ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 9 🐻

This team seems to get better every week. My personal opinion this team is technically a young team. We've had inexperienced players at important positions. But every week they learn and improve. And hopefully last night shows that we are starting to get our stride and come together. Good thing or bad thing however you look at it even with last night we're not playing to our full potential we still have things we could clean up.
True AMD. This could be a really good team if they cleaned some things up. Not the least of which is getting plays in on time and having the right personnel on the field. Having 12 in the huddle following a dead-ball timeout is unacceptable. Things like that are a weekly problem.

@Maiden Creek did you see my question?
I did… but I was too tired to answer last night.

I did something today I’ve never done….i went with my sister to watch a game at Johnson C. Smith. What an experience!…. The grills were rolling, the outfits had me chewing on my knuckle😂, the bands were magnificent!, saw some good football too. HBCU!!!….had a freaking ball!
I know you have forgotten….but my sister lived in Norfolk and was close to a family whose son played QB at Granby….they just couldn’t beat Maury. I know you know. Anyway…he is at JCS now and I promised my sister I would go so she could see the family and him play.

I just rolled in…and I’m tired again😂,… I’ll answer soon…I promise. 😉

Last edited:
I did… but I was too tired to answer last night.

I did something today I’ve never done….i went with my sister to watch a game at Johnson C. Smith. What an experience!…. The grills was rolling, the outfits had me chewing on my knuckle😂, the bands were magnificent!, saw some good football too. HBCU!!!….had a freaking ball!
I know you have forgotten….but my sister lived in Norfolk and was close to a family whose son played QB at Granby….they just couldn’t beat Maury. I know you know. Anyway…he is at JCS now and I promised my sister I would go so she could see the family and him play.

I just rolled in…and I’m tired again😂,… I’ll answer soon…I promise. 😉
Maury is the best team in 757

@Maiden Creek did you see my question?
I watched Monroe at Bunker Hill last year. Their defense was very good, but yet, they struggled to stop Willis Jr. ….and everbody knew he was getting the ball.
The Monroe RB…who returned as well…is an absolute beast….QB who returned as well….can run it too.
However….I was shocked at how poorly they threw the ball…just saying.

Reidsville has to be the favorite…they’re loaded…speed everywhere…and power with Cobb…that’s tough sledding. I predicted Reidsville wouldn’t get the number 1 seed…I think I’m wrong….daggum Maiden ruined it by beating the Bears…which in turn hurt Randleman…who I thought had the best chance to snag that #1 from Reidsville. We’ll see.

It’s gotta be a team with great defense to slow Reidsville down and a better than average offense to just keep up! Those teams are far and few between. West Stokes and Walkertown fared well though. That’s encouraging!

I just don’t see it with Monroe or Shelby…that’s just my opinion.

Anyway….I’m pulling for Northeastern! Wait and see!🫵

4 different teams to win it all in this undivided 2a.

No repeats! Book it!😜

Last edited:
I watched Monroe at Bunker Hill last year. Their defense was very good, but yet, they struggled to stop Willis Jr. ….and everbody knew he was getting the ball.
The Monroe RB…who returned as well…is an absolute beast….QB who returned as well….can run it too.
However….I was shocked at how poorly they threw the ball…just saying.

Reidsville has to be the favorite…they’re loaded…speed everywhere…and power with Cobb…that’s tough sledding. I predicted Reidsville wouldn’t get the number 1 seed…I think I’m wrong….daggum Maiden ruined it by beating the Bears…which in turn hurt Randleman…who I thought had the best chance to snag that #1 from Reidsville. We’ll see.

It’s gotta be a great defense to slow Reidsville down and a better than average offense to just keep up! Those teams are far and few between. West Stokes and Walkertown fared well though. That’s encouraging!

I just don’t see it with Monroe or Shelby…that’s just my opinion.

Anyway….I’m pulling for Northeastern! Wait and see!🫵

4 different teams to win it all in this undivided 2a.

No repeats! Book it!😜
Reidsville, Randleman obviously the heavy favorites!! Don't sleep on Monroe, Shelby, or Salisbury although there around that 7 seed 8 seed or wherever. Other than that there are some teams who could surprise everyone in 2A.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Unofficially, bc it comes from our sideline stat crew, we held Bunker Hill offense to 105 total yards.

Held Willis Jr to under 30 yds total offense rush/rec.

We'll see what BH coaches put into maxpreps...but I can't imagine it being too different.

Heck of a game by Blue.
My brother kept stats for them last night and if he is right they rushed 19 times for 51 yards and in a weird way because he loves numbers and stats I believe he stated that the final 2 passes there QB completed 1 was completed and the other was a interception not really sure it was late and he was drained lol

True AMD. This could be a really good team if they cleaned some things up. Not the least of which is getting plays in on time and having the right personnel on the field. Having 12 in the huddle following a dead-ball timeout is unacceptable. Things like that are a weekly problem
It was a great game last night. Way to go Big Blue! That defense was outstanding!
DBD you are correct that we have some things that need cleaning up.
I believe we have our toughest opponent of the year this Friday night.

@Maiden Creek u know Reidsville always gets the #1 seed the math is a special Q version that only an elite few are educated on 🤣🤣🤣🤣
We will see if Rville is worthy at the end of the season. Who do you think should have the 1 seed? You have to play the game, the rest is just conjecture. Any way you seed, the games just get harder as the playoffs continue.

We will see if Rville is worthy at the end of the season. Who do you think should have the 1 seed? You have to play the game, the rest is just conjecture. Any way you seed, the games just get harder as the playoffs continue.
Randleman and then toss up Monroe and Reidsville. Honestly if all 3 finish undefeated I'd be ok with drawing for seeds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT