ADVERTISEMENT

**Fairmont @ South Columbus **

GuardTrapStallion

Sep 1, 2017
Fairmont comes to Civitan Stadium this Friday for Homecoming. We’re finally done with the cupcake stretch of the season and it’s back to some competitive football. Fairmont brings a strong team with their typical air raid play style, Stallions looked a little weak on the pass defense. Will we improve the Pass D and start to throw the ball more on Offense?

Gonna be fun to watch. I think coach Dove prepares SC to adjust likes he's done the past year. Fairmont can be very dangerous in the air and I promise you SC will not take them lightly. They should come out fired up in front of a big homecoming crowd. Fine tuned and ready to play hard nose football.

Reactions: GuardTrapStallion
I'll be there Friday night. I think SC defense will get stretched this week vs lond passes. QB from Fairmont can scramble and throw. That's when they seem to complete the long ball. 2 very good rec. But that what SC built for,should be good game.

Gonna be fun to watch. I think coach Dove prepares SC to adjust likes he's done the past year. Fairmont can be very dangerous in the air and I promise you SC will not take them lightly. They should come out fired up in front of a big homecoming crowd. Fine tuned and ready to play hard nose football.
Agreed, I’m expecting a high scoring game for both teams. This one makes me nervous though, we need to go to the air more and defend the pass better. I believe fairmont has at least one really good WR

I hope they keep the cheap shots to a minimum. We have a few kids that play with a chip on their shoulder and the result could be a little ugly. I think we handle them fairly easily. Around 3TD's.

Fairmont has a bunch of weapons. Got to pressure the QB or he will have a field day. Fairmont will not stop the SC, they will hope to out score you. Fairmont Coach said after the EB game that this was the best they played all year. Not sure if they are trending upward or it was an aberration. We will see Friday night.

Fairmont always has good athletes, you can never count them out. If they can score touchdowns as quick as they did against East Bladen, they can do it against about anybody. They may be the team that can score quick better than anybody in our conference. You don't want this to be a tight game in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: WINGT Tradition
Got to say that Deerhunter calls it like he sees it, lol. Doesn't matter who is playing, he tells you who he simply thinks the better team is and who he thinks will win it.

SC. 35--14 over Fairmont. I might be wrong on SC defense giving up 14 though. Good luck SC bring it home.

Fairmont is trying to pull it off, last I heard 41 - 34 SC.

41-34 final. Stallions had a turnover to start the second half and fairmont just kept chunking it up. Their wideouts simply out jumping our DB's for the ball. You guys must've had some turnovers to allow St Pauls to play that close with you guys tonight Phantom, figured it wouldn't be close.

Happy that we pulled this one out. I forgot that we had homecoming scheduled for this game when I was making my prediction. Bad call IMO having it this week against a tough opponent. We should have had it next weekend against South Robeson. Overall a litle scare will be good for the team heading further.

#4 & # #5 for Fairmont definitely need to be catching a ball at the next level. SC controlled the ball most of the game and had a couple of turnovers. Fairmont scores quick and no excuses but we had some really really bad officiating. Neither here nor there it's a W but Fairmont has a good team.

Reactions: Days of Thunder
I told u their rec. pretty good especially #5 he good. QB ain't bad either but I thought u would take it to them pretty good. Win is win close games build character for team. Looks more and more like Whiteville game will be BIG.

In our defense to tonight against St Paul's, not an excuse. We had a tragedy with a student that went school at EB. Sixteen year old Jared Allen got killed in an automobile accident this morning coming to school. Bad day for students at school today..

In our defense to tonight against St Paul's, not an excuse. We had a tragedy with a student that went school at EB. Sixteen year old Jared Allen got killed in an automobile accident this morning coming to school. Bad day for students at school today..
Ahhh man...I hate that. I had no idea. That is as tough as it gets. Wow. Really sorry to hear that.

Pretty tough to get these young athletes up for a game after the events that unfolded. The shock of losing a classmate.

Really sorry to hear that PE. I feel so bad for the kids friends and family.

Witnessed an incredible moment. Last year a high school junior collapsed at her softball practice causing severe brian damage. She had to learn to do everything over again. At South we witnessed that same young lady walk across the football field and win home coming queen. It was truly an amazing moment to watch.
God is good!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT