ADVERTISEMENT

February Girls basketball scores

Wrong sport dude…
Who was HC of that orange/blue team?

Found it. Was Bulla’s last game.
just checked I see yal play farmville central next week I believe....yal think its gonna be a good game? I would think so since last year s 1a title apperance...how did yal do in your christmas tournament?

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
1/3
Grimsley 54, Eastern Guilford 45
Bishop McGuinness 60, College Prep and Leadership Academy 13
Rockingham County 55, WS Atkins 40
Mount Tabor 56, East Forsyth 46
West Forsyth 40, Glenn 29
North Stokes 42, McMichael 28
Asheboro 46, Eastern Randolph 38

1/5
N Guilford 79 NW Guilford 39
Grimsley 37 Ragsdale 29
W Guilford 61 Page 58
HP Andrews 49 N Forsyth 17
Greensboro Day 55 Wesleyan Christian 45
HP Christian 60 Forsyth Country Day 30
Caldwell Academy 37 Calvary Day 25
S Guilford 43 Atkins 39
Rockingham Co 58 E Guilford 32
Bishop Mcguiness 60 Bethany Community 21
WS Reynolds 51 Glenn 41
Parkland 35 E Forsyth 31
MT Tabor 64 Davie 41
W Forsyth 42 Reagan 35
Oak Grove 80 Asheboro 13

just checked I see yal play farmville central next week I believe....yal think its gonna be a good game? I would think so since last year s 1a title apperance...how did yal do in your christmas tournament?
I watched FC on YouTube against Reidsville. Based on that.....

I think it will be "interesting". I do think the Cats can make it a "good" interesting. However, I think FC's the favorite. Should be a fun, fun game to watch (if nothing else).

ER took two out of three over the holidays. Lost to Lee County in opening round.

I saw the first half on NFHS and you guys looked good. You all seemed to wear down Union before halftime.
Union isn’t a shabby team though and I can def see them making some noise come playoff time.
Both teams have guard and post play, with decent defense.
Both teams appear to be a top 8 team in the west region

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I saw the first half on NFHS and you guys looked good. You all seemed to wear down Union before halftime.
Union isn’t a shabby team though and I can def see them making some noise come playoff time.
Both teams have guard and post play, with decent defense.
Both teams appear to be a top 8 team in the west region
UA is a very solid team. Good guard play and solid bigs. I’m happy 32 is back she missed most of last season with an injury but she is a big time player

1/10
N Guilford 57 SW Guilford 34
Smith 58 S Guilford 14
Atkins 53 E Guilford 37
SE Guilford 61 Ragsdale 60
Grimsley 67 W Guilford 52
MT Tabor 59 Glenn 21
McMichael 56 Morehead 26
WS Reynolds 44 E Forsyth 30

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
1/12
Triad Basketball Academy 61 Vandalia Christian 42
HP Christian 76 Asheville School 40
Forsyth Country Day 53 Caldwell Academy 43
SE Guilford 43 NW Guilford 34
SW Guilford 56 Ragsdale 31
Grimsley 36 Page 32
N Guilford 80 W Guilford 25
E Forsyth 45 Glenn 38
S Guilford 46 E Guilford 39
Dudley 54 Rockingham Co 27
Bishop Mcguiness 57 Piedmont Classical 16
Reidsville 45 W Stokes 35
Smith 60 HP Central 5
NE Guilford 38 Atkins 32
HP Andrews 61 Andrews 17

1/16
NW Guilford 60 Page 53
Smith 71 College Prep & Leadership Academy 13
Piedmont Classical 58 Cornerstone Charter 31
Grace Christian 89 Wesleyan Christian 39

1/16
A shout out to South Iredell girls with their 1st conference win. 64-55 over AL Brown. Kayden Johnson scored 30 points for South.

Final Lake Norman 66 West Cabarrus 37.
West Cabarrus played LN tough for 1st half or so of the game. They are a scrappy team. But LN pulled it out big in the 2nd half. I felt like LN didn’t have their best game but started looking better as the game went in the 2nd half.

FINAL
#1 Grace Christian of Sanford 60
#10 Bishop McGuinness 43

Adelaide Jernigan led the Villains with 20 points including three 3-pointers. The Villains drop to 12-2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Grace is on another level compared to other NC HS teams. Not only is Strong the number 1 player in the class of 24, they also have a very strong supporting cast.
However, after watching the game I don’t see anyone beating Bishop in 1A this year. It’s pretty impressive to only be down by 2 at halftime against Grace.
Grace just defeated a good HP Wesleyan team by 40 on Wednesday.

Have a question: how does a girls team win by 101 points and score 119 points in a 32 minute game with a running clock?

Have a question: how does a girls team win by 101 points and score 119 points in a 32 minute game with a running clock?
That is a good question. I would like to see the score by quarter breakdown. Interesting that the loser hit 6 threes and no twos or FTs.

Press relentlessly after every inbounds play and every made or missed shot. Don’t sub your best players or force your team to run sets. The other team gets demoralized they sub and the beating continues until zeros on the clock

Bench actually played most of the game there's just not much drop off. And nantahala just don't have enough students to be competitive I don't know why we play them

Bench actually played most of the game there's just not much drop off. And nantahala just don't have enough students to be competitive I don't know why we play them
Doesn’t matter….tells me all I need to know about the coach and athletic director. Can’t score that many points with a running clock without intentionally embarrassing the opponent

Reactions: sbbbfan
That's unfortunate I get high school is competitive but your still teaching the game. In that situation like this run sets w/minimum 10 passes no layups before you can shoot. On defense no zone man up no stealing force players to move feet. If you get beat or use your hands you get subbed. Many things that can be done to rather having a layup line...

I have more respect for cherokee than that as a program. Pull up JV players to play that game or something. We are one of the highest scoring teams in the state and south stanly is way down don’t tell me there isn’t much drop off either that’s an excuse easily controlled especially with a running clock.

Conference game probably.
The Big Smokey is required to play each Little Smokey school once per year so that the LSMC teams can get a schedule. These also must be scattered throughout the regular season. The teams have the option of scheduling a second game. These are not conference games.

Next week for Albemarle WBB

11/23 vs North Stanly at Pfeiffer University
11/25 vs Bishop Mcguiness
11/27 vs ? Still working on a varsity girls game

Reactions: 3daughters
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT