ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 10 🐺Ⓜ️

Maybe I’m crazy…but I don’t think I heard it last night.

Heck of a game last night…I thought we were going to OT…again!

The Wolves scored with 1 sec left in regulation on a beautiful pass play from the 10 or so. A daggum nail biter….hoping I see another one tonight.

Go! Blue.
I wasn't there but a parent told me. Referee made a bad call on a fumble that was a forward pass. I'm going to say I have no opinions since I wasn't there but maybe @Maiden Creek does

Reactions: Maiden Creek

The Wolves scored with 1 sec left in regulation on a beautiful pass play from the 10 or so. A daggum nail biter….hoping I see another one tonight.

Go! Blue.
They had it howling last night. Hard to hear where we were standing, somehow the howl doesn't carry uphill.

• Haha
Best thing about playing at home tonight. Not having to hear the howl of that old the crap it dying wolf that needs to be took out back and put down 🤣

Go! Blue
It could be a new recording. Before, it would howl several times after each score. Then I noticed at the Newton-Conover game it would only howl one time after each score.
Could be the howling incites the old guys at the rest home over in the woods.

Speaking of that, my friend played for Lincolnton back in the 1940’s, He lived near N. Grove St. which is close enough to hear the howling, and he would talk about how he wished he could play again, especially when he heard that.

The last game he went to before passing away, he said if he were still playing he would stretch out like a clothes line and put the top of his helmet in their quarterback’s ear hole. I explained to him that is called spearing and is not only illegal but very dangerous. He said, “Who made that rule, a woman.” Think they thought a little different back then. Course, I would guess some more villainous players probably attempted it after it was ruled illegal, like maybe AMD.

Last edited:
Schedule
Bandys vs West Caldwell
Bunker Hill vs Newton Conover
East Burke at West Lincoln
Wolves at The Boom Devils

Bandys by 21
Bunker Hill by 14
West Lincoln by 7
Wolves in a thriller by 7
Lincolton has had an up and down year, but with the changes mid season and a fired up young group, the Wolves have started to return to Lincolnton of old. Even if Devils take it, Wolves will be a very dangerous team in play offs. The explosiveness at back, qb, and wr core is just insane. Really reminds me of the Littlejohn, Ponytail, Surratt days. If there are fireworks tonight, could be a back and forth highlight reel.

See yall tonight!!!

I guess I just tuned the howling out….kinda like I did when Shelby Lion was caterwauling all evening about being cold on that creek!😂
Most people like out stadium but they don't like the cold. Even on summer evenings you can feel the dampness. My cousin said it's as though it's haunted, but she married someone from East Lincoln and now she hates us and was looking for something to say.
A bit of trivia, It's at the bottom of a hill with lots of water around it. Before the past county historian died, he said the playing area and practice field was once a reservoir, a couple of hundred years ago.

• Wow
It could be a new recording. Before, it would howl several times after each score. Then I noticed at the Newton-Conover game it would only howl one time after each score.
Could be the howling incites the old guys at the rest home over in the woods.

Speaking of that, my friend played for Lincolnton back in the 1940’s, He lived near N. Grove St. which is close enough to hear the howling, and he would talk about how he wished he could play again, especially when he heard that.

The last game he went to before passing away, he said if he were still playing he would stretch out like a clothes line and put the top of his helmet in their quarterback’s ear hole. I explained to him that is called spearing and is not only illegal but very dangerous. He said, “Who made that rule, a woman.” Think they thought a little different back then. Course, I would guess some more villainous players probably attempted it after it was ruled illegal, like maybe AMD.
Sounds like a reasonable man 🤣 I was really disappointed when they outlawed The blind side/crack back block. Man that's such an exciting play

Most people like out stadium but they don't like the cold. Even on summer evenings you can feel the dampness. My cousin said it's as though it's haunted, but she married someone from East Lincoln and now she hates us and was looking for something to say.
A bit of trivia, It's at the bottom of a hill with lots of water around it. Before the past county historian died, he said the playing area and practice field was once a reservoir, a couple of hundred years ago.
Creek, knowing you have an interest in historical grave sites, that could be why the graves from The Battle of Ramsours Mill are farther up on the hill across the street from the press box.

I will be keeping an eye on that game between Maiden and Lincolnton!! Hoping my sister keeps me updated on the game!! I will be at the Hill supporting Family tonight looking forward to seeing if this fried bologna is as good as advertised!! First game at the Hill too, heard you guys can put on a show 😆 🤣

I will be keeping an eye on that game between Maiden and Lincolnton!! Hoping my sister keeps me updated on the game!! I will be at the Hill supporting Family tonight looking forward to seeing if this fried bologna is as good as advertised!! First game at the Hill too, heard you guys can put on a show 😆 🤣
I have no desire to go to Waynesville tonight to watch us play Tuscola anyway!!

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT