ADVERTISEMENT

MAC Week 5 Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Asheville @ Dobyns Bennett

I thought this game was last week and picked DB so I will stick with that. Should be a closer game than the past few for Asheville and a win would be big.

Dobyns Bennett 28
Asheville 21

Erwin @ Enka

Erwin has struggled the last few weeks but should beat Enka pretty easily.

Erwin 41
Enka 22

Roberson @ McDowell

Nothing to see here. Roberson will name the score.

Roberson 48
McDowell 7

Reynolds @ North Buncombe

North Buncombe has improved but stands no chance here. I was surprised Brevard beat North Buncombe 48-0, and that it would be closer.

Reynolds 49
North Buncombe 7

I’ll take Asheville in a mild upset here. They have talent everywhere and they’ve played a really good schedule.

I’m going to go with Enka at home. Enka has a chance because Erwin can’t stop anyone!

Obviously it’s TCR on this one, they have their eyes set on a conference title and rightly so. If ACR doesn’t get healthy, it could be Asheville and TCR battling it out.

FINALLY we get a breather! We just need to come out of this one healthy. Having 9 players sit out last week was tough and it showed. Our young kids on the DL had trouble with that Watauga offense, but this week I think we can stop NB. We got 2 weeks to get most everyone healthy before the Asheville game which I hear our TB probably won’t be ready to go then either.

Dobyns Bennett by 10+
Erwin
Roberson
ACR

Hearing a lot of grumblings out of Asheville the last couple of weeks. A little adversity to overcome? Will it break the Couuuugs or bring them together? I think this is a pivotal week for Asheville to bring home a W. If they don't play well, I look for them to finish third in the MAC behind TCR and ACR.

I’ll take Asheville in a mild upset here. They have talent everywhere and they’ve played a really good schedule.

I’m going to go with Enka at home. Enka has a chance because Erwin can’t stop anyone!

Obviously it’s TCR on this one, they have their eyes set on a conference title and rightly so. If ACR doesn’t get healthy, it could be Asheville and TCR battling it out.

FINALLY we get a breather! We just need to come out of this one healthy. Having 9 players sit out last week was tough and it showed. Our young kids on the DL had trouble with that Watauga offense, but this week I think we can stop NB. We got 2 weeks to get most everyone healthy before the Asheville game which I hear our TB probably won’t be ready to go then either.
I heard you gained one of our best players this week RR2……. Have you heard this?

I heard you gained one of our best players this week RR2……. Have you heard this?
WHAT?? No I haven’t heard nothing. We didn’t have anyone new on the sidelines against Watauga. Why would be be coming to ACR? We need help with all our injuries!

I have HEARD that one of our best players is over there now but I can’t confirm it. You know how that goes

Reactions: state8392
It’s weird how they can transfer mid season, if indeed this is true. Did they get in trouble or something because doesn’t seem Laws would take a trouble maker who just got booted from another team. All this is really strange, has to be more to the story.

I have been told that it’s one of our linebackers. I don’t know this to be true so I guess I shouldn’t have said anything without confirmation. Is it even allowed to transfer mid season and play for another team? What is to prevent someone from transferring in November?

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
DB-in the only game in the MAC this week that could even begin to be any good

Erwin- the bottom part of the MAC is really bad

Roberson- see above

AC- see above the above

MAC is already a two team race IMO unless Asheville really turns it around they have played a tough schedule to their defense. But I just think AC and TC are a tier above this year then Asheville and Erwin (sorta) in a second tier and then a really really big drop off to the other teams and I’m not sure which of them is the best NB maybe?

The NCHSAA rules say you cannot play the same sport in the same season at 2 different schools. However, there are certainly times where it has happened.

The NCHSAA rules say you cannot play the same sport in the same season at 2 different schools. However, there are certainly times where it has happened.
So if a player is playing say at Asheville and his parents move to say Raleigh during the year because of a job that kid can’t play in Raleigh? That seems unfair to the kid. I know it’s unusual but should be allowed.

Reynolds Rocks. If there is a bonafide(sp) move, yes the player can play. That means left the old residence and found a new one
What if they live in a district where they can go to either school, lots of players live in city school district AND Reynolds district. For that matter some kids live in TCR district and Asheville city school district. Those school lines overlap.

I think his brother already plays for the rockets? Not sure but what I was told.

Reynolds Rocks. If there is a bonafide(sp) move, yes the player can play. That means left the old residence and found a new one
NCHSAA has 1 time transfer without a move. 2nd transfer has to be with an actual address change. Not sure about in season rule on that though.

Reactions: beamer24
5. TRANSFER POLICY: After initial entry into the ninth grade, and absent a bona fide move as provided in the Residence section in this Handbook: (a)a student transferring from one member school to another member school within the same LEA must sit out 365 days for athletic participation. The LEA may create criteria for immediate athletic eligibility for transfers within the LEA. (b)A student transferring from one member school in one LEA to another member school in a different LEA must sit out 365 days for athletic participation. Exceptions for immediate athletic eligibility for transfers from one LEA to a different LEA will be heard by a special NCHSAA transfer committee. NOTE: If a member school is not part of a defined LEA (e.g., charter school, non-boarding parochial school, etc.), then the member school itself will be considered its own LEA for purposes of this policy (i.e., exceptions involving these member schools will fall under subsection (b) above).

I have HEARD that one of our best players is over there now but I can’t confirm it. You know how that goes
It's true... there's your Christmas come early Rocks

5. TRANSFER POLICY: After initial entry into the ninth grade, and absent a bona fide move as provided in the Residence section in this Handbook: (a)a student transferring from one member school to another member school within the same LEA must sit out 365 days for athletic participation. The LEA may create criteria for immediate athletic eligibility for transfers within the LEA. (b)A student transferring from one member school in one LEA to another member school in a different LEA must sit out 365 days for athletic participation. Exceptions for immediate athletic eligibility for transfers from one LEA to a different LEA will be heard by a special NCHSAA transfer committee. NOTE: If a member school is not part of a defined LEA (e.g., charter school, non-boarding parochial school, etc.), then the member school itself will be considered its own LEA for purposes of this policy (i.e., exceptions involving these member schools will fall under subsection (b) above).
Very familiar with this rule. I was asking if you had the one about in season transferring? Situations I know of, there has been no issues with in season changes done correctly.

It's my understanding that the proper protocol was followed and the player is good to go. He's a beast at LB...and a certain South Asheville school is none too happy about this

If it's all set in stone just say who it is. Noah Shaw plays LB and is a D1 recruit is it him?

I can't find the rule I was referring to, I dont know if it doesnt exist anymore in those words or what. They may just be following the rule I posted that says, a player is ineligible, absent a bona fide move. There is not a 1 time transfer rule listed as someone else mentioned.

I can't find the rule I was referring to, I dont know if it doesnt exist anymore in those words or what. They may just be following the rule I posted that says, a player is ineligible, absent a bona fide move. There is not a 1 time transfer rule listed as someone else mentioned.
I mentioned it..There definitely is a 1 time transfer rule without a move. That was passed not long ago by NCHSAA. A 2nd move can be made after 8th grade is completed if there is physical move involved without sitting 365. Now LEA can have their own rules on whether they have to sit 365. I believe Charlotte/Mecklenburg LEA is one of the systems that adopted the must sit out 365. (Ex, the highly recruited rb that had transferred to west charlotte).

He will be all conference for y'all. Hate the way things turned out at the High and I think he does as well. He's a senior and I hope he gets on the right path.

He will be all conference for y'all. Hate the way things turned out at the High and I think he does as well. He's a senior and I hope he gets on the right path.
I don’t know his story but if he comes in and does what is expected of all players he will be welcome with open arms. Should be an interesting game in a few weeks at the high!

Asheville @ Dobyns Bennett

I thought this game was last week and picked DB so I will stick with that. Should be a closer game than the past few for Asheville and a win would be big.

Dobyns Bennett 28
Asheville 21

Erwin @ Enka

Erwin has struggled the last few weeks but should beat Enka pretty easily.

Erwin 41
Enka 22

Roberson @ McDowell

Nothing to see here. Roberson will name the score.

Roberson 48
McDowell 7

Reynolds @ North Buncombe
K
North Buncombe has improved but stands no chance here. I was surprised Brevard beat North Buncombe 48-0, and that it would be closer.

Reynolds 49
North Buncombe 7

Weird start to season for the Cougars...Injuries in game one and fortunately won..healthy in game two but overmatched..suspensions in game three against a pretty good LN team...and now the aftermath against DB in Tennessee without 4 key starters...I hope Asheville at least will learn something to carry into conference, but I don't think they'll win

So Dobbyns has about 2500 students. This may be a challenge. But the stadium is awesome

41-16 Dobbyns final...controlled 2nd half obviously.. Asheville ran 5 offensive plays in 3rd quarter. D got worn and it got ugly...oh well, on to conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT