ADVERTISEMENT

Erwin vs ACR

Watched about 5 times. Where was the block in the back
Actually, there are 2. One takes place beside the returner at the 25 second mark at the 25 yard line, the 2nd is just ahead of him as he is cutting back at the 27 second mark at the 12 yard line. Not sure if either of those is the one called, but both are pretty easy to spot on the video provided by ai1015 and took place near the runner.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Actually, there are 2. One takes place beside the returner at the 25 second mark at the 25 yard line, the 2nd is just ahead of him as he is cutting back at the 27 second mark at the 12 yard line. Not sure if either of those is the one called, but both are pretty easy to spot on the video provided by ai1015 and took place near the runner.

The one at the 12 yard line was called, and it seemed correct based on the video.

The one at the 12 yard line was called, and it seemed correct based on the video.
I saw the flag being thrown, but wasn't sure because the Erwin fans keep saying it was a "phantom call" and demanding someone to point it out. It's the block that cleared the way into the end zone and is REALLY easy to see ("blatant" is a good word for it).

Erwin kid followed the ACR kid across the field and leveled him with a hit to the back, is that seriously being denied on here?

I'm shocked you would side against us since have been bashing Erwin all season because of some mysterious scrimmage trophy you guys are touting. Remember rose colored glasses. What made this play so important was CJ made an amazing
Int return to end the half to have it negated on a call that would not be made 95% of the time. I don't think Reynolds would have recovered from that because Erwin got the ball back right after half. Ahscougar had a point about the call from Sexton even though he had to throw his typical hidden jab in about the conference titles, he was right. Coach's were as much a part of the reason Erwin lost as the officiating.

The Erwin fans should be mad about the refs but you can't control that, your coach/staff is something you control and that call ended up being the straw that broke the camels back. If y'all don't win a conference championship this year it was on the head coach if you ask me. I'm shocked you guys aren't more angry about that than the officials.

Reactions: BD Warrior
Funny no one mentions the TD that ACR scored that wasn't called. 4th and goal at the two and we punch it in but the officials never signal it. I was on the goal line and video confirmed it was a TD. However the officials never signaled it, so it happened both ways. The officials didn't hold Erwin scoreless in the 4th quarter with a 21 point lead, that's all on Erwin. I agree calls were missed both ways, but with Erwins offense you can't be shutout in a quarter and allow the other team 21 points, shouldn't happen, period.

Reactions: BD Warrior
The Erwin fans should be mad about the refs but you can't control that, your coach/staff is something you control and that call ended up being the straw that broke the camels back. If y'all don't win a conference championship this year it was on the head coach if you ask me. I'm shocked you guys aren't more angry about that than the officials.

I agree with you completely. That pisses me off too. Coach Sexton is smarter than that. On the final play that Reynolds scored on to tie the game he had all his secondary up at the line of scrimmage instead of in prevent. I had a very bad gut feeling they would score on that. Guess it's time to get over it even though it stung like a son of a b....Congrats Reynolds. We'll probably see you again.

I agree BD, no excuse to have the DB's not in a prevent defense. Although a few years back ACR was in prevent against Asheville and they scored on the first play from 80 yards out to win in the last few seconds, so I know the hurt!

On a side note, what did you Reynolds guys think of Isaiah Poore? This kid was so dominant in middle school and I talked him up big time but he is a rb in a pass heavy offense and never got his chance yet. Last Friday was a glimpse of what he used to look like when he got the ball more.

On a side note, what did you Reynolds guys think of Isaiah Poore? This kid was so dominant in middle school and I talked him up big time but he is a rb in a pass heavy offense and never got his chance yet. Last Friday was a glimpse of what he used to look like when he got the ball more.
He should have 4,000 rushing yards right now but god forbid Ferguson not throw it 55 times a game. He's a natural rb, he's not going to college as a slot receiver catching bubble passes 10 times a game

I agree somewhat. When you have a qb like that and receivers like CJ Thompson you have to use them. Poore is just so explosive though and if both the running game and passing game are going Erwin is about unstoppable on offense. If only the defense was the same.

I agree somewhat. When you have a qb like that and receivers like CJ Thompson you have to use them. Poore is just so explosive though and if both the running game and passing game are going Erwin is about unstoppable on offense. If only the defense was the same.
I agree they have multiple playmakers no question, but basically you have a low level d2 type qb and a low level d2 wide receiver overshadowing what could be a d1 caliber rb who has been incredibly handcuffed by his high schools offense.

I'm certainly not comparing him to kp parks who had 10,000 rushing yards, but if parks played in an offense that threw it 50 times a game it would really prevent him from showing what he could do too. Those are both small shifty backs, albeit parks was/is more powerful, he also is given the opportunity to carry the ball like a rb.

He definitely should be getting 20 carries a game minimum! He could carry the offensive load and give your much maligned defense time off the field! I know ACR or Asheville either one would love him in our backfields!

I look for Poore to get more touches from here on out. Next season he should have a huge year with Ferguson graduating. I don't see him transferring because he has said he loves Erwin and he would have by now. That's the way it should be I think.

Reactions: AHSDYNASY
I'm shocked you would side against us since have been bashing Erwin all season because of some mysterious scrimmage trophy you guys are touting. Remember rose colored glasses. What made this play so important was CJ made an amazing
Int return to end the half to have it negated on a call that would not be made 95% of the time. I don't think Reynolds would have recovered from that because Erwin got the ball back right after half. Ahscougar had a point about the call from Sexton even though he had to throw his typical hidden jab in about the conference titles, he was right. Coach's were as much a part of the reason Erwin lost as the officiating.
Here's a challenge for you: find where I have bashed Erwin. I have said their schedule isn't as tough as you continue to make it out to be, but I haven't knocked the team once (in fact, I said they had a great offense and good athletes). Ooltewah and Science Hill have both lost again since playing you guys, Heritage got handled by Hendo, Franklin is 2-3 and has yet to beat anyone bigger than a 1A school, and ACR is a good team but not spectacular.

Likewise, I haven't taken a side. I watched the video ai provided and saw the obvious block in the back (two, actually). Somehow, the same video had you posting "Watched about 5 times. Where was the block in the back?" and going on about "phantom calls" despite it being clear as day. You'll have to tell us where you got that blatant blocks in the back won't get called 95% of the time, because that was a heck of a hit that immediately drew my eyes to it on film (the refs missed the first one if that makes you feel any better).

Finally, I have no idea what you are talking about with the "scrimmage trophy" reference. What "guys" do you think I'm a part of?

send that running back on over to acr he sounds terriffic. im sure we can find plenty of room for him. congrats to both teams . i wasnt there but it must have been a great game. does anyone have an unbiased opinion as to what caused the erwin kid to get ejected?

I was in the sideline next to the end zone where it happened. Here is what I heard the officials say....."we have two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on #12 red, and one on #72 green. The first one on #12 and #72 were live ball and were offsetting, the second one on #12 red was dead ball and would be enforced half the distance to the goal. Two unsportsmanlike penalties in a game equal an ejection." I heard them explain this to the coaches on the ACR side. As for what #12 did or didn't do I have no idea, I think it's foul language toward an official.

send that running back on over to acr he sounds terriffic. im sure we can find plenty of room for him. congrats to both teams . i wasnt there but it must have been a great game. does anyone have an unbiased opinion as to what caused the erwin kid to get ejected?

You already got Talbert from us. Don't get greedy....;)

I was told the official actually initiated the confrontation with the player. That is why coach Sexton flipped out. Who knows though.

if thats true the official should be banned from officiating games end of story. we all know there are bad refs out there that seem to think the fans pay to watch them work. i wasnt at the game but i dont like the refs deciding the outcome of games. i dont know what happenned between the player and the ref. but id love to know what was actually said. im sure we will never know.

if thats true the official should be banned from officiating games end of story. we all know there are bad refs out there that seem to think the fans pay to watch them work. i wasnt at the game but i dont like the refs deciding the outcome of games. i dont know what happenned between the player and the ref. but id love to know what was actually said. im sure we will never know.

That's true. The refs were very subpar in this game but I will admit Erwin gave that game away in the end. You don't let up on good teams like Reynolds..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT