ADVERTISEMENT

ECC Champs

TD Pass2

Nov 25, 2016
East Duplin caps off an undefeated season by downing the Darkhorses at home 41-21. Every week, we seem to make believers out of people. Hopefully that trends continues the next few weeks. But for now, let’s celebrate winning a conference title out right. Congrats Panthers!

Reactions: 96panther
All i can say is it is easy to watch a couple highlights on hudl or the news look at a team and say hmmm there good but maybe we have a chance.....Friday night after about 5-10 mins i knew ED was just a different monster they have “that look” barring some type of epic breakdown I almost guarantee East Duplin will be representing the East in 2AA.....simply put too big too fast too good and very well coached....congrats Panthers we really didnt stand a chance

Well here is the real kicker....lost a bet with my girlfriend.....now i have to take a picture wearing a East Duplin shirt.....moral of the story dont bet on sports.....Im not going hear the end of this for weeks maybe months....atleast until the rematch next year:(

Off topic but not really cause it pertains to the ECC.....whatever happen to old Cougarpride lol.....guy took those 3 L’s in a row and has not been heard from since....just thought it was funny

Reactions: Friday Night1
Off topic but not really cause it pertains to the ECC.....whatever happen to old Cougarpride lol.....guy took those 3 L’s in a row and has not been heard from since....just thought it was funny
he had no idea what the ECC had in store for him :)

All i can say is it is easy to watch a couple highlights on hudl or the news look at a team and say hmmm there good but maybe we have a chance.....Friday night after about 5-10 mins i knew ED was just a different monster they have “that look” barring some type of epic breakdown I almost guarantee East Duplin will be representing the East in 2AA.....simply put too big too fast too good and very well coached....congrats Panthers we really didnt stand a chance
boy i hope youre right! we've come close way too many times only to fail to make it to the BIG GAME! but like you said, barring an epic breakdown, this team is loaded amd stands a very good shot at at least making it there. of course a powerhouse South Point team will probably be waiting for us but we have to worry about getting there first. but if we do that we would welcome playing anybody!

ED is solid no doubt. However I think teams that like to pass or can pass will give them trouble.

Also noticed a couple of bad snaps on PATs last night that led to misses.

Nit picky to be sure. They are very good but do have a couple of minor flaws that teams could expose. A lot of times in the playoffs it is all about matchup.

The score last night could and probably should have been 49/56-7 except for a couple of turnovers. Give Clinton credit not quitting and getting a couple on the reserves. They will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Lots of real solid teams in 2AA East. ED is a very tough place to play. Really hope they go all the way. Great coaching staff.

Reactions: 96panther
Panthers have a great team. There only potential weakness, is when they meet a great defensive front who can stop the run, can they pass if needed? Clinton didn't give them much resistance in the run game forcing them to pass, and there one PA pass was a TD, but I've always heard it's the teams that can pass even when the D knows whats coming, that will have the best shot to go all the way because they have a complete team. East Duplin is dang good though, no doubt about it. Best team Clinton faced all year imo by far.

ED is solid no doubt. However I think teams that like to pass or can pass will give them trouble.

Also noticed a couple of bad snaps on PATs last night that led to misses.

Nit picky to be sure. They are very good but do have a couple of minor flaws that teams could expose. A lot of times in the playoffs it is all about matchup.

The score last night could and probably should have been 49/56-7 except for a couple of turnovers. Give Clinton credit not quitting and getting a couple on the reserves. They will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Lots of real solid teams in 2AA East. ED is a very tough place to play. Really hope they go all the way. Great coaching staff.
i agree about the passing teams giving us the most trouble, but i think thats almost always the case with eastern teams. while we have given up some pass TD's this year, overall our pass D has been good, but not great. i know though that the western teams take passing to the next level. i think the key to that is having a good pass rush and limiting their QB's time to pass, which is something we have been very good at all year. if a team like us plays a real good passing team it will all boil down to who can control the lime of scrimmage. if we have a hard time running against a team, can we pass well enough to get our running game going a? and if they have a hard time passing because of our pass rush, will they be able to run the ball on us? something really nobody has done well all year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT