ADVERTISEMENT

Gaffney vs Mallard Creek

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
1-1 Gaffney will take on 1-2 Mallard Creek. Gaffney appears to be struggling as they won over a team in S.C. ( SCISA) 4A Hammond 14-7. Gaffney also had a big loss to South Pointe 47-26. . Mallard Creek is not a bad team as they just about beat South Pointe. I’m thinking Mallard Creek will take this one. Any thoughts.

Last edited:
Gaffney is not the Gaffney from last year that's for sure. They are struggling on offense and Mallard Creek defense will make things tough. This is a crucial stretch for the Indians as they could possibly lose their next 4 games ( Mallard Creek, Northwestern, Ft Dorchester and Spartanburg) the game should be close because it is in Gaffney, but still I like Mallard Creek in this game. Imo

Mallard Creek 28
Gaffney 17

1-1 Gaffney will take on 1-2 Mallard Creek. Gaffney appears to be struggling as they won over a team in S.C. ( SCISA) 4A Hammond 14-7. Gaffney also had a big loss to South Pointe 47-26. . Mallard Creek is not a bad team as they just about beat South Pointe. I’m thinking Mallard Creek will take this one. Any thoughts.
Hammond is usually really stout. Don’t look into that much. Rooting for Creek!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Gaffney is not the Gaffney from last year that's for sure. They are struggling on offense and Mallard Creek defense will make things tough. This is a crucial stretch for the Indians as they could possibly lose their next 4 games ( Mallard Creek, Northwestern, Ft Dorchester and Spartanburg) the game should be close because it is in Gaffney, but still I like Mallard Creek in this game. Imo

Mallard Creek 28
Gaffney 17
That is a pretty tough stretch. Both teams really being tested first half of the schedule. I think MC takes this one.

Need to get back to Spartanburg someday. Miss the Beacon Drive-In.

How does Gaffney go from beating DF in the ship to this years team? Did they lose key coaches as well as personnel?

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
How does Gaffney go from beating DF in the ship to this years team? Did they lose key coaches as well as personnel?
Seem to be way down in numbers. I think Creek may have dressed double what Gaffney had. QB was very good, D1 arm. Duke commit.

This is a very good, very fast Creek defense. I think its the best DB group collectively in the school history. They can fly, tackle and are very well coached. 3 picks tonight. 4 and 1 at LB are very long and can fly.

The offense is limited. They really struggled up front. Don't have a real gamebreaker in the backfield and the QB is just young. That said, 4 straight on the road against 3 very good teams and they are 2-2 and healthy. I'll take it.

Seem to be way down in numbers. I think Creek may have dressed double what Gaffney had. QB was very good, D1 arm. Duke commit.

This is a very good, very fast Creek defense. I think its the best DB group collectively in the school history. They can fly, tackle and are very well coached. 3 picks tonight. 4 and 1 at LB are very long and can fly.

The offense is limited. They really struggled up front. Don't have a real gamebreaker in the backfield and the QB is just young. That said, 4 straight on the road against 3 very good teams and they are 2-2 and healthy. I'll take it.
Better secondary than the one with Brian Walker, Ant Covington, Tony Ried, and Mattison? That was one of the best secondaries seen in Charlotte from what I have seen. Regardless, Creek DBs must be great if you are even mentioning that.

creek QB young? I thought he was a senior transfer from Latin..or maybe you were referring to Gaffney.

Better secondary than the one with Brian Walker, Ant Covington, Tony Ried, and Mattison? That was one of the best secondaries seen in Charlotte from what I have seen. Regardless, Creek DBs must be great if you are even mentioning that.

creek QB young? I thought he was a senior transfer from Latin..or maybe you were referring to Gaffney.
Yes! He came from Latin. The younger kid, who he was competing against was injured. He'll be cleared soon. He's well put together, built like a RB. Comes from great pedigree. His father played FB for the Falcons.

It's a small snap shot but #8 is a special player at FS and #11 is also a stud. Good eye discipline, tackle extremely well and don't get lost when the ball is in the air.

Gaffney isn't great on the edge but I like the QB more than I like the kid from Hough.

I personally think #8 is a bit undersized to be a huge D1 contributor because everyone has 6'4 relievers now but at the HS LEVEL he is elite.

Reactions: UNC_91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT