ADVERTISEMENT

Freedom

That's a well thought out staff (and looks like winners) but personally I'd make a call to Mt. Pilot while you're assembling this group and I'd put the Fun Girls in charge of the Cheerleaders. As long as you could keep Thelma Lou occupied on Friday nights that is..... 🤣🤣

house-flags-2,black,print-2022-10-16+c29e5992-091b-4589-8fb0-94e35bab7973,2d2d2d.jpeg

And people say Mt Airy is not a fun place!
And you Burke County people have figured out the Bears secret to success.
AND YOU ARE SHARING IT.
well, we don't have Old Man Kelsey's Creek up here, but we do have the Catawba River
bordering the stadium. None of Aunt Bees good old country cooking but Abele's does a mean breakfast bar... and last but not least there's no Floyd's Barber Shop here but Sains comes in at a close second!

If rumors turn out to be true can y'all please chauffeur him into the press conference in a Ford Galaxy police car 🤣🤣
Hot Fuzz Lol GIF by CBeebies HQ

• Haha
Reactions: patsfball
What I, a strong faithful Mt Airy Fan and supporter, does not understand: If this has been a done deal for at least a week or longer, why has there not been an announcement?
Why is there no hard know here in Mt Airy?
No team meetings?
No men, women, nor children crying as they walk down the street?

Maybe I am just holding out hope that the BEST Coach (ok, one of the best) in the State is staying put.
I have said for years that there is Heaven and then there is Mt Airy.

If he can do in 3A what he has in 1A then we will rank him high on the Best Coach thing.
Patriot Nation will be behind him, but this will be a different task. Wish him the very best
if he does come. If he doesn't back out, it's a done deal.
Mt Airy will be fine, great spot to coach

What I, a strong faithful Mt Airy Fan and supporter, does not understand: If this has been a done deal for at least a week or longer, why has there not been an announcement?
Why is there no hard know here in Mt Airy?
No team meetings?
No men, women, nor children crying as they walk down the street?

Maybe I am just holding out hope that the BEST Coach (ok, one of the best) in the State is staying put.
I have said for years that there is Heaven and then there is Mt Airy.
I'm curious if it's waiting on school board meeting

Reactions: buzzcoach
I gotta say i don't have a dog in this fight but I hope y'all take all of Mount airys lunch money. From their board they come across as some of the most arrogant ass's I've dealt with. And I have to deal with Shelby and Reidsville people every year.

I gotta say i don't have a dog in this fight but I hope y'all take all of Mount airys lunch money. From their board they come across as some of the most arrogant ass's I've dealt with. And I have to deal with Shelby and Reidsville people every year.
Really? Mt Airy people do not put any one else down. We may be proud of our guys accomplishments but we do not belittle anyone else.........except a lot of Bear guys do not put up or tolerate A-Holes throwing mud at our guys. If that is arrogant, so be it.

But I read a lot of the Catawba Valley and Cleveland County threads. OMG.

Really? Mt Airy people do not put any one else down. We may be proud of our guys accomplishments but we do not belittle anyone else.........except a lot of Bear guys do not put up or tolerate A-Holes throwing mud at our guys. If that is arrogant, so be it.

But I read a lot of the Catawba Valley and Cleveland County threads. OMG.
Before this last post did I say anything bad or derogatory towards y'all ?? No I just talked about coaching rumors and did so politely. But you're guy there really wants to throw mud and talk crap ??

Before this last post did I say anything bad or derogatory towards y'all ?? No I just talked about coaching rumors and did so politely. But you're guy there really wants to throw mud and talk crap ??
TD is rather sick at times and gets wound up in ways that comes out really wrong sometimes. Please do not judge all Mt Airy by him when he gets way out over his skies.

TD is rather sick at times and gets wound up in ways that comes out really wrong sometimes. Please do not judge all Mt Airy by him when he gets way out over his skies.
I really don't want to make more enemies 🤣 us Maiden folks are already hated in our area 🤣🤣. But we never back down to a challenger. U seem like a good person and fan. I personally have nothing against y'all.

Reactions: REWhitley
I really don't want to make more enemies 🤣 us Maiden folks are already hated in our area 🤣🤣. But we never back down to a challenger. U seem like a good person and fan. I personally have nothing against y'all.
I appreciate and enjoy your thoughts. I even pull for Maiden quite a lot because of the long term drive for excellency in your community, your school and your athletics. I even enjoyed all the "junk" about last years QB situation and transfer portal stuff. LOL

I appreciate and enjoy your thoughts. I even pull for Maiden quite a lot because of the long term drive for excellency in your community, your school and your athletics. I even enjoyed all the "junk" about last years QB situation and transfer portal stuff. LOL
Lol thanks. It's stuff we hear every year but I can guarantee any new player we have moved into our school district. 😂 we like the smoke and tell everyone to bring it. Yes we may fall a little short of championship but we also face a murderers row of teams in playoffs every year.

Reactions: REWhitley
This has definitely been a long, drawn out situation. Assumption might be the school board meeting approval before public announcement but not sure.

I think school board has meeting next Monday but not 100%

I have held out for the longest time and tried to ready the tea leaf's as to action.
I am now pretty convinced that Freedom is going to get one of the very best high school coaches in NC.
Burke County is a wonderful county, great people and if I did not live in Surry County, Burke and Valdese is where I would want to be. Lake Rhodhiss is my kind of Lake.

If it happens, congratulations.

If you like Lake Rhodhiss, try Lake James!
Yes, I have spent many a night camping and fishing on Lake James. Have said many times that "nothing could be finer than being on Lake James watching the Sun come up over Hawk Bill Mountain as I bring in another giant Crappie". I truly mean that if I did not live in Surry, I would live in Burke, most likely Valdese on Lake Rhodhiss.

I caught this fabulous catfish on a jug one time that took both hands to pull into the boat and I did not think there was enough room for us and it in the boat. About 2:30 in the morning in front of the Valdese Water Filtration Plant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT