ADVERTISEMENT

****Franklin vs Pisgah Rd2****

BiltmoreCANE

Jan 7, 2002
Game 2.....let the smack begin!

After a back and forth mostly favoring Pisgah in the 1H, the Panthers break thru for a TD. 7-0 Panthers 2Q.

7-0 Panthers H.

Pisgah move the 2nd half KO in easily for the score 7-7 3Q.

Franklins hits a bomb on a 3 & 20 for the score! 14-7 Panthers 4Q.

Final 14-7 Panthers....on to Rd3!

Last edited:
Thank goodness at least there's a reason to check message boards...by the way congrats on a road win vs the weakest #6 in the history of football..but come on OVER Friday..we look forward to a good ballgame..hope the QB IS HEALTHY..

Reactions: FranklinFAN
One missed pass? You need to immediately check into rehab!!! Franklin basically didn't try to score in 2nd half..we threw one pass because it was fairly clear that 17 points were beyond plenty..but hey smoke drink and tell yourself whatever you need to to feel good cause Friday will be here soon..if you need a ride to hibriten for 3rd round we can pick you up at burger king...so MILL TOWN BIG BLACK PISGAH NATION. whatever the flavor is come enjoy your opportunity and accept the facts..franklin will be 13-0 & bball will be underway in MILL TOWN pilltown methel whatever the heck you wanna call that hole in the earth ...but hey 7-6 isn't bad

You better hope your starter is back for the Franklin game, they held the Smoky QB down and I promise you he is better than your freshman or your junior for that matter![

We're not Smoky.They have no defense we do You should have figured that out first game when we held you to 17 points and zero in second half..Our defense is better now than it was then.

What does your QB situation have to do with the defensive side of the ball? The bears held Franklin to 17 points because Franklin only needed 17 points!! I'd say Brooks will have his guys ready to play this week with about 45 points on his mind, there won't be any letting up like last game or just trying to run the clock out!

What does your QB situation have to do with the defensive side of the ball? The bears held Franklin to 17 points because Franklin only needed 17 points!! I'd say Brooks will have his guys ready to play this week with about 45 points on his mind, there won't be any letting up like last game or just trying to run the clock out!

Because defense wins games maybe you will figure that out Friday.Guess you needed points in second half in all though other games where you scored points in the second half like those 31 points last night against Smoky.Maybe those 20 against Asheville,14 against Murphy or those 28 against Swain.All games where you were leading at half.
Pisgah was the only team that shut you down in second half.

Apparently I listened to a different ballgame. The delusional teddy bears think the game was a nail biter. They conveniently forget they scored on the last play of the game and it was so meaningless they weren’t even allowed to kick the extra point. Coach Brooks may shut down the offense again Friday night but it will be because he’s put the back ups in!

first of all nobody said I was a Franklin fan...I just know that Franklin turns it on come playoff time and the outcome is going to be domination by Franklin! you will need more than one meaningless pass to beat them at home.

Franklin turns it on come playoff time huh? How's that worked out for em? 1 state championship in their history. Boy thats turning it on.
That statement would be true if were said about Cleveland county area teams.

Reactions: PBBear51
I don't know Franklin's history except the most recent history ie.. dominating all of WNC on the football field including the Pisgah Bears! Let me clear up my last statement they turn it on and will beat Pisgah by at least 2 touchdowns.

Reactions: W.I.R.
first of all nobody said I was a Franklin fan...I just know that Franklin turns it on come playoff time and the outcome is going to be domination by Franklin! you will need more than one meaningless pass to beat them at home.
Yeah I can see what your saying because they have so many championship game appearances and titles. lol

Why do the Bear fans act like they are some elite program?

Pisgah 2 state titles last in 76, 13 conference titles.

Franklin 1 state title in 76, 8 conference titles.

Not a huge difference between the 2 programs over the years. Quit acting like you’re N.C. HS football royalty!

Nobody said Pisgah was an elite program. Dont believe our fans for the most part act like they are either. Everyone on this website loves to hate on Pisgah. We just defend our team team just the same as you.
You Franklin fans act like your team is the elite squad. Other than winning conference championships; what has Franklin really done that other teams in the mountains haven't? The only teams in the mtns that have bragging rights is Murphy, Swain,ACR and Asheville. Mtn Heritage has had a good run as of late. But once again what has Franklin done? Conference titles in a apparently weak conference(according to everyone here on preps), thats real impressive.

I have seriously got to know why you Bears always clowning Franklin’s state Title situation??? Are you guys delusional?
It’s 2 to 1.
Neither since Ford or Carter in office.

Reactions: W.I.R.
After Friday night we will have beaten Pisgah as many times in 2017 than y'all have beaten us in 10 years...hopefullu y'all wear your county championship hoodies with " County CHAMPS " on front and
" But can't beat Franklin " on the back

Ready for a warm up for South Point or Shelby. We have a new running back this week that I've heard is the real deal. His name is Chett Brappel and he is a stud. Can't find his birth certificate but he will definitely help Henson in the backfield. Good luck stopping him, he's a stud.

I have seriously got to know why you Bears always clowning Franklin’s state Title situation??? Are you guys delusional?
It’s 2 to 1.
Neither since Ford or Carter in office.

First Pisgah has won four state champions to your one.That one was because you had a former Pisgah Assistant ,coach, who learned how to run the ND box under Compton.You are the one that keeps talking about it .

Reactions: PBBear51
After Friday night we will have beaten Pisgah as many times in 2017 than y'all have beaten us in 10 years...hopefullu y'all wear your county championship hoodies with " County CHAMPS " on front and
" But can't beat Franklin " on the back
...[/Q
Pisgahs Record against the little pussycats is 11-10 .After Friday it will be 12-10

For goodness sakes quit living in the far distant past...can we at least keep in this century..bottom line not a DAMN THING from the past matters Friday night..its zero -zero..winner moves on loser goes home..so KEEP living in the era of the Flintstones or face reality..franklin has been your daddy lately and with your attitude your bout to get another whipping Friday night..no crying please..and then please go quietly back to pill town or methel and have a wonderful holiday season..see you in THE PIT on FRIDAY

So with your logic y'all are winning because you have a coach who's from rosman? Hard to follow yalls logic..but kinda easy to follow your offense..as it never goes far against franklin ...it will need GPS to find endzone on Friday night... so your radio guys call you BIG BLACK PISGAH NATION MILL TOWN..Id say lately it's been more like Franklin's b...h

WIR, if not a Damn Thing matters from the past this friday night. Then why do y'all keep beating your chests about it?
Hey Franklin, why dont y'all do something impressive. Like actually make it to a championship game this decade. You don't even have to win it just make it. Lets us know when that happens.

When exactly is last time Pisgah won state title or played for it? We don't judge our season on state title..we attempt to win conference win as many games as possible and get maximum effort outta kids every week..based on that id say mission accomplished..kinda like yalls team goals
1 beat TUSCOLA
2 beat TUSCOLA
3 beat TUSCOLA
4 beat TUSCOLA
5 beat TUSCOLA
6 order county champ hoodies

See we both have attainable goals..
The state title arguments are hideous..but I guess when you get treated like "little brother" and beat all the time..you gotta have something to defend yourselves with..so I guess MILL TOWN BIG BLACK PISGAH NATION...GEEZ MAKE UP YOUR MIND ..can head to F TOWN WINNERVILLE HOME OF PERFECTION BIG RED..OH HELL WHO CARES WE JUST PLAIN PANTHER FANS Who enjoy beating the almighty bears.."who's your daddy " Pisgah..FRANKLIN

For goodness sakes quit living in the far distant past...can we at least keep in this century..bottom line not a DAMN THING from the past matters Friday night..its zero -zero..winner moves on loser goes home..so KEEP living in the era of the Flintstones or face reality..franklin has been your daddy lately and with your attitude your bout to get another whipping Friday night..no crying please..and then please go quietly back to pill town or methel and have a wonderful holiday season..see you in THE PIT on FRIDAY

Your the one that keeps bringing up the past not us.

Like I said let's at least keep it this century and even this decade or we can talk about 3 weeks ago because trust me y'all will be like Casper the ghost and disappear after Friday unless we find y'all on the basketball boards

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT