ADVERTISEMENT

Eddins at Crest...Great Coach

Chargerforever

Nov 9, 2019
What a year so far. Everybody talking about how young we are. Gonna be a down year. Probably gonna lose 3-4 regular season games. Eddins can’t coach. Fast forward... Undefeated conference play, should be Coach of the year. Fan experts still critical in the stands. Barnes is long gone so embrace Coach Eddins sure seems like his assistants and players have. I know I have.

Just a guess, but I'm assuming he means he needs a window in his belly so you can see through him and see the players on the field. That Eddins is just a middle man of some metaphor.

Translation please
That way you can look up and ask him three things.

1. why didn’t he call a timeout before KM punted before halftime.

2. why did he call two after they got flagged for delay of game, when the clock was not running.

3. Why did he not accept both penalties and have the ball placed at the half yard line and go for two down by six? Is losing by 1 better than losing by two?

No one is debating whether or not he’s a good man, good coach, and we are all bought in. But some of us experts in the stands as you call us can see.

Reactions: crest91
Well either way we will see what he does with a clear path to the 3rd round IMO. Can't choke now, Catholic could possibly be waiting around the corner...They will be looking for blood if the brackets hold true. Assuming he gets by the first two rounds of course.

That’s why he makes the big bucks. He’s got his own reasoning too some of his decisions. All I know is he has them playing like a team and giving the effort. Most of us fans set up there like we’re watching a tennis match. I know you’re pretty damn knowledgeable of the game and a heck of a Crest fan but sometimes you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Keep posting and talking your SMACK ! Go Chargers

That’s why he makes the big bucks. He’s got his own reasoning too some of his decisions. All I know is he has them playing like a team and giving the effort. Most of us fans set up there like we’re watching a tennis match. I know you’re pretty damn knowledgeable of the game and a heck of a Crest fan but sometimes you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Keep posting and talking your SMACK ! Go Chargers

A win is a win I'm happy let's move on.

But do us a favor ask him why he wouldn't go for 2 since he has his own reasons. There is no reason what so ever a coach can have a reason for not doing it.

I can't even think of a reason, the only good reason I could even think of is he can't count maybe? I'm not being funny or bashing but if you as a football fan regardless of who it is don't question that there is an issue.

I’m not hating on you bro. I believe Eddins is a good coach and a good man. I was not and would never bash him. I simply didn’t understand. In the end he’s the coach and had forgotten more than I’ll ever know.

Hey notashelbyfan ; if I get the chance I’ll ask him for you . But you were being a little funny or sarcastic about the counting thing. I’d say having played at East Carolina he knows simple math. He’s pretty young coach, probably overthinks a little sometimes. All I know is he deserves 5 years for us to make career judgements. And the hydration thing that has came up, I bet water is not the drink of choice for these kids.

That way you can look up and ask him three things.

1. why didn’t he call a timeout before KM punted before halftime.

2. why did he call two after they got flagged for delay of game, when the clock was not running.

3. Why did he not accept both penalties and have the ball placed at the half yard line and go for two down by six? Is losing by 1 better than losing by two?

No one is debating whether or not he’s a good man, good coach, and we are all bought in. But some of us experts in the stands as you call us can see.

Have not posted in a while but I think I can address a couple of these. Number 1...not sure. Point 2...he tried calling the TO before the delay of game. Side judge said we got the TO but white hat said no. Coach told them he didn't want the TO then but they gave it to them anyway. Officials seemed to be on different pages. On point 3, as it was explained to me. If you go for 2 and miss it you allow km to beat you with a score and never have to attempt the XP. Keeping a six point lead still forces KM to make one more olay to win even if they tie it up.

Watching both the JV and Varsity teams grow up and come together this year has been fun. Congrats to the coaches and players and a big thank you for making this football season so fun.

Have not posted in a while but I think I can address a couple of these. Number 1...not sure. Point 2...he tried calling the TO before the delay of game. Side judge said we got the TO but white hat said no. Coach told them he didn't want the TO then but they gave it to them anyway. Officials seemed to be on different pages. On point 3, as it was explained to me. If you go for 2 and miss it you allow km to beat you with a score and never have to attempt the XP. Keeping a six point lead still forces KM to make one more olay to win even if they tie it up.

Watching both the JV and Varsity teams grow up and come together this year has been fun. Congrats to the coaches and players and a big thank you for making this football season so fun.

Fair enough I don't agree with that philosophy but it is at least logical way of thinking he is the coach not us. But with that said after the flag and you are moved closer you got to go for it and punch it in.

Smash thanks for the clarification.

I'm glad we pulled it out.

And they come out of the woodwork like roaches

lol

welcome new charger posters and welcome back all you missing for weeks fans as well

always great to have the crest crazies back lol

Reactions: shelbyfan1
All jokes aside

tickled crest turned it around always good to have those rowdy crest fans on the boards and the county has four pretty dang good teams

best of luck to all four

Yes but we were supposed to be dragged by you all. Where’s the Bess kid going next year ? He’s special and deserves some major looks. What’s his size ?

Thanks Smash.

Offers from Gardner Webb- Charleston Southern and a few smaller schools..
Wants to play for UNCC....but really likes Charleston
Uncc hasnt offered yet

Great Coach or has a couple of weapons by the name of Graham or Ruff ???? Either way conference champs ! Congrats.

I want to apologize to coach Eddings for fussing about not going for 2. Apparently Ron Rivera needs help with what to do also, when it comes to going for 2 and he makes 7.75 million a year and cant figure it out!

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
He needs a window installed in his belly.

lmao, This sentence only reminds me of my old coach Dave Holcomb and I will paraphrase - your head is so far up your rear we are going to have to get you a plastic stomach so you can see

Crest fans still calling for Eddins head? asking for a friend.

what a phenomenal job this guy has done keeping the team together. a couple of losses and a few close wins and the Horse @$$ club was ready to burn him at the stake. He stuck to the process and kept the kids bought in and he was rewarded. Crest fans should take a look in the mirror finally and realize they have a good coach and its extremely difficult to dominate every game when your team is homegrown for the most part. Congrats Coach Eddins on a great regular season, I shall pull for him in the playoffs, the rest of you roaches, I hope you get food poisoning from your stale livermush

I think Eddins was a great hire. Took 2 teams to state championship games winning one. Played in college. Cut his coaching teeth at Richmond Senior then West Montgomery. Took a pre-season 3rd place team and beat highly rated Huss and KM to win the Big South 3A conference title.
All fan bases will grumble when their team loses to a rival(Burns, Shelby). Crest has been really fortunate with head coaches through the years. Nick Eddins will continue the tradition of excellence at Crest.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Also been blessed with some great assistant coaches as well. Someone better strap them helmets on cause it’s a hard road to the Ship in 3 A West. For sure !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT