ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock(11-1) at Orange(12-0)

ItsJustWords252

Sep 10, 2013
Charlotte
Next Friday havelock will be traveling to play orange I believe in this game pentalities and defense will determine the winner I am confident havelock has played way better teams than orange and have been battle tested way more than orange

My thoughts on this game is orange really has no passing game which I believe will really hurt them in this game havelock has one of the best run defenses if not the best in 3a

I'm gonna predict havelock will win this game
35-21

Reactions: BlueVols
Might want to take a look at Payton Wilson for Orange. he can Run and catch .He has a lot of D1 offers and runs a.4.6 40

Good lord just watched this Wilson kid on hudl.. Yeah Havelock had better account for him. QB better not try to run to much because this kid gets to the ball carrier in a really bad mood. Impressive and can play in space.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
But orange is impressive I'm just making my prediction because orange hasn't really played anyone but if they were to win I wouldn't be surprised I'm just making a prediction not changing it at all

But orange is impressive I'm just making my prediction because orange hasn't really played anyone but if they were to win I wouldn't be surprised I'm just making a prediction not changing it at all

They have 13 guys that are 6'2 or taller. All 4 of their WR's are either 6'2 or 6'4. Good sized line on both sides and a 6'2 QB, impressive bunch on film.

Payton Wilson is just a awesome player wherever he is on the field. I know UNC is recruiting him for linebacker. He has returned 5 punts for TDs. That's a pretty impressive stat for a kid of his frame.

This is a huge game in 3A!!

Payton Wilson is just a awesome player wherever he is on the field. I know UNC is recruiting him for linebacker. He has returned 5 punts for TDs. That's a pretty impressive stat for a kid of his frame.

This is a huge game in 3A!!
Yes that kid is impressive. But we have some athletes like that in the east as well. For whatever r a son we never hear about them on here. Abram kid from West Craven is on of the the best overall football players in the state. DH Conley QB one of the top in the state. Montrel Pollock Jacksonville middle linebacker and Jaicari Boone two of the better football players around. Yet get no press all we hear about are the kids out west. Which I don't have a issue with. But we do play football in the East and darn good football with some darn good players. Would be nice if they get some recognition also.

I do have a problem with it . I have seen so many kids that come up from here from the east and they are good ball player's They do need recognition, But I have learned with my on son they have to put themselves in front of the coaches ,Its hard to get recruited !!

Yes I just don't know if some of the coaches push for things like combines and camps and also 7 on 7 passing leagues. Some coaches don't think that this is important or good recognition for your kids but it really is. Camps at schools are still the best but if you go to the states that are dominant in football they keep kids ingauged in the game in someway all year round. 7 on 7 the combines where kids are getting that good instruction at. One of the reasons why all the really good kids from the state leave the state. There is no attempt to make sure that football is important here overall. Some schools and those are the ones that continually good year in and year out.

The combines and Camps have been good for us . My son has only played three years and while he has no offers yet (class of 2018) because of the camps and combines(VTO) and is being recruited by SC VT and Wake among others , They do work!!

Yes they do. I have ran into some kids around this area who say their coaches tell them that they are pointless. The combines anyways. Well I know of some of the places that I have coached like Texas,Alabama,Louisiana,California, Florida coaches there loved their kids going to them because it kept them ingauged in football in a way all year long. Some of the travel 7 on 7 teams and so forth. How can your kids working on your passing game all year not help your team during the season? NC does need to get onboard especially since you don't have spring ball here.

Reactions: marsgreen
The combines and Camps have been good for us . My son has only played three years and while he has no offers yet (class of 2018) because of the camps and combines(VTO) and is being recruited by SC VT and Wake among others , They do work!!
Yes it gets them on the radar of schools. At least gets coaches to look at some film that otherwise they may not have.

I expect Havelock will fill the visitor side as well. It's a 3 hour drive for them but those Rams fans will support their team as well as anyone.

My son is really excited to play West Craven .After looking at film he thinks they can beat them .Long ride !!

yeah we went to Havelock in 2012 for the Eastern Finals and traveled well. Came home with the L though...That team is what started Orange's run since then. We are due.

My son is really excited to play West Craven .After looking at film he thinks they can beat them .Long ride !!
Don't go looking ahead to far. Y'all better get past a really good Havelock team first. I am no Jim Bob fan at all.. matter of fact can't stand him. But if you think he doesn't read this stuff and let his kids know what y'all are saying to give that extra motivation your crazy. Why is it that folks think Havelock has just fallen off so bad I don't know. This team can come down there and hang 60 on you real fast. And since y'all talking ol James will try and score a hundred just because. Can they be beat? Yes.. but I can promise you Orange or anyone else had better play their best game of the season because you have not seen nothing like them! As far as West Craven goes you had better be real careful what your wishing for? That's a whole different animal right there. Concentrate on getting past Havelock first.

No, My son plays for Eastern Alamance. We are only a few miles apart and a lot of player's know each other and I work in Hillsborough so I know a lot about Orange.

My son said that looking at the Hudl that West Craven can be beat. They play High and are undisciplined but were athletic.

Don't go looking ahead to far. Y'all better get past a really good Havelock team first. I am no Jim Bob fan at all.. matter of fact can't stand him. But if you think he doesn't read this stuff and let his kids know what y'all are saying to give that extra motivation your crazy. Why is it that folks think Havelock has just fallen off so bad I don't know. This team can come down there and hang 60 on you real fast. And since y'all talking ol James will try and score a hundred just because. Can they be beat? Yes.. but I can promise you Orange or anyone else had better play their best game of the season because you have not seen nothing like them! As far as West Craven goes you had better be real careful what your wishing for? That's a whole different animal right there. Concentrate on getting past Havelock first.

Not looking ahead and nothing negative on here about the Orange/Havelock game - but yeah Orange has played some pretty good teams in the playoffs at the 3AA level the past three years.

Havelock brought a really good crowd to nearby Mebane a couple years ago for a third round game against EA. Will be a great atmosphere at Orange Friday night. Orange hasn't really played an above average team all year so interested to see if that defense is as good as it looks to be!

It is a long ride. Hope all you guy's have a safe trip down and back. What position does your son play? I'll be in the back of our endzone beside the inflatable Eagle. They keep me there in case the Eagle starts losing air I can blow it up. They say I'm full of hot air. You'll walk by us going to the visiting side. Stop and say hi. I'll have on a black and Red Earnhardt Sr. coat. The only coat I wear away from work. lol

He's number 76 o line class of 2018 Plays Right tackle QB is left handed. Thanks !! I know it going to be a long ride !! Look him up on hudl. I will stop by and say hi:)

My son said that looking at the Hudl that West Craven can be beat. They play High and are undisciplined but were athletic.
Well here is my take.. you don't become a undefeated football team playing really good competition if your undisciplined. Do the Eagle have a edge to them? Yes they do.. all good teams do. EA had better be ready just like the West Craven better be ready anything can happen in the playoffs. But mark my words this West Craven team is no S&@$ Legit! Hard hitting athletic bunch who get to the ball in a hurry and with allot of attitude. Be prepared to get hit and hit hard because they will bring it. Eagle are a tough draw for anyone you had better play your best game of the season to beat them.

Oh Eastern will have to play flawless football to beat West Craven! Eastern is one year away. But anything an happen. They are young but they are also very athletic. Lots of good skill players . Most of the touchdowns that was scored on their D was second third string. It's going to be a lot closer than people think!

I'm sorry I'm just not scared of a team that is undefeated and the best team they played had 7 wins then they had 2 games where the difference was like 10
Points against 5 win and 6 win teams I just can't lol

Our whole schedule was good except maybe Washington swansboro Richlands and white oak (new Bern had a down year but still was pretty alright defensive wise)

Havelock opponents record

Washington: 3-8(38-0)
New Bern: 5-6(38-8)
New Hanover: 8-4(37-7)
Jh rose:7-4(30-25)
NorthSide Jacksonville: 9-3(28-0)
West Carteret:7-5 (64-26)
White oak:1-9(42-7)
Richlands:2-9(56-13)
West Craven: 12-0(21-28)
Swansboro:3-8(74-3)
Jacksonville:8-4(41-6)
PLAY OFFS
Walter M. Williams:6-6(42-14)

Havelock is battle tested orange was battle tested by teams they should have killed

Jh rose still in playoffs
NorthSide Jacksonville still in playoffs
Jacksonville still in playoffs
West Craven still in playoffs

I'm not saying orange cant win or won't win all I'm saying is give me one team they played that was actually
Good like havelock has played great athletes all year long so orange isn't scaring no one with their size or height we will just see what happens later on tonight that's all I'm gonna say I still think havelock wins 35-21

Rams plan a simple. Your right I looked and compared Orange schedule on max preps. Did not play any really good teams. Havelock in this one.

Rams plan a simple. Your right I looked and compared Orange schedule on max preps. Did not play any really good teams. Havelock in this one.
The teams that play in this area usually play a real tough non conference schedules. Don"t Sleep on Orange or Eastern Alamance!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT