ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 6/7 🙏🏻

What a great game! Congrats to West Lincoln!

Great win! …for the Johnnys!

CVAC! Baby…just never know.

I must say…I expected this before the season started….and then I thought Maiden would waltz through it…after Watauga.

Gotta give ‘em credit…West Lincoln deserved the win.

It’s gonna be fun to watch this conference the rest of the way.

Good stuff!

What a great game! Congrats to West Lincoln!

Great win! …for the Johnnys!

CVAC! Baby…just never know.

I must say…I expected this before the season started….and then I thought Maiden would waltz through it…after Watauga.

Gotta give ‘em credit…West Lincoln deserved the win.

It’s gonna be fun to watch this conference the rest of the way.

Good stuff!
I feel like this will be a wake-up call for some of these kids. I will say I really did like what I saw with some of the players holding other players accountable tonight

West Lincoln coach has to be the best coach in that conference. He does the most with the least here lately.
He definitely built a system that works for those kids. But that QB Allen is the engine that makes that team work. I would love to get a second shot at them in the playoffs that's how much I believe we can beat them if given another chance.

Reactions: Lincolnton
Absolutely correct. He is the best coach in the CVAC, and it's not even close. His team comes to play, and they play disciplined football, especially relative to defensive assignments. Not sure how WL will do the rest of the way, because they really don't have much in the way of talent. But they have a lot in the way of coaching. Maiden had more speed, size, and athleticism, but didn't come to play. We also had far too many senseless penalties. I've seen Maiden lose quite a few games down through my many decades of following Maiden football, but I'd be hard pressed to think of a more inexcusable loss that this one.

Reactions: Lincolnton
Congratulations on Lincolnton picking up first win of the year
Thanks AMD, it feels good to win. Our last one was 11/3/23. In the first half the Red Devils had us down 21-7 and we managed to score late in the second quarter. We did better in the second half. We took a 28-21 lead but NC came right back down the field and we managed to stop them inside of the 1 yard line. Thought they had managed to stop us around the 1, too but Cloninger was able to score. Props to the guys on our offensive line, to Mayfield and C. Cloninger, they are both versatile players. Newton-Conover has a bunch of speed. This was a close game and I'm very glad we won it. Way to go Wolves.

*Tough break on the loss to West Lincoln. I know the Blue Devils will get things straightened out soon. They always do.

* Lincolnton Memorial Stadium now has the lighting system that can flash off and on and change colors. The Wolves had scored and were lining up for the extra point and the lights got stuck. Our announcer who is very good, and really business like, said "We're working on it" and our players were looking up at the press box, but they kept flashing. Eventually, we got penalized for delay of game, Our PB team got the lights fixed and we made the P.A.T. so "all's well that ends well," (👈if you'd care for a little Shakespeare). No, I guess you wouldn't, and neither do I.

*Heard we got Bandys, Saturday, at noon, there. All of a sudden I feel awfully tired.

Last edited:
Week 7
Newton-Conover over East Burke
Bunker Hill over West Lincoln
Maiden over West Caldwell
Lincolnton over Bandys

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT