ADVERTISEMENT

Erwin vs ACR

Packer10

Aug 28, 2010
Looks like this will be the MAC Championship. I love my rockets, but I don't know if they can score enough. Next year should be the year ACR dominates. Unfortunately, I think the score will be Erwin 37 ACR 31.

Erwin seems to fling it around ok but can they stop Reynolds on defense? I think the scores will be really high, maybe crack a hundred total. Reynolds just seems to be able to come up big when they need to, Erwin, not so much. ACR 54 Erwin 46

Didn't Mt Heritage score in the 60's against Erwin?But then again this is the year of 2A football with so many good teams.

This could be for the conference championship but you can't count out Asheville or even Roberson. The key to this game is if Erwin's defense shows up like they did most of the game vs Franklin. If they even play decent Erwin's offense is so dangerous it will be a long night for most teams. Reynolds is a really good team with losses to two very good teams. This is also a home game for them so they get that advantage. It should be a dandy

Didn't Mt Heritage score in the 60's against Erwin?But then again this is the year of 2A football with so many good teams.

It was in the 50's. That game continues to haunt Erwin because I knew that we would be reminded of it all season. For those of you not there I'll recap again. Heritage plays flawless football and Erwin played the worst I have seen in all my years as a Warrior fan. Add to that that MH is one of the top 2A teams in NC this season and has scored over 60 their last 3 games. It was a embarrassing night for Erwin but it happened. So the answer to your question lion is yes.. kinda

i believe this is going to be a very high scoring game .im not sure what acr will do to try n slow down erwins passing game. we have to put a lot of pressure on their qb to be successful i think.. i dont think erwin will be able to stop our running game either. hard game to pick a score on.

One game at a time. I'm positive this is the approach that both head coaches are taking. They probably would not admit it but this could be for all the conference marbles. Having been voted #1 & #2, this pits the two most talented teams in a must win situation. All things being what they are, leads me to home field advantage and the refs. We've had our fair(or unfair)share of home cooking at R. L. Dalton Stadium. I am referring to, hand up-fair catch and then runs for the winning TD. Even radio commentator and former head coach Bobby Poss couldn't believe that call. Sometimes just seeing who shows up to officiate will leave you shaking your head. IE-Mick Mick from Enka. In most close games special teams play can be the difference or just a simple turnover. I hope this is the case and we don't leave there with a stomach full of I told you so. Sure leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Last edited:
One game at a time. I'm positive this is the approach that both head coaches are taking. They probably would not admit it but this could be for all the conference marbles. Having been voted #1 & #2, this pits the two most talented teams in a must win situation. All things being what they are, leads me to home field advantage and the refs. We've had our fair(or unfair)share of home cooking at R. L. Dalton Stadium. I am referring to, hand up-fair catch and then runs for the winning TD. Even radio commentator and former head coach Bobby Poss couldn't believe that call. Sometimes just seeing who shows up to officiate will leave you shaking your head. IE-Mick Mick from Enka. In most close games special teams play can be the difference or just a simple turnover. I hope this is the case and we don't leave there with a stomach full of I told you so. Sure leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Nothing can be worse than the refs we had in Franklin last week. Wow. You here so many stories about the pit aND officiating and they are not joking. Other than that one game the Reynolds vs Erwin games seem to be officiated pretty well every year. The schools are so close together that you don't get a lot of bias.

19 penalties for 182 yards last year for ACR at Erwin, most penalties in a game in ACR history......hummmm, that's a ton of penalties!!! Erwin had 8 for 67 yards. More then double, maybe a little bias.

If it's a close game I give Reynolds the edge, but I can also see Erwin coming out and hanging 4 TD's on the Rockets in the first quarter. That's just how they are. When they're hot their dang near unstoppable, but when they're not hot they're ice cold. Good luck to both teams and stay healthy for playoffs.

19 penalties for 182 yards last year for ACR at Erwin, most penalties in a game in ACR history......hummmm, that's a ton of penalties!!! Erwin had 8 for 67 yards. More then double, maybe a little bias.
Yes Rr2-that's a lot of non bias yards. Just keepin it real BD. Last weeks refs were terrible but in spite of their yellow flagged opinion the right team came out on top. I almost felt sorry for the Panthers players. Their offense would work extremely hard to get yardage. A little here, a little there and oh no its 4th down time to punt. Warriors ball, a run or two then one or two passes and boom touchdown. When its all in sinc they make it look easy. Very demoralizing to that ball control team. That was ALMOST felt sorry because we have all been on the other side of that game. Lets hope we are hitting on all eight(or 4 if you have a foreign job)Friday night. By the way you need to be there early because this one starts at 7. See all you there, GO WARRIORS.

Until one of you all has an ineligible downfield called on a running play, (Tuscola @ Swain 2015), I don't want to hear about it.

Until one of you all has an ineligible downfield called on a running play, (Tuscola @ Swain 2015), I don't want to hear about it.

Erwin did have an ineligible receiver downfield on a field goal, but that's because of a bad snap that led to an incompletion.

acr 56 erwin 49 not much defense on either side. the offenses rule the game. go green in a tight game.

The funny thing at the Franklin game was when I was standing down by the visitor side concession stand and the guy inside yells at this young ref who had been on Erwin sideline all night throwing flags on Erwin like crazy. He yells at him by name and says you're my hero. The guy turned and grinned for a sec. That reassured what I have heard about the pit over the years. On the flip side, the fans, players, and coaches were all very friendly after the game. I have heard stories of racism there but they were all going up to CJ Thompson and other Erwin players and shaking their hands. Very classy on the Franklin fans part.

I'm going on a limb here and picking ACR. I think Erwin's D is still susceptible and AC has enough athletes to at least hold Erwin on one or two offensive possessions. 42-35 AC.

The funny thing at the Franklin game was when I was standing down by the visitor side concession stand and the guy inside yells at this young ref who had been on Erwin sideline all night throwing flags on Erwin like crazy. He yells at him by name and says you're my hero. The guy turned and grinned for a sec. That reassured what I have heard about the pit over the years.

That's one of the new refs, we're still grooming him. The hope is that he can get us a couple conference championships at some point.

On the flip side, the fans, players, and coaches were all very friendly after the game. I have heard stories of racism there but they were all going up to CJ Thompson and other Erwin players and shaking their hands. Very classy on the Franklin fans part.

That is kind of you to say. The incident that gets the most press in that regard was started by somebody that wasn't even in the stadium that night. We have our wackos, for sure, but Franklin folks are generally pretty easy to get along with.

Reactions: BD Warrior
That's one of the new refs, we're still grooming him. The hope is that he can get us a couple conference championships at some point.

That is kind of you to say. The incident that gets the most press in that regard was started by somebody that wasn't even in the stadium that night. We have our wackos, for sure, but Franklin folks are generally pretty easy to get along with.

I did think that was funny. He was very young and very quick to throw flags on Erwin. He finally got a good chewing from Coach Sexton and backed off. I just happened to be standing there when the guy from Franklin called him by name. You are right, it was probably just a few fans yelling things and it got blown out of proportion.

Cj Thompson just had a incredible interception td to end the half and the damn ref throws a mystery flag. It's just like a few years ago. They are doing everything they can to keep Reynolds from being blown out tonight.

Cj Thompson just had a incredible interception td to end the half and the damn ref throws a mystery flag. It's just like a few years ago. They are doing everything they can to keep Reynolds from being blown out tonight.

My radio reception cut out coming up the mountain when that happened BD. Did someone get ejected on that play or what?

Reynolds threw a bomb and Cj Thompson ran back one of the best interception returns you will ever see for about a 80 yard td as time expired just to be taken away on a joke flag. The refs just walked the rockets down field for a td the series before and then ejected one of our better defense players for who knows what. This game should be 3 td spread for Erwin at half. I hate when the refs take over like that.

Yeah that's hard to deal with. Sounds like you guys are bouncing back pretty good in the second half though.

42 -21 Erwin end of 3rd
Not surprised by this. Erwin passing game is for real. If y'all hang on congrats on conference championship. Hendo was up on MH 28-14. I now believe Erwin was way off that night the way ACR tossed Hendo around last week

Reynolds pulls a miracle with tons of help. Erwin dominated this entire game but couldnt overcome the bs.

Last edited:
Congrats Reynolds. Hope the refs didn't cost too much this time. Fing ridiculous!

Wow... Spoke to soon. Down 42-21 with 11 left in 4th and come back to force OT and win 49-48. Wow.... Just wow

If you guys want to be mad be mad at your Coach. Why the hell was he throwing the ball when reynolds had no timeouts left?

Reactions: BlueVols
If you guys want to be mad be mad at your Coach. Why the hell was he throwing the ball when reynolds had no timeouts left?
Or the 21 points the refs gave you tonight. Or the refs not running the clock at the end of the game, or the phantom block in the back call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT