ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 10 🐺Ⓜ️

You sure 😂 u might of forgotten 🤣🤣
Gotta say, I did forget to make my weekly predictions up until now, so I'd better do that before brain fog gets the better of me... Because our team is one of the picks for Flyrod's Game Of The Week, I'm feeling a little embarrassed for not remembering. I said that (I'm embarrassed) to my Mother, once, and she told me I was beneath embarrassment (had gotten my ass suspended from Lincolnton High School for fighting over a piece of chicken), so here they are:

West Caldwell at Bandys: Guys, I honestly believe the Trojans are 15 minutes or one football quarter away from possibly besting all of us. This week, they can afford to be cautious not to incur injuries, making ready for next weeks game with Bunker Hill. Trojans by 35.

East Burke at West Lincoln: Afraid this will be another tough night for the Cavaliers. West by 18.

Bunker Hill vs Newton Conover: The Red Devils will have to really reach down to keep from getting mauled by some angry Bears after they were TKOed last week at Maiden. Last Friday, I was upbraided by a poster for saying BH is a good team, and perhaps he is right in his admonishment, but I think they are.. I've seen them play twice and was impressed both times. I'm thinking Maiden could beat them, again, but it wouldn't be like last week. I also believe the Bears are capable of beating the Blue Devils even though Maiden is playing the best ball in the CVAC, and may be playing at Thanksgiving. Bears by 18.

Lincolnton at Maiden: For most Wolves fans I would guess the question is can we beat them. I think we can. We would have to play hard for four quarters because the Devils do not let up. To me, they (Maiden) have everything a team needs, and they have a brain trust of a coaching staff, but if we play well, get some breaks and solve their riddles we might can win. Wolves by 3.

Disclaimer: I try not to discuss the suspension of players.

Side Note: If the track is opened up I hope restraint and sportsmanship prevail.

Your side note 🤔. U do know where your coming right. Honestly its a proper English tea, compared to the old days of tom brown stadium 🤣
Gotta say, I did forget to make my weekly predictions up until now, so I'd better do that before brain fog gets the better of me... Because our team is one of the picks for Flyrod's Game Of The Week, I'm feeling a little embarrassed for not remembering. I said that (I'm embarrassed) to my Mother, once, and she told me I was beneath embarrassment (had gotten my ass suspended from Lincolnton High School for fighting over a piece of chicken), so here they are:

West Caldwell at Bandys: Guys, I honestly believe the Trojans are 15 minutes or one football quarter away from possibly besting all of us. This week, they can afford to be cautious not to incur injuries, making ready for next weeks game with Bunker Hill. Trojans by 35.

East Burke at West Lincoln: Afraid this will be another tough night for the Cavaliers. West by 18.

Bunker Hill vs Newton Conover: The Red Devils will have to really reach down to keep from getting mauled by some angry Bears after they were TKOed last week at Maiden. Last Friday, I was upbraided by a poster for saying BH is a good team, and perhaps he is right in his admonishment, but I think they are.. I've seen them play twice and was impressed both times. I'm thinking Maiden could beat them, again, but it wouldn't be like last week. I also believe the Bears are capable of beating the Blue Devils even though Maiden is playing the best ball in the CVAC, and may be playing at Thanksgiving. Bears by 18.

Lincolnton at Maiden: For most Wolves fans I would guess the question is can we beat them. I think we can. We would have to play hard for four quarters because the Devils do not let up. To me, they (Maiden) have everything a team needs, and they have a brain trust of a coaching staff, but if we play well, get some breaks and solve their riddles we might can win. Wolves by 3.

Side Note: If the track is opened up I hope restraint and sportsmanship prevail.

Yeah, to the land of milk and honey, LOL, If you can make that connection I'm going to be awestruck .
-------------------👆👇

Since, that the wolf is the devil's pet 🤣. Means that I can read you like a book. Or should I say books. Even though it would be a mistake a very deadly sin. I know you're referring to Maiden as God's country (Israel/Canaan). Therefore your referencing that y'all mangy dogs plan on invading and stealing our home from us. Now hopefully I'm wrong but if you're ever so bold to mean that. Just remember the lake of fire burns for eternity. 🤣🤣

Since, that the wolf is the devil's pet 🤣. Means that I can read you like a book. Or should I say books. Even though it would be a mistake a very deadly sin. I know you're referring to Maiden as God's country (Israel/Canaan). Therefore your referencing that y'all mangy dogs plan on invading and stealing our home from us. Now hopefully I'm wrong but if you're ever so bold to mean that. Just remember the lake of fire burns for eternity. 🤣🤣
Don't know exactly how to say this but that's exactly what I was thinking. If I'm not hallucinating some guy from Maiden has just repeated my thoughts back to me. I don't know how you strung that together but you sure did. I've grossly underestimated you or the devil really can read minds.
I thought, "We wolves can take the land of milk and honey (Canaan, and link to the song in name only) like Israel did"... Figured you'd get the first part, but the thought part of it ? As of today, I'm not going to gouge and prod you anymore. I'm out of here, I need a beer.

Side note: Caution to any poster conversing with this guy. He's dangerous. Hopefully, Creek, GDevil and Sportsnut can keep him in check.

Side note: Told as a child it is rude to try and stump someone with riddles. Should've listened. Our word for today is D### !

Your statement about Bandys says a lot. I agree!

In fact…I feel that way about all 5 teams.

Bandys, Bunker Hill, Lincolnton, Maiden and West Lincoln.

I know this is crazy….but there is still a chance that all 5 teams could end up in a 5-way tie at 5-2.

Lord!…I couldn’t BEAR the fact that Bunker Hill would probably get the nod, due to highest RPI, if it were to happen.

Nooo!….lets go! Boom Devils. 🫵

Reactions: Lincolnton
You’re right, by a stroke of fate the CVAC could be in a knot, but if Maiden wins Friday night, they will definitely be in the catbird seat. If Vegas looked at it, the money would already be on them.

Your statement about Bandys says a lot. I agree!

In fact…I feel that way about all 5 teams.

Bandys, Bunker Hill, Lincolnton, Maiden and West Lincoln.

I know this is crazy….but there is still a chance that all 5 teams could end up in a 5-way tie at 5-2.

Lord!…I couldn’t BEAR the fact that Bunker Hill would probably get the nod, due to highest RPI, if it were to happen.

Nooo!….lets go! Boom Devils. 🫵
Major League Baseball Wow GIF by MLB

@Lincolnton will whip your @$$ over a drumstick. Good info to keep in mind.

Bandy's with a bye week. West Caldwell players already playing with other balls.
Bunker Hill over Newton. I do question the mental state of the bears and wether a hangover from last weeks beat down plays a roll in this. If the running back is truly unavailable it could be a lot closer than expected.
West Lincoln over the hapless cavaliers. Gonna start questioning her soon if West beats them. If they don't show some life
And of course maiden over the pups. Once a year the pups get snippy and wanna test their alpha personality out. And that's where the devil's come in and put them back in their place and show them they are beta. So Friday should be a good training night for them. Bad dog 🤣

@Lincolnton will whip your @$$ over a drumstick. Good info to keep in mind.
AAW, I went in for a college interview, and the Dean asked me about it, I tried to brush it off by saying it was a childish skirmish. He insisted I tell him the entire story. Lord, that was embarrassing. He said if they accepted me they would be the only college in the nation with a student who had been kicked out of high school over a piece of chicken. He said “You nail one student and you'll be out the next day.” Remember walking down the hall feeling very low, thinking “You’ve got me all wrong”. It was awful. Believe me, I’m a more humble man for it.

GrizzlyDevil, Thanks for saying something, even though we know what's happened the last 10 games it sure is a nice thought that were even.

AAW, I went in for a college interview, and the Dean asked me about it, I tried to brush it off by saying it was a childish skirmish. He insisted I tell him the entire story. Lord, that was embarrassing. He said if they accepted me they would be the only college in the nation with a student who had been kicked out of high school over a piece of chicken. He said “You nail one student and you'll be out the next day.” Remember walking down the hall feeling very low, thinking “You’ve got me all wrong”. It was awful. Believe me, I’m a more humble man for it.

GrizzlyDevil, Thanks for saying something, even though we know what's happened the last 10 games it sure is a nice thought that were even.
You remember the tie?…I don’t.

Creek, The first time I remember us playing was in 1972 or 73, In Maiden, and we lost. We won the second game in Lincolnton but I can't recall a tie. I do remember a tie with Bandys.

In 1972 I'm thinking the score was 20-6, can't recall the score the first time I remember them playing in Lincolnton, but I was there. it was cold, and I'm thinking Maiden's quarterback was Joey Sipe.

The all time record between Lincolnton and Maiden is 25-25-1

Historic programs with two very good teams. Meeting #52 should be a doozy.
I believe Maiden has won the last 8, and before that I think we won 7 or 8 in a row. Weird how that happens. I think Maiden has stayed pretty steady over those 15-16 years, and we’ve had great teams and awful teams.

I still wouldn’t call us a “very good” team this year, but we have definitely improved since August. Playing with a lot more confidence, and have the speed to make a lot of people nervous. I hope this is as good of a game as last year’s matchup.

I believe Maiden has won the last 8, and before that I think we won 7 or 8 in a row. Weird how that happens. I think Maiden has stayed pretty steady over those 15-16 years, and we’ve had great teams and awful teams.

I still wouldn’t call us a “very good” team this year, but we have definitely improved since August. Playing with a lot more confidence, and have the speed to make a lot of people nervous. I hope this is as good of a game as last year’s matchup.
I remember my mother, and uncles and family going to the 1993 West Regional Final Maiden vs. Lincolnton and Lincolnton winning like 42-18. I remember late in the game they returned an interception for a touchdown and the Lincolnton player cutting backflips in the endzone I was like well...this games is over!!

I remember my mother, and uncles and family going to the 1993 West Regional Final Maiden vs. Lincolnton and Lincolnton winning like 42-18. I remember late in the game they returned an interception for a touchdown and the Lincolnton player cutting backflips in the endzone I was like well...this games is over!!
So many people at the 93 game the aisles filled up. Seems like the fire dept got after about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT