ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley @ West Forsyth

Warhead1

Sep 8, 2009
How on earth is nobody talking about this week 1 match up? West Forsyth seems to be the team to beat in the CPC. I think they will give Dudley all they want on Friday night. I like West Forsyth by 10

24-14 west wins!

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
It will be interesting to see how well Dudley's D-line does. They have two Power 5 guys leading their line, one of which (Payton Page) is in the top 20 recruits overall in the nation in the class of 2021 (#19-Rivals and #5-247 Sports) and the number one recruit at his position with both services. They have good size at linebacker as well, but from what I've seen they can be thrown on. It will also be interesting to see what their run game does. They have a nationally ranked receiver, but Dudley's game is to run the ball and they have four or five guys at the position.

How on earth is nobody talking about this week 1 match up? West Forsyth seems to be the team to beat in the CPC. I think they will give Dudley all they want on Friday night. I like West Forsyth by 10

24-14 west wins!
Put down the Richard's Wild Irish Rose, my brother. Hope you and yours are well. Dudley by fourteen.
P.S. Grimsley is going to be a handful this year, too.

Reactions: Veejay4
Put down the Richard's Wild Irish Rose, my brother. Hope you and yours are well. Dudley by fourteen.

Its MadDog 20/20 there homie! Grimsley should be better but we shall see. West still wins!

Scrimmages are great opportunities to work things out. I hope Dudley worked on their snaps. I believe they broke a record with bad snaps against Vance.

If this comes down to the Kicking game, I gotta go with West Forsyth’s history. Very solid kickers in the past; but I love a team like Dudley (estimate past 15yrs. They have gone for two 75% after a TD) no matter what the score is... just refuse to kick for 1pt, they mostly goes for 2pts and frequently go for it on 4th down because there defense is so good. I love that..and if that works throughout the game, I go with Dudley.

Scrimmages are great opportunities to work things out. I hope Dudley worked on their snaps. I believe they broke a record with bad snaps against Vance.
As u well know a good defense can put all kinds of pressure on offenses.

I mentioned Grimsley back in June. They were impressive for awhile against us (East Forsyth) playoffs.

They were young but appear to be trending up. Like their coach too. He's turning them into a contender.

Looks like it's more of the same of last year from Dudley again this year.
Look for Tabor to win the Piedmont Triad 3A again this year.

Solid win for West Forsyth on saturday. @Warhead you were right with your assessment of the West offense this summer. Looking on the Game of inches & Carolina Preps video website. They seem to have the pieces on offense. Two stud running backs, the quarterback was solid and that O-line may very well be the best in the state. I was impressed at how they handled the vaunted Dudley D-line and seem to move the ball pretty effectively. It's a long season and much can happen from now until November or December.

West Forsyth's running game will be good all season long. They didn't shy away from running at Page and Murphy, they just had the size and skill to make the game plan work. I think their passing game is TBD.

From a third party perspective, WF's team looks like it is already better after one game than the WF team that practiced for a whole season and lost in the playoffs last year. They look like they worked hard in the off season.

Dudley looked like an average team with above average talent. They'll beat most average or below teams and struggle with teams that have good coaching.

I just want to say congrats to West Forsyth y'all took us to the Woodshed
To anybody else don't count us out we have alot of youth on the online and at the QB position. That is not an excuse because at Dudley Davis don't tolerate excuses, WF did their Job TCB.
We will learn from this and be better because of it. Sometimes you have to take a but whippin to realize it's not JV anymore.
As far as coaching I played for Davis he prides himself on having one of the most coached up disciplined teams in the state
These boyz will be coached up I promise you that
#Dboyz4Life

Reactions: Champ_24
Yeah, he did. Had over 200 yds passing and over 100 rushing last week. Just wondering why he’s doing that in Jamestown and not East Greensboro.

To anybody else don't count us out we have alot of youth on the online and at the QB position. That is not an excuse because at Dudley Davis don't tolerate excuses, WF did their Job TCB.
We will learn from this and be better because of it. Sometimes you have to take a but whippin to realize it's not JV anymore.
As far as coaching I played for Davis he prides himself on having one of the most coached up disciplined teams in the state
#Dboyz4Life

Based on the highlights they looked neither coached up or disciplined. Looked alot like a defense that quit in 2nd half.

Yeah, he did. Had over 200 yds passing and over 100 rushing last week. Just wondering why he’s doing that in Jamestown and not East Greensboro.

Dudley pretty much made the decision for him last year. You have to let a QB know that he can make a mistake and not be pulled for another kid. It's all about building confidence. He has pretty much been the starter at Ragsdale since he transferred (from what I can tell). They showed him that they believe in him.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Solid win for West Forsyth on saturday. @Warhead you were right with your assessment of the West offense this summer. Looking on the Game of inches & Carolina Preps video website. They seem to have the pieces on offense. Two stud running backs, the quarterback was solid and that O-line may very well be the best in the state. I was impressed at how they handled the vaunted Dudley D-line and seem to move the ball pretty effectively. It's a long season and much can happen from now until November or December.

Let me 1st state I'm not a West Forsyth fan just call them like I see them. Things were very quiet over in Clemmons all offseason. I know a couple coaches over there and one said that East Forsyth Championship run made West go to work really hard. They were a couple plays away from beating East in the regular season and their coaches felt if they caught a break or two and turned up their offseason program they too could win a Championship. With all that said I saw them at the FCA 7on7 and I thought that was the best looking team in the Triad area. It may not be close either. I think it comes down to East and West. Btw, who was the idiot that scheduled this game in week 7 or whatever and not week 12? I still think West Forsyth is better than East Forsyth. Especially on offensive line and Linebacker. If they played Friday I would say West Forsyth is a 2 TD favorite over East Forsyth right now. Still a long ways to go but in the Triad area this is my top 5 (4A teams) right now.

1. West Forsyth
2. East Forsyth
3. Grimsley
4. Reagan
5. Davie/Glenn

Let me 1st state I'm not a West Forsyth fan just call them like I see them. Things were very quiet over in Clemmons all offseason. I know a couple coaches over there and one said that East Forsyth Championship run made West go to work really hard. They were a couple plays away from beating East in the regular season and their coaches felt if they caught a break or two and turned up their offseason program they too could win a Championship. With all that said I saw them at the FCA 7on7 and I thought that was the best looking team in the Triad area. It may not be close either. I think it comes down to East and West. Btw, who was the idiot that scheduled this game in week 7 or whatever and not week 12? I still think West Forsyth is better than East Forsyth. Especially on offensive line and Linebacker. If they played Friday I would say West Forsyth is a 2 TD favorite over East Forsyth right now. Still a long ways to go but in the Triad area this is my top 5 (4A teams) right now.

1. West Forsyth
2. East Forsyth
3. Grimsley
4. Reagan
5. Davie/Glenn

Should be an awesome game

1. West Forsyth
2. East Forsyth
3. Grimsley
4. Reagan
5. Davie/Glenn

It will be interesting to see if Grimsley has actually kicked it up a level. I saw them play in the pre-season and they looked like a better team than last year. Will they be as good as people are predicting, that remains to be seen.

#Dboyz4Life
I'm just saying this is a young group and last week's butt woopin was a leaning curve if they didn't understand how varsity football is I bet now they know I can't speak on how they looked last week all I'm saying is Davis will get them right this week trust me that undisciplined stuff he hates so unless they like updowns you will see a more disciplined team I can't blame the D being tired to Quitting when the O is 3and out and turning over the ball

Why isn’t the Hooker kid at Dudley???
It's alot of different POV to this
But my POV from being around the program
Since his older brother played
It seems like he has been trying to fill some big shoes he had pressure possibly from coaches teammates and himself to be as good or better I think Ragsdale is a relief and a chance for him too write his own story without the pressure Alston is a Great Kid i wish him the best and much success

It's alot of different POV to this
But my POV from being around the program
Since his older brother played
It seems like he has been trying to fill some big shoes he had pressure possibly from coaches teammates and himself to be as good or better I think Ragsdale is a relief and a chance for him too write his own story without the pressure Alston is a Great Kid i wish him the best and much success

Got to be a lot of pressure. Good for the kid for starting the season off great!!

Got to be a lot of pressure. Good for the kid for starting the season off great!!
Yeah Hendon was a breast and brought home a state title so that can be alot of pressure but last friday Alston looked good proud of him just hope they don't beat us friday

With the talent and 4* recruits at Dudley. I am shocked to see them like this

With the talent and 4* recruits at Dudley. I am shocked to see them like this

Dudley isn't very deep and they really only have three big-time recruits from what I know, one of which you can almost take out of the equation because they don't throw the ball like that (Mike Wyman-WR). I think that the d-line will be fine, but the secondary and linebackers are where the question marks come in on defense. Also, their two QB's are young. I believe that both are sophomores. They are a fairly young team overall though.

Reactions: DHS06CENTER69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT