ADVERTISEMENT

East lincoln vs Washington for the 2AA state championship

CM3

Nov 1, 2005
Not sure if there are any Washington posters on here but East Lincoln has a huge test this week. Washington has a heck of a running game led by Markel Spencer. Check his highlight video out by googling his name with hudl, unbelievable. If anyone has seen Washington in person what is your take on them?

Looking forward to seeing this game Saturday, as well as the Shelby/Clinton game. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Washington has much of an ncpreps fan base.

Originally posted by LTown Wolves:
Looking forward to seeing this game Saturday, as well as the Shelby/Clinton game. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Washington has much of an ncpreps fan base.

There may be more than you think...
happy0005.r191677.gif

I saw him last Friday night for the first time and was impressed. He was a lot smaller than I imagined though. He had the uncanny ability to hit the hole fast when needed but to also be patient and wait for the holes to develop when needed.

I was at the Northeastern and Washington game Friday night well let me put it to you this way Kingbluedevil if the Washington defensive back come out and play with the same intensity that they played against Northeastern receiver it might be along night for East Lincoln they did a great job against Northeastern they covered the receiver very well and when they did catch a ball they were punished and I think they started looking for the defensive back before they caught the ball Northeastern drop a lot of ball plus Washington put a lot of pressure on Northeastern QB Liverman who can do everything on the field and when he hurt his knee in the third quarter and was only maybe 50pct of his usually self the game was over. If Washington get the lead that's win they let the dogs out man they dominated Northeastern lines when they got the lead plus Northeastern from my observation when they got behind they started pressing and started panicking because they had never been behind against a good team all year the only other team this season that had them on the rope and really played them real physical was Edenton Holmes. This was the first time I've seen Washington play this season and I must give their coaching staff credit they had an outstanding game plan to stop Liverman and their offense and they took care of business props to Washington they use to be in the conference with Edenton in the 80's the Aces use to beat up on them they did participate in the Aces jamboree a few years ago they have come a long way I wish the Aces would start scheduling them,Tarboro,Roanoke Rapid like they use to do. But yes Washington has a good team and players at rbs and that # 42 at lbs is bad either their qb can pass very accurate when he has too should be a good game.

Uhhhhh yesssss....

I have seen Washington play many times since the war ended and remember the 1956 team well. I have seen most of their games this season and now that the great-grandkid has signed me up here I am happy to share some thoughts on this Internet thingy.

Sport has been coaching the team a number of years and despite losing one starting QB to Garner and a rising frosh to Wilmington Laney he had the wisdom to bring Kellum in from pasture to redo the line play. Now you young folks think football is all passing and fancy plays but as Coach Dooley (Bill, I mean who would quote Vince?) used to say, "you have to be sound in the kicking game" which Washington is not -- and that is their only weakness.

Anyway I remember when Kellum was just a kid at Choco trying to hit a jump shot or two but he would listen when I would babble in his ear about what Yeoman was doing at Houston with the veer. Washington does not run a classic veer but if you will observe the blocking tandems and counter-trap style plays you would think Houston (college) and Pittsburgh (pro) from the 70s have melded their run schemes. Basically, there is no 2A or 2 AA team in the state (or on the east coast for that matter) that can stop Mr Spencer. He is a blur as in "see ya -- hate to be ya." His stunning last minute (55 seconds in 4th) 88 yard run won Washington's only close game of the season.

Now at QB, long gone are the days of Edwards and Stowe flinging the deep ball like Belue versus Florida in '80 or Ferragamo against Dallas a year earlier. Instead Washington goes with the high percentage passing game after they have lured your backs in close to stop the bruising run attack. Mercy....

I am sure the western champs are a strong and solid squad but remember Washington is really a 3A school in 2 AA clothing following realignment a couple years ago. There is still strong resentment on the Pamlico because of the way the '82 squad was denied a playoff berth under the old system -- and a lot of the Pam Pack crowd have been waiting thirty years to take it out on somebody in the State Title game.

Oh, and one other thing, Washington is the hardest hitting team you will see in this weight class. Personally I don't care for that rock em sock em style, preferring a more modern game approach. However I will say it is very effective when that ole pigskin is snapped.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the game as these old bones have trouble just getting down to the Mecca these days. But I will be there in spirit, as well as those of the other old grads that have left us one way or another. The Long Blue Line with quite the vertical reach -- and I suspect I'll be smiling bigger than when I came back from the war and walked back across Kugler Field for the first time since we said howdy to Fritz and saved all of Europe.

This game will be close at halftime -- and then it won't. Washington 28-14

Choppy

Here is a link to last Friday night's highlights of some eastern teams that were competing in their regionals, courtesy of WCTI Jacksonville. For Washington Vs. Northeastern advance the video to about the 5:50 mark...

If anybody from Crest or Shelby notices this post the havelock-Eastern Wayne highlights are arount the 3:45 mark and Clinton-Southwest Onslow are near 8:15.

Welcome to NC Preps, Mr. Wagner, from a fellow senior citizen.

**Warning: There is a Red Bull commercial that precedes these football highlights in which the volume is increased to a startling level, so be prepared.
This post was edited on 12/11 7:28 AM by Lincolnton

WCTI The Blitz

I'd love to see a team capable of holding East Lincoln to 14 points. The team with Chazz Surratt will win this game.

Keeping it civil this week FranlinFan. Nobody here making ridiculous predictions or outrageous remarks. Go Mustangs.

Nobody is really saying anything, other than some run-on paragraphs and a couple stories from Grampy's rocking chair.

I'd love to see the defense that can stop East Lincoln without 12 or 13 players on the field. It would add to the spectacle if Washington is indeed the hardest hitting school in 2A like is being claimed.

Should be fun, but I reckon I'll have to catch the highlights.

To be honest I don't know what to expect. The moment you think your team is unstoppable that's when they get shut down. Washington is supposed to have a shutdown defense, we'll see.

On the other side of the ball, East has been vulnerable to the run all year. If we win this game it will be close in my opinion. If I'm wrong and we win by 20-30 I'll be super happy about it.
laugh.r191677.gif

Actually some sites have Washington favored to win. Calpreps has Washington 28-24.
This post was edited on 12/12 7:15 PM by Gary29

Originally posted by Gary29:

Actually some sites have Washington favored to win. Calpreps has Washington 28-24.
Yeah I've seen some picking Washington. I think if we don't lose the turnover margin we will win. Washington looks really good on videos. Regardless, it's been an awesome season and no matter what happens I'll be there supporting the team.

Are you going to be there 29? Shoot me a txt if you are and we can catch up at halftime. Go stangs!!!

This post was edited on 12/12 7:16 PM by Elincoln

ELincoln I won't be able to make it. I was going but things aren't working out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT