ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock Rams in a shootout over Jacksonville Cardinals

MYCEDDY06

Dec 7, 2008
Think this will be a wild game but I am going with Havelock with a score of 41-40. Also think these two teams will meet again in a few weeks with Havelock squeaking out another win and moving forward to the STATE Championship game in a rematch with Catholic but the outcome will be different with the Rams winning a tuff battle to claim another State Championship.

Reactions: downlo
Think this will be a wild game but I am going with Havelock with a score of 41-40. Also think these two teams will meet again in a few weeks with Havelock squeaking out another win and moving forward to the STATE Championship game in a rematch with Catholic but the outcome will be different with the Rams winning a tuff battle to claim another State Championship.

And then Havelock will move on to the Super Bowl and beat the Patriots to clam world domination, jk.

Should be one helluva packed crowd for the Conference Championship. Two great coaching staffs along with two fantastic rosters, can't wait.

Reactions: Cardsfan50
Should be a good game speed with speed HHS must step up on the run defense we let teams score that shouldn’t. That maybe because we score so quick. The team with the least mistakes wins. I really wanted us to play against rocky Mount that would have been a good test as well. We really haven’t been pushed except in the first half of the Rose game. We make great adjustments at half time and stay within the game plan which has played a great part all year and the backups have played major mins. Hated the storm came we were really starting to pick things up. We are totally healthy that’s for sure. Good luck to both teams it should be a good one I hope it isn’t a blow out but then again it might be one way or the other.

Reactions: ncjeff and Swo_05
After hearing the gameplan they have defensively for this week, I dont think Jville will stay as close as people think. They are not as much of a threat passing this yr as they were last yr, and we know what to look for this time around. We stop that option and it could get ugly for Jville.

After hearing the gameplan they have defensively for this week, I dont think Jville will stay as close as people think. They are not as much of a threat passing this yr as they were last yr, and we know what to look for this time around. We stop that option and it could get ugly for Jville.

When you average 9 YPC, is there really a need to pass? Both teams know what each other wants to do, all about execution.

Reactions: ncjeff and downlo

You said it stopping the option, run defense has been our weak spot to some degree hope your right should get us ready for another run at the title.. I really hate the Western teams great programs but we are second thought we get mentioned here and there live it up to them no one from the East would be in the playoffs... can’t wait to get it started should be fun

Let’s don’t start that we are above all of that... I was hoping those two chilled out... we are grown HS Football fans here that cheer on our families, friends and community teams. Let’s keep it classy please..... there might be kids on the feed reading childish stuff from adults...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ncjeff
Game will come down to execution. Everyone knows Jacksonville runs the ball. But who has stopped it? Everyone knows the Rams can throw it. Who has stopped it? The team that makes the least amount of mistakes wins this one. Both teams are to talented to blow each other out. Will be a shootout or a close one like last year.

Let’s don’t start that we are above all of that... I was hoping those two chilled out... we are grown HS Football fans here that cheer on our families, friends and community teams. Let’s keep it classy please..... there might be kids on the feed reading childish stuff from adults...
Tired of hearing that clown all year. Not once have I initiated anything with him. He constantly goes on and bashes teams without anyone saying anything. When someone has enough and responds to him then everyone comes out of the woodworks and has something to say.

Tired of hearing that clown all year. Not once have I initiated anything with him. He constantly goes on and bashes teams without anyone saying anything. When someone has enough and responds to him then everyone comes out of the woodworks and has something to say.

Yeah understandable sometimes we have to ingnore such outbreaks, must of us are true fans of NC HS football. We look our teams some are over the top and some take it too far. We just have to be careful kids do read these from time to time. We just have to take the higher road sometimes I want to say a few words myself but I button my lip and let the teams handle their business. Glad you chilled.

Good luck to JAX and HHS even though I am pulling for my Rams it will be a good game either way. Both teams need a hard game for sure.

Why would he not get banned either?
One of the reasons I left here. Some guys can come on here and say whatever and not have a word said to them. Someone responds back then they are banned. SWO_05 has said some downright classless things on here and nobody has said anything to him. Go look at how he goes after Northeastern on the 2A boards. Just ridiculous.

footballtruth101 told swo05 to go hang himself. The comment was deleted by Deana King and he has been banned. Thank you Deana
Funny how you just had to put your two cents in Catholic. Does it happen to have anything to do with him being a Jacksonville supporter and you seem to like to get into with us like you did me on the other boards? Find it funny how nobody has had nothing to say to this guy all year long. Now the concern is about the kids reading this. There was no concern when he was bashing kids.

I guess we both will be banned I agree with you they both should be banned for 30
Days or what ever the rule is even though it is easy to make up a new account with a different name lol
I mean that over the top to say what he said? Yes it was if your going to ban one ban both. SWO_05 should have been banned.

Anyways should be a great high school football game between two great teams. May the best team win. I hope the Cards can finally pull it off but these Rams are pretty awesome. Coach King has not missed a beat. It will be interesting to see how Havelock plays when they know that they are not the biggest,fastest, most athletic team on field. They got someone who can match them athletically just as fast overall or maybe faster. I think the fans here will get another treat to a another classic.

Footballtruth101 or footballholic as you are known. I read most threads, I really couldn't care less about Jacksonville, but when someone tells another person to hang themselves that is wrong. Flat out wrong and I'll call them out on it.

Funny how you post on your one account, get banned then run off to your other one that you havent posted on since Jan of 2017....funny there footballtruth.

Reactions: StallionSWO
Anyways should be a great high school football game between two great teams. May the best team win. I hope the Cards can finally pull it off but these Rams are pretty awesome. Coach King has not missed a beat. It will be interesting to see how Havelock plays when they know that they are not the biggest,fastest, most athletic team on field. They got someone who can match them athletically just as fast overall or maybe faster. I think the fans here will get another treat to a another classic.

Now that I disagree with we are usually the smallest team on the field. Most teams have been bigger than us all year except in the Conf. Speed wise we will match up pretty good it just depends who has more will and stays with the game plan between the ears. We have a very special team this year I would say it compares to when Cooper was at QB very dangerous. We are still waiting for that D to start clicking as in the past

I would be shocked if we do it is a rivalry game but if we do I will take it lol
Issue for Jacksonville I think can be their lack of a passing game. I think to beat Havelock you cannot let them sit in a 8-9 man box. You gotta get them spread out a bit and guessing.
Yes both teams are coached well, but I just think it'll be too much Havelock. May be multiple TDs late that make the margin wider than it usually is, but I think last years Jacksonville team was better than this one. Based on film and people who have seen both teams in action.

Also Havelock by multiple TDs[/QUFor one don’t have time for all of that multiple account stuff. I left here for the very reason I said. Funny how some posters can say whatever and never get a told anything yet others are quick to get banned. I swear you have to be the only active high school coach on here that has time to come on a message board and argue with fans. I don’t know if any other high school coaches who does this or have the time to it. Again mind your business. Nobody was talking to you. Just like who was going to beat Catholic in the beginning of the year and you lost. If all goes well that’s awesome that you don’t care about Jacksonville. Let’s pray that they run into each other and let the kids settle it on the field.

Issue for Jacksonville I think can be their lack of a passing game. I think to beat Havelock you cannot let them sit in a 8-9 man box. You gotta get them spread out a bit and guessing.
Yes both teams are coached well, but I just think it'll be too much Havelock. May be multiple TDs late that make the margin wider than it usually is, but I think last years Jacksonville team was better than this one. Based on film and people who have seen both teams in action.
Your definitely loss in the sauce. This years team is much better then last years. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. We pass when we need to pass but why if you average almost 10 yards a carry. If it’s not broke then why fix it. Until someone stops it. Go with what got you here. Every team Jacksonville plays stack the box against them and they have not stopped it. If your not worried about Jacksonville then why come over here on our post? Everyone was fine without you.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14

Good analysts of the game. And I do think our team is better than last year especially on the offensive side of the ball. Our Defense was better last year in some areas

Good analysts of the game. And I do think our team is better than last year especially on the offensive side of the ball. Our Defense was better last year in some areas
Both teams are different, but I just think Havelock has too much. Also give the coaching edge to Havelock too. May very well be a one score game going down to the wire for all I know.

Both teams are different, but I just think Havelock has too much. Also give the coaching edge to Havelock too. May very well be a one score game going down to the wire for all I know.

Should be a good one either way than one More tune up game and let the fun begin. Then hopefully when the dust settles there will be a rematch of last years title game.. if not we still had a great year

Your definitely loss in the sauce. This years team is much better then last years. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. We pass when we need to pass but why if you average almost 10 yards a carry. If it’s not broke then why fix it. Until someone stops it. Go with what got you here. Every team Jacksonville plays stack the box against them and they have not stopped it. If your not worried about Jacksonville then why come over here on our post? Everyone was fine without you.
:rolleyes::)

Definitely two different squads on both sides. I have no clue where the Coach gets his info from. Statistically this years team is better across the board then last years. Especially defensively. We throw the ball when need to. Our QB is second in passing yards in our area. Rams better offensively Cards better defensively. Should be another classic like the 42-38 classic in Havelock last year. All the gurus last season had the Rams by allot also. We see how that went. So please keep sleeping. Glad that both teams are coming in 100% healthy. Two great coaching staffs and a bunch of great kids on both teams. All in attendance should get another treat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT