ADVERTISEMENT

And just like that!

Shelby Lion

Oct 3, 2002
Dirty Ankle, NC
The forums go silent.... The season has drawn to a close... a not so usual suspect has won the title (Congrats again East Duplin and your fans) and everyone else will go into their winter slumber wondering what if... This occurred for us weeks ago LOL..

Chopper will massage his Panther toupee, put it away for the winter beside his teeth in a mayonnaise jar, on his nightstand..He will peak out from under his straight jacket occasionally and lob a brick, then before you know it august will roll around and this will all start again...

Even though we had a down season, still fun on the boards jawing back and forth with everyone... Had folks threaten to beat me up as usual, and even Fact24 about went rogue and lost his junk but he is just passionate.. good dude actually...

2ndtonone kept us all wondering what is next, lobbing bricks on every board as only he can lol.... I swear I can see him sitting in his recliner, with his boys on either side, wearing a crown giggling at all the people going slap off when he posts....

Looks like Me, Lion Attack, SHSLion and the Dynasty crowd were the only Shelby fans left standing after this season doing our part to bring festive cheer and love to the boards as only we can... ha...

Our neighbors from the North are still mad at losing to Reidsville last week... They took great delight on Facebook yesterday that the Panthers beat the Rams...

Maiden Creek ate 92 lbs of chicken livers in three lunch meetings, how i dont know, but me Duck and Lincolnton (when he could find us) and 65Lion had to sit 10 feet away to keep the liver grease from spattering all over our shirts...

Ram02, Hoeyfan and some of the faithful from Reidsville are still laughing at the running clock CONUNDRUM .....even in defeat.,

Well I reckon thats about it... Catch yall on the flip side.. .Go Shelby...

Who we kidding... I aint going anywhere, I just woke up early and was bored

Last edited:
The forums go silent.... The season has drawn to a close... a not so usual suspect has won the title (Congrats again East Duplin and your fans) and everyone else will go into their winter slumber wondering what if... This occurred for us weeks ago LOL..

Chopper will massage his Panther toupee, put it away for the winter beside his teeth in a mayonnaise jar, on his nightstand..He will peak out from under his straight jacket occasionally and lob a brick, then before you know it august will roll around and this will all start again...

Even though we had a down season, still fun on the boards jawing back and forth with everyone... Had folks threaten to beat me up as usual, and even Fact24 about went rogue and lost his junk but he is just passionate.. good dude actually...

2ndtonone kept us all wondering what is next, lobbing bricks on every board as only he can lol.... I swear I can see him sitting in his recliner, with his boys on either side, wearing a crown giggling at all the people going slap off when he posts....

Looks like Me, Lion Attack, SHSLion and the Dynasty crowd were the only Shelby fans left standing after this season doing our part to bring festive cheer and love to the boards as only we can... ha...

Our neighbors from the North are still mad at losing to Reidsville last week... They took great delight on Facebook yesterday that the Panthers beat the Rams...

Maiden Creek ate 92 lbs of chicken livers in three lunch meetings, how i dont know, but me Duck and Lincolnton (when he could find us) and 65Lion had to sit 10 feet away to keep the liver grease from spattering all over our shirts...

Ram02, Hoeyfan and some of the faithful from Reidsville are still laughing at the running clock CONUNDRUM .....even in defeat.,

Creek vs Livers

Creek by 30! Book it!😂

You choose to post a novel on this blessed Sunday morning.

I'm heading to the caf, they got homemade banana pudding.

I guess 7:44 is early for a retired shelbonian. I woke up at my usual 4am, first thought naturally went to the blocked fg/hand off as a single tear rolled down my cheek. But then I got happy thinking how the lions will be lambs again next year if they don't get the field house finished in time or no new talent comes into the transfer portal. Anyway y'all have a good off season. This is WD.......... Peace out.

You woke up early. I wasn't going to get out of bed. I left the game with the intention of going home and kicking my dog. When I got home I realized "I don't have a dog". I grabbed my hammer and went down to edge of the yard, where I have an old concrete lion that purchased at one of those conrete joints on the way to Myrtle Beach, ", and flailed away until I was tired. I am still tired and I ain't getting out of bed. I am going to reread this reply as I am prone to do just for the laughs. See you when I get up, maybe.

You woke up early. I wasn't going to get out of bed. I left the game with the intention of going home and kicking my dog. When I got home I realized "I don't have a dog". I grabbed my hammer and went down to edge of the yard, where I have an old concrete lion that purchased at one of those conrete joints on the way to Myrtle Beach, ", and flailed away until I was tired. I am still tired and I ain't getting out of bed. I am going to reread this reply as I am prone to do just for the laughs. See you when I get up, maybe.
Wait a minute. Did you say 2nd is posting all over the place? I got to get up and get going.

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
A disappointing finish but I believe all things happen for a reason. It will sting for these players for awhile but I hope these kids stay together and push each other the way they did the last month. There was a lot of growth. Merry Christmas to all the rams posters, Shelby posters( the ones I like and the ones I don’t) , WRH,ED, Burns, Maiden posters as well. Quest for 23 continues in year 2023. Now I hope to enjoy some bball from Neal and Harrison .

I hate Reidsville got beat representing the West in the State Championship. Who is the last team from the Eastern Regional to defeat a Western Regional Champion in 2A. What year was it? If you don't know the answer, where can I find that answer? Would they have official records?

I hate Reidsville got beat representing the West in the State Championship. Who is the last team from the Eastern Regional to defeat a Western Regional Champion in 2A. What year was it? If you don't know the answer, where can I find that answer? Would they have official records?
2017 WRH -2A depending on where Reidsville was seeded (they are very near rhe geographic center east & west

2017 WRH -2A depending on where Reidsville was seeded (they are very near rhe geographic center east & west
Thank You,

Oh I see it was Reidsville,in 20-21 that won the Eastern Regional and then beat the Western Regional winner for the State Championship.

Dang SL, I am absolutely thrilled that you would mention me by username ! I know it's late, nightmare woke me up ( block, snatch and run ) I must admit , it gives me great comfort, even in loss, to know we thumped the CC team that.... (well you know.) Shelby's behind ..... Man, I tried to purchase that football we handed ED but they said some guy with dark glasses, some facial hair trimmed up real neat, and a black jacket with Shelby Lions embroidered on the back paid quite a substantial sum for it. He told them 56, I'm sorry, 58 people ( I was thinking that would probably be you and LA added ) were going to sign it and stand it on a tee that says,
"STILL LOOKING" and put that sumbitch right beside that 1947 WNCHSAA Shelby/Winston-Salem Children's Home Co-Championship "figurine" !!
Lol !!!!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and hoping for good health to all !!! See ya next year !!! I hope y'all suck !!! GO RAMS !!! And just like that !!! 😝🎣

Dang SL, I am absolutely thrilled that you would mention me by username ! I know it's late, nightmare woke me up ( block, snatch and run ) I must admit , it gives me great comfort, even in loss, to know we thumped the CC team that.... (well you know.) Shelby's behind ..... Man, I tried to purchase that football we handed ED but they said some guy with dark glasses, some facial hair trimmed up real neat, and a black jacket with Shelby Lions embroidered on the back paid quite a substantial sum for it. He told them 56, I'm sorry, 58 people ( I was thinking that would probably be you and LA added ) were going to sign it and stand it on a tee that says,
"STILL LOOKING" and put that sumbitch right beside that 1947 WNCHSAA Shelby/Winston-Salem Children's Home Co-Championship "figurine" !!
Lol !!!!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and hoping for good health to all !!! See ya next year !!! I hope y'all suck !!! GO RAMS !!! And just like that !!! 😝🎣
Well !!!!! I wish I had thought of that.

Didnt want to start a new thread so i shall post it here.. An embarrassing moment for ole Shelby Lion today

Myself, Cheerduck, Maiden Creek, 65Lion and Lincolnton (Grizz stood us up lol)_ usually meet about once a month or so up around Hickory for lunch..

We all ordered and sitting around, Creek and Lincolnton order the chicken livers.. I make the comment I just cant eat anything I fish with.... Well they talk me into trying one so Mr Lincolnton slides one over to me...Creek talks me into putting some type hot sauce on it and I take a bite, as I am sitting there chewing, I was thinking, well this taste kinda like livermush to me and being the moron that I am it wasnt registering I WAS eating liver....

So I blurt out, not bad, kind of taste like livermush again it still hasnt hit me that in fact livermush is made from liver... As soon as I say those words, Cheerduck looks across the table at me, he stares a second, and it hits me just before he busts up with "Well genius is it made from liver" I immediately proclaim I cant believe I said that., embarrassed I looked over at creek who was laughing, duck was laughing, Lion was laughing, but the nice guy Lincolnton wasnt (He was flirting with the waitress) .. Grizz wasnt even there and I think he was laughing...

They didnt let me live that down the rest of the time there , and I am fully aware I will never hear the end of it...

Fun times with good people.....

Last edited:
Didnt want to start a new thread so i shall post it here.. An embarrassing moment for ole Shelby Lion today

Myself, Cheerduck, Maiden Creek, 65Lion and Lincolnton (Grizz stood us up lol)_ usually meet about once a month or so up around Hickory for lunch..

We all ordered and sitting around, Creek and Lincolnton order the chicken livers.. I make the comment I just cant eat anything I fish with.... Well they talk me into trying one so Mr Lincolnton slides one over to me...Creek talks me into putting some type hot sauce on it and I take a bite, as I am sitting there chewing, I was thinking, well this taste kinda like livermush to me and being the moron that I am it wasnt registering I WAS eating liver....

So I blurt out, not bad, kind of taste like livermush again it still hasnt hit me that in fact livermush is made from liver... As soon as I say those words, Cheerduck looks across the table at me, he stares a second, and it hits me just before he busts up with "Well genius is it made from liver" I immediately proclaim I cant believe I said that., embarrassed I looked over at creek who was laughing, duck was laughing, Lion was laughing, but the nice guy Lincolnton wasnt (He was flirting with the waitress) .. Grizz wasnt even there and I think he was laughing...

They didnt let me live that down the rest of the time there , and I am fully aware I will never hear the end of it...

Not surprised

Y'all should start yours in 1A. If you do I will be your biggest fan from the west.

That explains why @Maiden Creek is always talking about liver mush

Well......Duh!!!! I told the fellows you would tell on yourself.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT