ADVERTISEMENT

Duplin County college football??????

pantherfaithful1984

Apr 28, 2005
I got addicted to Last Chance U when it came out and i learned about junior college football for the first time. I can't help but think that if James Sprunt Community College had a football program that they could be very competitive with the level of high school football talent our county seems to have. Anybody have any thoughts on this crazy idea?

Neat idea... but there aren’t many junior college football teams around. Who would they play? I think Louisburg is the only one in the state of North Carolina.

Louisburg plays a Small Virginia College, a smattering of Prep schools, a last chance U kind of place in Littlejohn Sports Academy and a few teams in NY.

I’d love to see more junior college football in NC. It’s so expensive to start and maintain a program though.

Reactions: Swo_05
I think it is interesting and would be a great boon to our local economy if only for just 5 or 6 saturday's a year. I think there has to be a way to make it happen

Reactions: Swo_05
I agree, it would be interesting. I’ve also thought about what if Duplin County only had one high school like some smaller counties do. It wouldn’t be feasible in any way besides athletics, but we would have some killer sports teams lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT