ADVERTISEMENT

Hate

Who talks more about the things they claim to despise?

• Atheists talking about the Lord

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Shelby posters talking about Reidsville

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters
Hmmm...what is your definition of continuing? A 3 decade (30 year) gap doesn't meet the definition of continuous on any planet. Nice try. 1/3 of the presented time frame with no title...lol. Wait....not just no title...not even a championship game appearance.....couldn't even sniff the title game for 30 STRAIGHT years. Wow and he has the audacity to say Reidsville has had sustained success....hahaha.

True facts are true facts buddy....no matter where they are written. Your 30 year gap certainly shows up in the NCHSAA record book....you know...where your name doesn't show up under championship titles for 30 straight years.

However you are correct....Reidsville was winning championships....most of the 20...before facemask were invented and the players were wearing leather helmets. Shortly after the "modern era" of football was introduced Reidsville's 30 year drought of championships/championship game appearances began nullifying you from any capital debates. Again....congrats on being the Princeton of North Carolina high school football.

Again, all I see here is a team that had 30 years to catch up and championships and still couldnt pull it off. Good luck next week!

Pathetic excuse for a "continuous" THIRTY YEAR ABSENCE from even playing in a title game....lol. Is that the best you can do?

Hmmm...what is your definition of continuing? A 3 decade (30 year) gap doesn't meet the definition of continuous on any planet. Nice try. 1/3 of the presented time frame with no title...lol. Wait....not just no title...not even a championship game appearance.....couldn't even sniff the title game for 30 STRAIGHT years. Wow and he has the audacity to say Reidsville has had sustained success....hahaha.

True facts are true facts buddy....no matter where they are written. Your 30 year gap certainly shows up in the NCHSAA record book....you know...where your name doesn't show up under championship titles for 30 straight years.

However you are correct....Reidsville was winning championships....most of the 20...before facemask were invented and the players were wearing leather helmets. Shortly after the "modern era" of football was introduced Reidsville's 30 year drought of championships/championship game appearances began nullifying you from any capital debates. Again....congrats on being the Princeton of North Carolina high school football.

So your saying Shelby didn't have a football program until your first championship? That's when you want to start counting? SMH. I'm sorry but history is history and nchsaa keeps those records for that reason. I guess your correct that Shelby doesn't have many gaps, it's hard to have gaps when you start winning as late as Shelby did.

Your like a low rent Johnnie Cochran trying to win the OJ case. Next you'll tell me if the helmet doesn't fit you must acquit. No doubt you must own an art gallery because you can put a frame around anything to make it look better than it really is, like Shelby. Keep preaching the "3 decades theory" but when people outside the state look to see who has the most successful football program in NC they will find Reidsville's name alone with the most championships. They don't even list second place.

So your saying Shelby didn't have a football program until your first championship? That's when you want to start counting? SMH. I'm sorry but history is history and nchsaa keeps those records for that reason. I guess your correct that Shelby doesn't have many gaps, it's hard to have gaps when you start winning as late as Shelby did.

Your like a low rent Johnnie Cochran trying to win the OJ case. Next you'll tell me if the helmet doesn't fit you must acquit. No doubt you must own an art gallery because you can put a frame around anything to make it look better than it really is, like Shelby. Keep preaching the "3 decades theory" but when people outside the state look to see who has the most successful football program in NC they will find Reidsville's name alone with the most championships. They don't even list second place.

You're right....just like when anyone looks to see who has the most NCAA titles and see Princeton and Yale....they become shocked...dig a little deeper...look up the dates of those titles and laugh....because they are prehistoric....just like the majority of Reidsville's. Success in high school football these days in North Carolina is synonymous with Shelby High school....not Reidsville. 30 year recent gaps kinda knock you outta the conversation. Facts not theories buddy. Theories are possibilities....a three straight decade recent gap actually happened for Reidsville. It can't be denied. Sorry.

I am Choked up! Speechless! I just rolled in from Shelby.... watched them whip another South Fork team and then listened to the overtime loss of North Lincoln to Burns on the radio as I was driving back. The South Fork is out and I’m sick over it!....and then... I read this! WOW!!!! Of course I want it! My old man still talks about that loss to this day! Jugg Wilson’s Glen Alpine team beat him and his Bears and he never got over it! I’ll reach out tomorrow. Thank You! Thank You! It’s gonna be the best Christmas gift Ever!!!!

Shoot me an email to tornadoduck72@gmail.com.

How did I miss this thread?

The battle of the bug leagues, the Fly lord vs the Gnat lord

Just for fun I did a little research on the NCHSAA page.... Now, I am old and half blind so I may have missed one or two here and there (damn that fine print) but here's what I came up with:

From about 1913 to 1977 there were two separate athletic associations in North Carolina - the NCHSAA and the WNCHSAA - and both had state champions.

So lets take a peek at that time frame.
In the NCHSAA state champions list, I found Reidsville listed 10 times:
1930 1931 1932 1937 1939 1940 1945 1950 1969 1970

In the WNCHSAA state champions list, I found Shelby listed 5 times:
1947 1968 1970 1972 1976. The apparently tied in 1975 so 6 times.

Now, for all intents and purposes, during a big chunk of that time, I would imagine most of those games were played by about 7 guys and a half deflated basketball, but whatever....

Both associations merged after 1977 so I guess this is what we should refer to as "The Modern Era"

During this timeframe I see Reidsville listed 7 times:
2002 2003 2007 2008 2009 2016 2018
I see Shelby listed 10 times:
1986 1987 1998 2005 2006 2013 2014 2015 2016 2018

So when you add all this up, I come up with Reidsville at 17 and Shelby as 15 (16 if you add the tie in there)

So from my perspective as an innocent bystander...I'd call it pretty much even.

Just for fun I did a little research on the NCHSAA page.... Now, I am old and half blind so I may have missed one or two here and there (damn that fine print) but here's what I came up with:

From about 1913 to 1977 there were two separate athletic associations in North Carolina - the NCHSAA and the WNCHSAA - and both had state champions.

Now, for all intents and purposes, during a big chunk of that time, I would imagine most of those games were played by about 7 guys and a half deflated basketball, but whatever....

Both associations merged after 1977 so I guess this is what we should refer to as "The Modern Era"

So when you add all this up, I come up with Reidsville at 17 and Shelby as 15 (16 if you add the tie in there)

Shelby won in '84 as well. It was a D2 title. Back then only #1 in conference made the playoffs. That year they took the second place teams in the conferences and made another bracket. It is really no different than today's watered down championships but some Shelby followers don't claim it in the list.

Sorry. The WNCHSAA was a Western Piedmont North Carolina conference.

Not exactly state wide. And the NCHSAA does not recognize its champions as state champions.

In fact your buddy 96Champion, who posts as theTRUEdynasty now, even made up a fictional meeting of the NCHSAA Board of Directors claiming the NCHSAA has recognized the WNCHSAA champions as state champions. And we all know what that got him.

The WNCHSAA was a great conference with a maximum membership of about 40 schools that had some truly great football teams. But state champions they were not.

Good luck against Shelby Friday. You will need it.

Let me settle the argument of “who is in someone’s head”.

From time to time, I google reidsville football just to see what’s out there. Many years ago that search led me to a years old newspaper article about the “legislative” declaration that Reidsville was the football capital/capitol.

the article was interesting enough but there was one recent comment on the article. It was by someone named 98whatever.

so if you read a three year old article about a declaration that isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. Then bother creating a profile on that site. Then go on the same diatribe that we see every other post on ncpreps. That my friend, is in someone’s head.

Reidsville has more championships than Shelby. Reidsville will continue to have more championships than Shelby. There is at least one copy of Dhag’s book floating around Shelby. In reading that book, you know that Reidsville has more victories than Shelby but many are lost due to poor record keeping.

Personally, I don’t google Shelby football. I don’t read Shelby football articles. I couldn’t name one player on shelby’s team.....but I bet 98whatever could tell you what Jimmy Teague ate for breakfast this morning.

These truths are self-evident. To quote my twitter friend......I’m just saying.

click my profile buddy. I’m not here 24/7
You bumping this thread, period. Everyone else is now preoccupied with discussing their opponent this week, buddy, hence this thread being inactive, until you started thinking about Shelby again, buddy.

The WNCHSAA was a great conference with a maximum membership of about 40 schools that had some truly great football teams. But state champions they were not.

Then the case has been settled. There were NO STATE CHAMPIONS during the existence of the WNCHSAA. The winner of the NCHSAA never had to play the winner of the WNCHSAA and vice versa so neither can claim to be a state champion. The WNCHSAA existed from 1932-1977. Damn Mule....that means 11 of Reidsville's claimed championships don't count. Ouch.

Reidsville's 3 decade absence (1971-2001) from championship play really does show up with this case now being settled.

So with the new criteria:
Shelby - 9 State Championships
Reidsville - 9 State Championships

I stand corrected....the elder has spoken. The WNCHSAA was formed in Dec. 1929 so Reidsville's first title in 1930 was not state wide. Sorry Mule.

1977 brought about the merger that put all public high schools in NC under one governing body. Since then

Shelby 10
Reidsville 7

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT