ADVERTISEMENT

Greeneville @ Pisgah

Per population they do if you would read the bottom. Its taken by how many kids went D1 divided by how many kids actually played football in the state over the last 4 year period. You don't have to believe me but take that up with the NCAA who released the Study

You’re the one who posted the original picture with no context. It is very sensible that a smaller sample size puts out more per capita. Basic statistics suggest that’s the case for all case study’s using population and per-capita.

You’re the one who posted the original picture with no context. It is very sensible that a smaller sample size puts out more per capita. Basic statistics suggest that’s the case for all case study’s using population and per-capita.
Sorry I didn't type out exactly what was on the bottom of the Picture of how the statistics were derived (I figured you could click and read). The sample Size is taken from The # of the Division 1 Mens Football Recruits from 2014-2017 divided by the entire number of boy football participants for each state so each state is treated the same. If a smaller sample size puts out more per-capita then Why is Georgia at 8.7 % and NC at 5.9% with the same population? Why isn't Vermont higher percentage since they only have a Population of less than 700,000 if its sensible they should put out more per capita with the smaller sample size

Last edited:
I have noticed Tennessee teams have alot more players on there roster. Example when the Elizabeton Maryville teams dwarfed the larger or at least equal Asheville teams. How about compare how many d1 recruits from percentage of players on teams, not people in the states.

When I lived in TN, there were more lax rules than NC on kids playing for both the JV and varsity team. Helps your numbers if you have a bunch of JV kids dressed out every Friday.

Mr. Bud is the adult that tells kindergartners that Santa isn't real. I believe my bears are gonna win every game this year and don't really care about Mr. Bud's "expert" opinion. I'll keep these Red Glasses on because the world looks a heckuva lot better in them than they do for the rest of you haters and losers. I've noticed a familiar trend with these Pisgah downtalkers, they're all sick of hearing about us from their co-workers. What I gather from that is 1. Pisgah fans work and 2. We must have a lot of fans if so many of you are hearing about us at work.

Reactions: appalum42
Mr. Bud is the adult that tells kindergartners that Santa isn't real. I believe my bears are gonna win every game this year and don't really care about Mr. Bud's "expert" opinion. I'll keep these Red Glasses on because the world looks a heckuva lot better in them than they do for the rest of you haters and losers. I've noticed a familiar trend with these Pisgah downtalkers, they're all sick of hearing about us from their co-workers. What I gather from that is 1. Pisgah fans work and 2. We must have a lot of fans if so many of you are hearing about us at work.
No way could you be a real Pisgah fan. No one could possibly be stupid enough to predict a Pisgah state championship.

We've got a game before Greenville.. good grief.

Honestly Pisgah is irrelevant in this argument. These Tenn guys come over here and talk trash about beating a team that will be lucky to get past the 2nd rd in NC. Talk trash to the good teams then get back.

I have noticed Tennessee teams have alot more players on there roster. Example when the Elizabeton Maryville teams dwarfed the larger or at least equal Asheville teams. How about compare how many d1 recruits from percentage of players on teams, not people in the states.

I noticed the same thing. No way a Poe dunk town like Greenville has that much talent and kids. They must jv up to boost numbers.

One thing about Tennessee that surprises me is that teams from the Memphis are not better than they are. That's a big city and very diverse. What's up with that?

One word Maryville. Greeneville beat a team from Memphis one year pretty bad in the state championship and Trezevant wanted to fight more than play football.

Devilfan101, please realize that 95% of posers (yes I meant posers not posters) are not Pisgah fans. We realize Greenville is coming to Canton next week. It will be a hard hitting game just like last year I'm sure. Most of the Nation is focused on RS Central for now.

Reactions: PBBear51
Guys been watching lot of tape, no way could greenville play with top 4a team in nc. They are good enough to be top-10 3a team, my opinion they could beat 98 percent of the 2a teams ,hilbriton probably could beat them with their speed.

Honestly Pisgah is irrelevant in this argument. These Tenn guys come over here and talk trash about beating a team that will be lucky to get past the 2nd rd in NC. Talk trash to the good teams then get back.
Magnum you seem to know a lot about high school football, it what order would you rank the top 5 teams in the mountains?

Asheville is a terrible example for roster size though. A school that size and with that much history should have a sideline full of kids, but they never do.

Asheville is a terrible example for roster size though. A school that size and with that much history should have a sideline full of kids, but they never do.

Asheville has about the same most other schools from wnc. Im pretty sure these Tenn schools dress jv players on Friday nights as well.

Devilfan101, please realize that 95% of posers (yes I meant posers not posters) are not Pisgah fans. We realize Greenville is coming to Canton next week. It will be a hard hitting game just like last year I'm sure. Most of the Nation is focused on RS Central for now.
You have the right to an opinion even though you’re wrong. Greeneville has about 850 students which puts them in 2a I’m Nc for the millionth time. Greeneville is a top 3 team in Tn regardless of classification. Go to Pisgah and watch the game next Friday and you will see for yourself. You don’t have that many D1 players and not be good

I think what some posters are trying to get at is if you're top 3 regardless of classification its hard to believe that when you schedule Pisgah, which probably isn't even a top 50 team in the state overall. Shelby is roughly the same size as Greeneville and went down to South Pointe Rock Hill last year and competed with a nationally ranked team which they had a chance to win until the fourth quarter. Greeneville is a good squad no doubt but why schedule a team like Pisgah when you know you're going to win favorably when you could go schedule top notch North Carolina programs

I think what some posters are trying to get at is if you're top 3 regardless of classification its hard to believe that when you schedule Pisgah, which probably isn't even a top 50 team in the state overall. Shelby is roughly the same size as Greeneville and went down to South Pointe Rock Hill last year and competed with a nationally ranked team which they had a chance to win until the fourth quarter. Greeneville is a good squad no doubt but why schedule a team like Pisgah when you know you're going to win favorably when you could go schedule top notch North Carolina programs

Coach Chapell only had a 10 game schedule last year. Tried to get Mitchell or Mountain Heritage to play us. Thought he had a commitment from one team in Tennessee but they backed out.So since a former Pisgah player coaches at Greeneville he reached out to him and they agreed to schedule us after changing their schedule around.
So it was Pisgah that scheduled this game.I hope we do play them every year. Enjoyed the trip down there last year. Think in the long run a game like this helps you a lot better than playing Rosman or Hayesville like MH.But I understand this is the last year.

Coach Chapell only had a 10 game schedule last year. Tried to get Mitchell or Mountain Heritage to play us. Thought he had a commitment from one team in Tennessee but they backed out.So since a former Pisgah player coaches at Greeneville he reached out to him and they agreed to schedule us after changing their schedule around.
So it was Pisgah that scheduled this game.I hope we do play them every year. Enjoyed the trip down there last year. Think in the long run a game like this helps you a lot better than playing Rosman or Hayesville like MH.But I understand this is the last year.
Everyone is scared to play Pisgah lol . did you call travis Pittman and joey Robinson they are afraid of Pisgah but they play Franklin and hend and Erwin you are a idiot. Stop trying to make Pisgah look big ,everyone knows they have done nothing in a decade. You got real hard schedule enka ,rd central. I know for a fact Reynolds has been trying to get Chappell to play them he is scared, also he wants none of Erwin.

Last edited:
Squirrel. Asheville has an average roster for WNC but when I go to there game vs the TN schools and they literally have 100 kids dressed out and take up the whole half of the field to do warm up stretches and they claim they have 800 kids in the whole school, what gives?

Everyone is scared to play Pisgah lol
You have the right to an opinion even though you’re wrong. Greeneville has about 850 students which puts them in 2a I’m Nc for the millionth time. Greeneville is a top 3 team in Tn regardless of classification. Go to Pisgah and watch the game next Friday and you will see for yourself. You don’t have that many D1 players and not be good
Because you are a division 1 player in high school does not mean you are always better, lot of times that's base on protential

Last edited:
1. Reynolds
2. Hendersonville or Erwin
3. Heritage or Pisgah
4. Murphy
5. Mitchell
I hope your not talking about the same Ewrin High School that came over to TN twice in 2016 and got waxed by Both Science Hill and Ooltewah. Greeneville Knows about AC Reynolds too since Coach McCurry Came to Greeneville in 2007 and went over and scrimmaged them that year. Not impressed

Squirrel. Asheville has an average roster for WNC but when I go to there game vs the TN schools and they literally have 100 kids dressed out and take up the whole half of the field to do warm up stretches and they claim they have 800 kids in the whole school, what gives?
I believe Asheville canceled their JV games because they didn't have enough players.

What the hell kinda answer is that? I said nothing about the size of Greenville. Smdh. Just continue arguing with the rest of the morons.

I know 0 ....Zero about Greenville but a school that has 850 kids (same as RS and Shelby 850 kids last year ) and has what 10 D1 kids that’s amazing. But the talk of recruiting IDK but if there is other high schools in the country and they all stink and this one school that is awesome that anyone can attend (if you pay ) has all these athletes it’s pretty obvious why they are soo good. Heck if every kid in Cleveland county could attend 1 school that would be about the same thing cause most of the good athletes are gonna attend this one school and be unstoppable. It’s just kinda a weird situation to me. Nonetheless congrats on having a awesome team

I know 0 ....Zero about Greenville but a school that has 850 kids (same as RS and Shelby 850 kids last year ) and has what 10 D1 kids that’s amazing. But the talk of recruiting IDK but if there is other high schools in the country and they all stink and this one school that is awesome that anyone can attend (if you pay ) has all these athletes it’s pretty obvious why they are soo good. Heck if every kid in Cleveland county could attend 1 school that would be about the same thing cause most of the good athletes are gonna attend this one school and be unstoppable. It’s just kinda a weird situation to me. Nonetheless congrats on having a awesome team
Go do some research on the Greene County Schools. The academics in Greeneville is the best in Tn as of 2017! If I were in school again and wanted to further my hopes in any kind of sport it’s at Greeneville hands down. They had over 70 College Coaches come in over the winter from D-1 down for some of the best players Tn has to offer.

Chuckey Doak- 600 kids
North Greene- 400 kids
South Greene- 500 kids
West Greene- 700 kids
Greeneville- 850 kids
When you have almost 3000 kids to pick from its a bit of an advantage. We should do that with our county and Tuscola and send all of the good players in Haywood County to Pisgah...... actually nevermind it wouldn't help us any with their sorry team

Chuckey Doak- 600 kids
North Greene- 400 kids
South Greene- 500 kids
West Greene- 700 kids
Greeneville- 850 kids
When you have almost 3000 kids to pick from its a bit of an advantage. We should do that with our county and Tuscola and send all of the good players in Haywood County to Pisgah...... actually nevermind it wouldn't help us any with their sorry team
They were actually trying to take all 4 county schools and combine them. But it was shot down at the last voting. Was going to cost 100million dollars. Kids would have been on buses for forever. Greene county is the biggest county in the state.

We have 3 high schools in Rutherford county and it’s pretty much open enrollment for all the high schools. Don’t matter where you live but if you live out of district you have to find a ride to school. And all the schools are not very good. East Rutherford would probably be the top. My son did say that all the football players should get together and form a team but no one wants to leave their school Lol

Chuckey Doak- 600 kids
North Greene- 400 kids
South Greene- 500 kids
West Greene- 700 kids
Greeneville- 850 kids
It doesn't exactly work the way your portraying it. The high school only has so many students that can attend it because of the safe and legal capacity it can hold. You can't just pay a tuition and attend. To get into the city school system you have to start applying in Elementary School (current wait list just to get in). Education wise the difference between the city and county school system is night and day. (County School Director's own kids attend City Schools). A lot of parents don't have the time to drive their kids 1 hr one way to let them attend a city school also. It's not like Greeneville High has 3,000 kids to choose from like your making it sound. (If so Greeneville would be even better than they already are). A lot of Hardwork, training, and great coaching has Greeneville were they are now. 2007 was when a culture change happened In Greeneville thanks to Coach McCurry, Ballard, Bentley, Hammonds, Spradlen.

Reactions: proudACRdad15
And a transfer from NC. I wish he would of made it to the VOLS.

No wonder they are so good. Spare me the hard work bs. All teams work hard. When you get the best players from an entire county you should be unstoppable.

Reactions: WNCfballFan
It doesn't exactly work the way your portraying it. The high school only has so many students that can attend it because of the safe and legal capacity it can hold. You can't just pay a tuition and attend. To get into the city school system you have to start applying in Elementary School (current wait list just to get in). Education wise the difference between the city and county school system is night and day. (County School Director's own kids attend City Schools). A lot of parents don't have the time to drive their kids 1 hr one way to let them attend a city school also. It's not like Greeneville High has 3,000 kids to choose from like your making it sound. (If so Greeneville would be even better than they already are). A lot of Hardwork, training, and great coaching has Greeneville were they are now. 2007 was when a culture change happened In Greeneville thanks to Coach McCurry, Ballard, Bentley, Hammonds, Spradlen.

I'll bet my house a D1's money is taken before anyone else's....

If I’m not mistaken Coach Ballard and his son Live in the county as well. But both Cade and his sisters have always went to a city school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT