ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 10 🐺Ⓜ️

Thanks! I'm no coach, so I cant speak in specifics, but something changed.

I sat near a Wolves 'fan' who screamed incessantly about our coaches and their lousy abilities and decisions...he looked fairly devastated when we won. Sad, really.

I've yet to see a coach or kid who wanted to fail in front of his team/family/town... Not sure any of them get better because some loud fan belittles them...I dont get it.

Good to see him eat a little crow 🐦‍⬛

Go Wolves!
In fairness, it sounds like early coaching decisions were pretty dumbfounding. Now, I have to give credit to the staff. In the CVAC, they are making the necessary adjustments at the half, but the first halves I can feel for that fan.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
If Lincolnton wins next week and Bunker Hill loses to bandies it's Lincolnton. If Lincoln wins and Bunker Hill wins it's Bunker hills. If they both lose next week it becomes a cluster **** and we'll take a mathematical genius with several degrees to figure it out
the big bang theory sheldon GIF

Very jealous of how competitive this conference is. Seems like each week is a dogfight for every team.
I wouldn't mind a cakewalk conference that guarantees a second round and possible third round playoff game with a home game thrown in. Lincolnton gets the first round under seeded "upset" win and then a date with Salisbury, Monroe, or Shelby. I believe that has been the last three playoff opponents.

Youll have to explain to me...Not sure I am tracking
I am only following on MaxPreps. My wife was watching television and I decided not to opt for trying to find it on the internet or YouTube. So, I only had MaxPreps to draw my conclusions from the first half. The fake punt gave Maiden excellent field position which they took advantage of and scored. The other was the second and goal at the three and turned the ball over on downs. I could see a "diehard" being frustrated with the team and the coaching staff.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I am only following on MaxPreps. My wife was watching television and I decided not to opt for trying to find it on the internet or YouTube. So, I only had MaxPreps to draw my conclusions from the first half. The fake punt gave Maiden excellent field position which they took advantage of and scored. The other was the second and goal at the three and turned the ball over on downs. I could see a "diehard" being frustrated with the team and the coaching staff.
The fake punt was a beaut of a call. Maiden brought the house and had nobody back. The punter missed an open receiver that would've likely taken it to the house. Good call, not quite executed. The Devil's stood their ground on the other series...not sure how to sort that one. Looked like blocking broke down, and the defender stuffed us for the loss. Coulda been bad play calling, I dunno.

I guess you could question not taking a shot at a field goal, but we were down big.

Not sure why screaming at your own team is the best course of action either way🤷🏻‍♂️. I know its the reality of sports. He paid his ticket. Anyway, it made the victory that much better.

Last edited:
As it turns out, the Wolves did NOT take the wrong exit tonight. Congratulations to the players, staff, and fans. Maiden has a fine team and will be a tough out for anyone in the playoffs.

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT