ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 10 🐺Ⓜ️

¹
Bandys Trojans finally get over .500 mark in conference, but Bunker is on the horizon so short lived. However, they do have a chance to finish over .500 overall.
Bunker Hill I guess the Devils are truly not very good in all areas.
West Lincoln
Wolves as I said they could run the table and I have to pick them (although I think Maiden will win). Sorry!

Good luck to all teams and stay healthy!
Aw, Dad. Looks like you are following your heart! We will try and convince your head, now.

Boom Wolves!

wolf howling GIF

Next week which will be the last reg season week and prob last week of a free nation( Blah I hope not, don’t get me started) I wondered if yall wanna do a bonus pick. Kinda catch people back up, and give top competitor pickers the edge. One or 2 neighbor CVACs to pick

Was gonna say Hickory vs Statesville ehh too predictable but a rivalry that dates back to the boys hitting the trenches in Europe and ole Woodrow Wilson running the show. Nah I’m prob wrong, when did Hickory first have a footballl team? LOL Cheerduck question yall

Better one would be NL and EL. Just a thought it’s up to yall we got 2 weeks.
Thanks, BFR, for not going any further with your near political blahs, lol. I am personally at critical mass, and come here to forget that cesspool.

Strangely enough, I spoke to two partisans today at my work, and I feel much worse about our Republic, as a result.

One was trying to convince me that Elvis is alive, and preaching at a church in Arkansas. The second bought 150 lbs of deer feed and apples to feed "a bigfoot" on his hunting land.

Both also worked in endorsements for a
presidential candidate that I never asked about, lol

Strange world. But it is a danged fine time to be a Wolf!

Next week which will be the last reg season week and prob last week of a free nation( Blah I hope not, don’t get me started) I wondered if yall wanna do a bonus pick. Kinda catch people back up, and give top competitor pickers the edge. One or 2 neighbor CVACs to pick

Was gonna say Hickory vs Statesville ehh too predictable but a rivalry that dates back to the boys hitting the trenches in Europe and ole Woodrow Wilson running the show. Nah I’m prob wrong, when did Hickory first have a footballl team? LOL Cheerduck question yall

Bonus football after next week because of hurricane. Make up games

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Thanks, BFR, for not going any further with your near political blahs, lol. I am personally at critical mass, and come here to forget that cesspool.

Strangely enough, I spoke to two partisans today at my work, and I feel much worse about our Republic, as a result.

One was trying to convince me that Elvis is alive, and preaching at a church in Arkansas. The second bought 150 lbs of deer feed and apples to feed "a bigfoot" on his hunting land.

Both also worked in endorsements for a
presidential candidate that I never asked about, lol

Strange world. But it is a danged fine time to be a Wolf!
Wow Whatta work place

Hickory history lesson 101.
HHS began playing 11 man tackle football in 1923.
HHS first played Statesville in 1924.
This year's meeting will be the 61st meeting all time.

Don't get to caught up in that happiness 😂. We all know L-town doesn't stand for Lincolnton, but for LOSER 😂
Now that's the kind of deep thinking and witty repartee and word-smithing that keeps me coming back to this forum! First time I've heard that one!

I'll send a bag of apples northward.

Go Wolves!🐺🐺

Last edited:

Don't get to caught up in that happiness 😂. We all know L-town doesn't stand for Lincolnton, but for LOSER 😂
Why, you little demon, calling our fine town loser. We have more restaurants per capita than any place on earth, and some of the best pizza in North Carolina. If one needed to get out of town for a little while, walk around and enjoy the sights, eat, drink, unwind and encounter friendly people then "This is the place !" (Actually, Brigham Young, said that first but he was talking about the Salt Valley out in Utah, not Lincolnton)... You sharp fang little demonic soul. Probably can make your head spin around and speak Latin, backwards.

• Haha
Wow Whatta work place
Speaking of this place, I bought a set of protective glasses, there, and two weeks ago a lens came loose. When I tried to put it back on, the corner broke off. I bought these glasses there 31 years ago. They have been sit on, stepped on and used and dropped many, many times; and like everything else I've purchased, there they were of the best quality. They also have honest and knowledgeable staff, and because of that, they are usually busy, all day.

*Postscript, those glasses I mentioned have served their purpose so long and so well, I don't have the heart to throw them away.

Hickory history lesson 101.
HHS began playing 11 man tackle football in 1923.
HHS first played Statesville in 1924.
This year's meeting will be the 61st meeting all time.
See I knew you knew your stuff Cheer and I’m glad I stopped myself I said oh wait I don’t think they have even had a football team that long going back to the “boys in the trenches” which ended in 1918. I guess a survivor of that coulda came back and coached the first hickory team, he’d been in his mid 20s early 30s. I used that kinda as a joke but at same time thinking they had some thing that’d go that far back then realizing dang I don’t think some schools even played football back then.

Also back then Hickory I guess was main school in Catawba co with a mini high school toward Bunker Hill area. I dunno, another Cheer question

It’s CVAC I know but Hickory does sit in middle of the CVAC area so the main question that kinda does or may arise even on our board is Will Hickory pull off a repeat?? They seem to have the tallent and momentum to do so or at least get to 4th round. In 96’ when they dominated, they didn’t play all that great the next year and so on. David Elder even said in an interview in 96’ “we may never be this way again” speaking of those success and how it may be short lived. These guys, hadn’t seemed to skip a beat from
Last year to this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT