of the last 3 state championships, winning one. A team that, no matter the score, is 1-1 vs Havelock over the last few years. And a team whose only loss this year is to the #5 team in the state. If that doesnt make you a contender to get to the eastern finals, which is what I said, then idk what does.
As far as them not playing the canceled game, why would they? It's a non conference game that can't help them improve their playoff position even if they win. Win, and they still remain second in their conference with one total loss. So what's in it for them besides the risk of injury and no rest? They are doing what's best for Rocky Mount.

Last edited:
I've never had a beef with HHS, because they just aren't talked about in my area, but good grief, reading these posts makes me wonder how in the world have they not won 20 championships in a row. I remember in the old Big East with Havelock, Rose, New Bern, Rocky Mount, Northern Nash, and DH Conley, Havelock was a middle of the pack team, at best. Now, they are an SEC squad. They can't be beaten. No way, no how, no chance. Just cancel the playoffs and mail the trophy to them.

What are you even talking about?? 20 championships in a row? Sec squad?? Put the bottle down it's way to early for that talk. Havelock has a ton of talent and a great coach. They will win the east hands down. NS is one dimensional and won't be able to run at Havelock all night. Rocky mount is super down this year? Why are you bringing up years ago conference? JIM BOB built the program and since then has been state contenders every year. Have you even seen Havelock this year? If not why are you discrediting them so hard?

Last edited:
I'm watching a team that has been to two of the last 3 state championships, winning one. A team that, no matter the score, is 1-1 vs Havelock over the last few years. And a team whose only loss this year is to the #5 team in the state. If that doesnt make you a contender to get to the eastern finals, which is what I said, then idk what does.
As far as them not playing the canceled game, why would they? It's a non conference game that can't help them improve their playoff position even if they win. Win, and they still remain second in their conference with one total loss. So what's in it for them besides the risk of injury and no rest? They are doing what's best for Rocky Mount.
Man stop it, idc about is being 1-1 against them or how many title games they been to. This isn't the nfl, those guys are not under contract, those players are gone and they didnt reload. Rankings mean absolutely nothing until u play sumbody and they lost when they played sumbody. They chose not to play us while they were still undefeated!!! Damn right they did what was best for RM, they ducked us cuz they knew better lmao... you the only one who doesn't know that lol

Have no idea what you are reading they have a special team this year. And since you seem to know alittle about the area Havelock has never been a middle of the pack team. We had one bad stretch for 3 years before and after that it was either Conf Champs and nothing less. And the stretch you are taking about is when HHS was moved to 4A and for a small school we actually came in 2nd one year knocking off the Mighty JHRose teams.
So if you have followed the area teams for the last 10 years at least HHS has been no less than a 3 ranked team in the state. I know your trying to add your extra verbiage but no one claims any team is unbeatable we are talking about what they have this year and what has been proven on the field this year.

What are you even talking about?? 20 championships in a row? Sec squad?? Put the bottle down it's way to early for that talk. Havelock has a ton of talent and a great coach. They will win the east hands down. NS is one dimensional and won't be able to run at Havelock all night. Rocky mount is super down this year? Why are you bringing up years ago conference? JIM BOB built the program and since then has been state contenders every year. Have you even seen Havelock this year? If not why are you discrediting them so hard?

No one has discredited havelock. It’s any other team being mentioned having even a remote chance to win the east that is being discredited.

Reactions: SWE'98
And what exactly has been proven this year other than they've won all their games? So has Southern Nash, a team that has no earthly chance to stay on the field with y'all, according to the Havelock fans. Y'all are really acting like Havelock is the only team that got better. I dont doubt at all that HHS will be one of the last few teams standing. I'm not discrediting them at all. I just think that they could be beaten based off what I've seen from potential opponents. No, I have not seen HHS in person this year, just like y'all havent seen SN or RM. RM is super down this year? Based on what? A loss? They had 7 of them last year, 2 of them when they lost the state championship the year before that, and 3 of them the year they won it the year before that. And forgive me for talking about previous seasons, even though I was just given a lesson on how good Havelock has been over the last 10 years. Even though, prior to that, they had a 15, not 3, but 15 year stretch of going 93-76 for a 6-5 average. But they were never a middle of the road team? Ok. Look, HHS is a beast right now. No question. I just think other teams in the east can at least play with them too. Not many though. But man, y'all are acting like other teams suiting up is pointless.

Last edited:
Sarcasm.

And what exactly has been proven this year other than they've won all their games? So has Southern Nash, a team that has no earthly chance to stay on the field with y'all, according to the Havelock fans. Y'all are really acting like Havelock is the only team that got better. I dont doubt at all that HHS will be one of the last few teams standing. I'm not discrediting them at all. I just think that they could be beaten based off what I've seen from potential opponents. No, I have not seen HHS in person this year, just like y'all havent seen SN or RM. RM is super down this year? Based on what? A loss? They had 7 of them last year, 2 of them when they lost the state championship the year before that, and 3 of them the year they won it the year before that. And forgive me for talking about previous seasons, even though I was just given a lesson on how good Havelock has been over the last 10 years. Even though, prior to that, they had a 15, not 3, but 15 year stretch of going 93-76 for a 6-5 average. But they were never a middle of the road team? Ok. Look, HHS is a beast right now. No question. I just think other teams in the east can at least play with them too. Not many though. But man, y'all are acting like other teams suiting up is pointless.

Bro I played in 4 of those teams and that only lost 3 games in 4 years you need to check you history my friend. The if you went back prior to the that there was only one team with losing record. Please the 86

Bro you need to go back to school for math

https://carolinapreps.com/teams/frontend/teampage/allTimeRecords/316

If I am going to talk I show it HHS is one of the top teams in the state. Yes we had bad years but a hell of a lot of great ones we are far from middle of road get over it

I hear u we will see

Lmao and havelock just beat as team who was ranked in the top 10 in the state in 3a by 3 scores and u think rocky mount could compete please stop havelock would beat them by 30+

Lmao and havelock just beat as team who was ranked in the top 10 in the state in 3a by 3 scores and u think rocky mount could compete please stop havelock would beat them by 30+
All I said about Rocky Mount is that they are contenders to reach the east finals. That's the only reason why I bought them up.

Bro I played in 4 of those teams and that only lost 3 games in 4 years you need to check you history my friend. The if you went back prior to the that there was only one team with losing record. Please the 86

Bro you need to go back to school for math

https://carolinapreps.com/teams/frontend/teampage/allTimeRecords/316

If I am going to talk I show it HHS is one of the top teams in the state. Yes we had bad years but a hell of a lot of great ones we are far from middle of road get over it

Man, I agree with you that Havelock is currently a beast. I said that. But you guys are acting like they have never ever lost a game and never will. It was said that HHS has ALWAYS been good. I brought up the fact that no, they haven't. They used to be just another so-so team, for a long time. I dont know what 3 year stretch old buddy is referring to, but from 1994 to 2007, Havelock was a 6-5 team. The whole point of my last post was to refute the statement made by the poster that Havelock has never been a middle of the road team. My math is perfectly fine.

But for real though, why are y'all getting so defensive and upset just because someone thinks that Havelock isnt the only team that has a chance? I'm not even anti-Havelock. I know they will be in the east finals. But other teams can compete. The maxpreps adjusted rankings, which takes every conceivable thing into account in their formula, has SN 3, Havelock 4, and RM 5. How dare they use actual data to place SN ahead of them, and have RM so close as well! The nerve! Lol. But really, again, i have nothing against HHS. I know that they are fantastic. But thinking that other teams have a chance at beating them seems to be a real problem for yall. You are really taking it personally. Geez.

Last edited:
Man, I agree with you that Havelock is currently a beast. I said that. But you guys are acting like they have never ever lost a game and never will. It was said that HHS has ALWAYS been good. I brought up the fact that no, they haven't. They used to be just another so-so team, for a long time. I dont know what 3 year stretch old buddy is referring to, but from 1994 to 2007, Havelock was a 6-5 team. The whole point of my last post was to refute the statement made by the poster that Havelock has never been a middle of the road team. My math is perfectly fine.

Bro your talking about 1973-1996 we are taking about this year today now... I am a today guy not what was what will be today HHS is a different football team then last year. This is a Havelock Jacksonville feed but somehow we got on other teams. If you follow what I have said let’s not get to far ahead of ourselves but that would be a good game. I am done with this conversation as I said before time will tell. And yes any team has a chance but I am a HHS fan and why would I put any team above my team.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
But for real though, why are y'all getting so defensive and upset just because someone thinks that Havelock isnt the only team that has a chance? I'm not even anti-Havelock. I know they will be in the east finals. But other teams can compete. The maxpreps adjusted rankings, which takes every conceivable thing into account in their formula, has SN 3, Havelock 4, and RM 5. How dare they use actual data to place SN ahead of them, and have RM so close as well! The nerve! Lol. But really, again, i have nothing against HHS. I know that they are fantastic. But thinking that other teams have a chance at beating them seems to be a real problem for yall. You are really taking it personally. Geez.

Amen. I pulled for Havelock last year against Western Alamance and CC after they beat SN and will likely pull for them again this year if they beat SN if they play. I don’t get where the arrogance that no one can compete with them is coming from. Everyone knows they are a good team but Jacksonville isn’t the only other good team in the east.

I can honestly care less who think who is better than Havelock, we will see on the field these next few weeks. But it's pretty obvious if u wanna bring up past yrs that in the past 7 yrs we have been to 5 state title games and were a 99 yard play away from a 6th in 7 years who has been dominant on the East. The adjusted rankings just came out 2day, SN is ahead of us bcuz they beat RM... you wanna tell me again on how RM ducking us hold no weight??? We woulda beat them by 40, now we will end up with a 2 seed lol

I can honestly care less who think who is better than Havelock, we will see on the field these next few weeks. But it's pretty obvious if u wanna bring up past yrs that in the past 7 yrs we have been to 5 state title games and were a 99 yard play away from a 6th in 7 years who has been dominant on the East. The adjusted rankings just came out 2day, SN is ahead of us bcuz they beat RM... you wanna tell me again on how RM ducking us hold no weight??? We woulda beat them by 40, now we will end up with a 2 seed lol

Havelock could still jump SN since the Hunt win will help out more than SN beating Northern Nash Friday if they do. It looks like SN will probably hold onto the top seed in the east but it isn’t written in stone yet.

Reactions: easy252
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT