#12 Midway vs #21 North Johnston
#2 East Duplin vs #31 Reidsville

-Boys
#20 James Kenan at #13 Carrboro
#27 East Duplin at #6 Reidsville
#2 Clinton vs #31 East Montgomery
#10 Goldsboro vs #23 First Flight

Any insight on east duplin boys?

Defensively, they like to press and then back into a 3-2 2-3 zone. Most of their offense is based off of causing turnovers, because they struggle in a offensive set. Their best players are 10, who has a good mid range pull up, and 15 who is a load on the glass and will drive hard. Overall they don't shoot the 3 very well. They don't have much depth and quite frankly, the only reason they are in the playoffs is because they started out conference play at 6-2. They lost 4 out of their last 5 including a 23 point loss in the first round of the conference tournament at home. They are coached well, but I don't see Reidsville having any trouble with them.

Reactions: ramking2012
Round 1

-Boys
#20 James Kenan at #13 Carrboro
#27 East Duplin at #6 Reidsville
#2 Clinton vs #31 East Montgomery
#10 Goldsboro vs #23 First Flight

I'll take:
JK, this team is playing with a lot of confidence right now.
Reidsville
Clinton, They shouldn't be challenged until at leas the 3rd round.
Goldsboro, This is a interesting game. Goldsboro is the better team, but they have not played very inspired basketball lately.

JK will be out coached and Carrboro because JK really have no system players just play a free for all. First Flight is a 3 pt shooting team if they get hot watch out. Clinton and Reidsville should have easy games and clear their Bench.

I'll take Coach Jordan over anyone in the East right now.

Dude what is your problem.....is Coach Jordan on the court playing the games.....i have not seen you post anything about the kids(the ones on the court playing) get off that kool-aid....a Coach is nothing without his players and vice versa.....its not Coach Jordan vs East Montgomery its the Clinton Dark Horses vs East Montgomery.....you really do sound like a joke

You keep talking adjustments but you can't ever tell us any. You are a joke! The only coach of the year should be is how do I get out of trouble when I screw up award.

He is a joke want give any credit to the players

Good luck Darkhorses bring it home for the Conference. Maybe one day my Tigers can bring some attention for the Conference too!

That JK-Carrboro game could be interesting. Watched Carrboro play Apex Friendship around a month ago. That game was the most chaotic, frenzied game I'd watched all year. Carrboro has an odd mix of players. Main thing I remember about them was that they had two pretty good shooters and a very athletic player named Deandre Burnette.

@chuteboxehero I agree that the couple shooters from Carrboro will tip the scales and my Tiger's coach won't have a clue how to counter it. Two of the players told me last night he didn't bother to call for game film to scout Carrboro.

@chuteboxehero I agree that the couple shooters from Carrboro will tip the scales and my Tiger's coach won't have a clue how to counter it. Two of the players told me last night he didn't bother to call for game film to scout Carrboro.

That’s cocky. Hope It doesn’t come back to bite JK, I’ve always liked JK over there other Duplin co. brethren.

For any Clinton fans that care North Lenoir currently up on Red Springs 31-25 at halftime

North Lenoir 42 Red Springs 41 going into the 4th winner visits Clinton on Thursday

Not really ECC related but Trask amd SWO are in a 3rd overtime still tied at 88 with a min left.....i bet that gym is intense sounds like fans definitely got their moneys worth

Trask upset by SWO in 3rd OT 95-91....just goes to show how hard it is to play a team 3+ times in a season....Trask had beat SWO 3 prevoius times this year including a 84-55 beat down in the conference tourney last week.....just goes to show you better bring your A game every night

Reactions: swampstomp
Its looking like Clinton vs North Lenoir Thursday....NL up on Red Springs 56-50 with less than a min remaining

Reactions: Horses71
Clinton host North Lenoir on Thursday.....these two met in the first round of the 2AA football playoffs in 2016

Tough night on the boys side of the ECC

First Flight 76 Goldsboro 69

Clinton only boys team left after 1 round

ECC girls teams faired much better

Midway 59 North Johnston 37
East Duplin 47 Reidsville 25
Goldsboro 42 Bertie 38
Richlands 66 James Kenan 43

Alot of upsets on our part of the bracket....8f your a Clinton fan you have to feel ok looks like a pretty easy path to the semi-regional(4th round) but you still need to show up....North Lenoir,First Flight,and Southwest Onslow all pulled off upsets tonight for a reason

ECC playoff 2nd round games Thursday
Girls
#2 East Duplin vs #15 Washington
#25 Goldsboro at #9 South Granville
#12 Midway at #5 East Bladen

Boys
#2 Clinton vs #18 North Lenoir

I like
E. Duplin @Home

Goldsboro has been playing some inspired ball the last 6 or 7 games. I like them in an upset.

Midway I like on the road even in that hostile environment. Their crowd travels well and I think they've been tested a little more playing E. Duplin 2X an a tough Conference tournament semi-final with a Scrappy Goldsboro.

Boys side I think Clinton will clear the bench and get to rest main guys more.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
I love that clinton was able to get a seed that keeps us at home, however I wish our student turnout was a little better. I remember when Coach Spell re-vamped the Klinton Krazies idea, that gym was packed with students and their sections had to be roped off, now very few show up and when they do they aren’t even standing, wonder what happened or why it changed. Either way, go horses!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
I love that clinton was able to get a seed that keeps us at home, however I wish our student turnout was a little better. I remember when Coach Spell re-vamped the Klinton Krazies idea, that gym was packed with students and their sections had to be roped off, now very few show up and when they do they aren’t even standing, wonder what happened or why it changed. Either way, go horses!

Maybe as the playoffs continue they will get more engaged....the girls 4th round game last year vs Northside-Jax the student section was off the chain

Coach Jordan has the team clicking on all 8 cylinders; we cant expect him to get the students to show up also. But maybe more students will show up as we get deeper in the playoffs.

Coach Jordan has the team clicking on all 8 cylinders; we cant expect him to get the students to show up also. But maybe more students will show up as we get deeper in the playoffs.

They are playing well, I don’t recall anyone saying anything about him having anything to do with the students showing or not showing up. I’m sure the crowd will be even bigger for every game.

The students don't want to have anything to do with Jordan. They see right through him. I was sitting by the few students there last night. 71 all you care about is your win/lose record at any expense. Those boys are doing it. More to coaching than winning.

I think we all can agree that hopefully all players play great tonight and the stands will be packed for these kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT