ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 1 👀

Good picks, I’d say you’ll be alittle off on Maiden score, if it’s just by 12 that coach will have those boys doing hill runs on Saturday ha ha.

Christ school is definitely say it’s more than 7. By 21 if we’re lucky, I didn’t take a lot of things into account with those boys when I threw up my prediction. Mostly that UNC commit QB. If they don’t get pressure on him who knows how this may turn out.

Expecting a good un’ in pumpkin center. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was by 3 instead of 7
BFR, my picks tend to be pretty conservative. If the team I've picked wins I still get credit, no matter the score; and if I pick a team to get beat by big numbers, someone might feel like I'm downing their team (and they shouldn't let it bother them. It's never bothered me when my team is the underdog by big numbers, but some may feel different).

Well, take AMD, for instance, if someone told him his team would get beat by 14 points, he would be mad. Tell him his team is going to lose by 30 and he might want them them to meet him in the street, so to avoid those situations I keep the numbers low... I could take the easy way out and say 7 plus or 10 plus, but it's not fun if there isn't a little risk to it.

BFR, my picks tend to be pretty conservative. If the team I've picked wins I still get credit, no matter the score; and if I pick a team to get beat by big numbers, someone might feel like I'm downing their team (and they shouldn't let it bother them. It's never bothered me when my team is the underdog by big numbers, but some may feel different).

Well, take AMD, for instance, if someone told him his team would get beat by 14 points, he would be mad. Tell him his team is going to lose by 30 and he might want them them to meet him in the street, so to avoid those situations I keep the numbers low... I could take the easy way out and say 7 plus or 10 plus, but it's not fun if there isn't a little risk to it.
You're being honest as usual. You know the game and you are always gracious in defeat, even though I know you're competitive as all get out.

I wouldn’t know if I was being conservative or aggressive and this is just fun talk HS football. If I observe someone’s picks and give em my 2 cents on it it’s just for fun. Like say someone says Mallard creek 28 over Highland Tech of course I gotta give em crap I couldn’t resist I’d be like “for the whole game or just 7 min into the first quarter, what you talkin bout man” ha ha. I’m a comedian on here for alot of what I say.

But back to basic CVAC talk it seems like so far East Burke is the mystery horse of this conf this year. I guess I say that cause even though I didn’t see it they done well in their scrimmages which they should have against Foard and North Bumcomb but Tuscola is always pretty tough. If they hold their own and not let Christ school run away with it and make it a hard fought game then they may just finish higher than expected. We’ll see

I’ll take Bandys but I think St. Stephens will hold their own.

The Bears just keep winning.

Christ School. The Greenies are one of the best looking teams you’ll see on a football field. East Burke fans are in for a treat. Wishing I could see it.

South Point just might win their conference…I’ll take the Red Raiders. Let’s go! Wolves.

Maiden wins.

This one intrigues me. West Henderson graduated a ton. The 2000 yard rusher, Dimsdale, is gone…the two leading receivers and a gaggle of leading tacklers are too. We’ll see…imma stick with West Henderson since they are at home….but I’m pulling for Coach Wilson and the Red Devils with all I got.

I’ll take South Caldwell…but I’m anxious to see how the Warriors do with their new Coach.

Huge game right here! Johnnys vs Knights. Lincoln county showdown at its finest!👀 I was surprised at how many returning players North Lincoln has. One that stood out to me the most was a LB….#7 Ryan Bassani…good lord…he had 189 tackles last year. That’s getting it done! West Lincoln is bringing back a bunch too. This will be one heck of a ball game. It’s a toss up….but I’m sticking with the Hawg Hill Hellgramites!😂

Good luck Fellers! CVAC!

Week 1 is finally here!!!!! Our conference has some pretty big non conference matchups this week.

Schedule
Bandys at St. Stephens
Bunker Hill at Freedom
East Burke vs Christ School
Lincolnton at South Point
Maiden at Foard
Newton Conover at West Henderson
West Caldwell vs South Caldwell
West Lincoln at North Lincoln

Standings
Bandys 0-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 0-0, 0-0
East Burke 0-0, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-0, 0-0
Maiden 0-0, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-0, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 0-0, 0-0
Bandys at SS is terrible
Freedom New coach, new team, new expectations
Christ School EB not good
SP but L gets points in my book
Maiden No comment
WH
SC
North Lincoln

Kudos to Bunker Hill and Lincolnton for actually scheduling a worthy opponent week 1. I still don’t understand or agree with these “top tiered” teams that play NO one in non conference play. Beating Foard or SS by 40 is not a measuring stick for any kind of success and can't garner any kind of gate (usually the argument for playing county schools). I would rather be 6-4, 7-3 with 3-4 losses coming from worthy opponents and preparing my team for a conference and playoff run than to be 9-1 and lose 2nd round. Go schedule Shelby, Hickory, Statesville, Burns, etc. But I’m different I guess. Good luck to all teams.

Bandys at SS is terrible
Maiden No comment
WH
SC
North Lincoln

Kudos to Bunker Hill and Lincolnton for actually scheduling a worthy opponent week 1. I still don’t understand or agree with these “top tiered” teams that play NO one in non conference play. Beating Foard or SS by 40 is not a measuring stick for any kind of success and can't garner any kind of gate (usually the argument for playing county schools). I would rather be 6-4, 7-3 with 3-4 losses coming from worthy opponents and preparing my team for a conference and playoff run than to be 9-1 and lose 2nd round. Go schedule Shelby, Hickory, Statesville, Burns, etc. But I’m different I guess. Good luck to all teams.
I guess we will beat this dead horse again 🤦🏼‍♂️🙄. Catawba county schools doesn't allow us to schedule our non conference schedule. 3 games we get to pick 1 of them (watauga) the other 2 we are forced to play in county schools chosen for us by Catawba County. We aren't running from anything or we wouldn't choose watauga as our 1.

I guess we will beat this dead horse again 🤦🏼‍♂️🙄. Catawba county schools doesn't allow us to schedule our non conference schedule. 3 games we get to pick 1 of them (watauga) the other 2 we are forced to play in county schools chosen for us by Catawba County. We aren't running from anything or we wouldn't choose watauga as our 1.
Exactly, we have no choice in the matter.

Thats stupid. Hurts yall with rpi

Bandys at SS is terrible
Maiden No comment
WH
SC
North Lincoln

You're definitely different. Maybe you could reach out on Maiden's behalf and get the county to change their stance on this issue. Obviously it troubles both you and us. If you can get them to change, I'll personally pay your way into our new nonconferece games so you can watch your dream play out in living color.

You're definitely different. Maybe you could reach out on Maiden's behalf and get the county to change their stance on this issue. Obviously it troubles both you and us. If you can get them to change, I'll personally pay your way into our new nonconferece games so you can watch your dream play out in living color.
I wish we could change up some too.

I don’t count the money….but I’m betting the Foard and St. Stephens gate is pretty darn good compared to others. It’s by far not the worst….in my opinion of course…judging by the attendance to those games.

@GrizzlyDevil I'm starting to think this guy was given a swirlie 🍥 and had his candy stolen on Halloween by some people dressed as devils 👿. And is suffering from trauma ever since 🤣🤣

Reactions: Dadof23
I have probably been the most vocal on here about kicking West Caldwell out of our conference because of how bad they are and it's negative effect on rpi. We aren't running from competition 🤣

Reactions: Maiden Creek

I don’t count the money….but I’m betting the Foard and St. Stephens gate is pretty darn good compared to others. It’s by far not the worst….in my opinion of course…judging by the attendance to those games.
You are correct...there is history between the teams...that'll drive some money bc there's always a chance you could beat Maiden.

@GrizzlyDevil I'm starting to think this guy was given a swirlie 🍥 and had his candy stolen on Halloween by some people dressed as devils 👿. And is suffering from trauma ever since 🤣🤣
Nah! AMD…..Dad’s a die hard Catawba County fan.

He tells it like it is…I’ll give him that!

Now you on the other hand would never do that!😜

I get the “have to play county schools” which I’ve never been a fan of anywhere. However, think about the gate Maiden vs Shelby/Hickory, etc. plus you could gauge where your team is better than a Watauga. I know Maiden travels well, but you can’t convince me that they are traveling 2 hours to Boone to play an Up/down Watauga team. If I had 1 game to field I would schedule someone strong especially if the other two were SS and Foard. I’m not here to belittle Maiden but would like to see them branch out a little is all. And yes, I’m a Catawba County man first and would love to see all CC teams get a chance to see who they are. That goes for my Trojans as well. Each year they start out 3-0, 4-0 playing Foard and SS but always finish in the middle or below when it counts. Maybe if they played a tougher schedule they could endure the conference a little better. Again, just talking as I do each year. Best of luck to all teams.

I get the “have to play county schools” which I’ve never been a fan of anywhere. However, think about the gate Maiden vs Shelby/Hickory, etc. plus you could gauge where your team is better than a Watauga. I know Maiden travels well, but you can’t convince me that they are traveling 2 hours to Boone to play an Up/down Watauga team. If I had 1 game to field I would schedule someone strong especially if the other two were SS and Foard. I’m not here to belittle Maiden but would like to see them branch out a little is all. And yes, I’m a Catawba County man first and would love to see all CC teams get a chance to see who they are. That goes for my Trojans as well. Each year they start out 3-0, 4-0 playing Foard and SS but always finish in the middle or below when it counts. Maybe if they played a tougher schedule they could endure the conference a little better. Again, just talking as I do each year. Best of luck to all teams.
Since we started playing watauga they have been one of the top ranked 4a schools in football. And their worst record in that time was 8-3 I believe. Don't think it's a fair assessment to call them an up and down 4a team. And one of the best coaches in the state.

Since we started playing watauga they have been one of the top ranked 4a schools in football. And their worst record in that time was 8-3 I believe. Don't think it's a fair assessment to call them an up and down 4a team. And one of the best coaches in the state.
Bingo...also gives us a good look at an offense similar to West Lincoln.

Week 1 is finally here!!!!! Our conference has some pretty big non conference matchups this week.

Schedule
Bandys at St. Stephens
Bunker Hill at Freedom
East Burke vs Christ School
Lincolnton at South Point
Maiden at Foard
Newton Conover at West Henderson
West Caldwell vs South Caldwell
West Lincoln at North Lincoln

Standings
Bandys 0-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 0-0, 0-0
East Burke 0-0, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-0, 0-0
Maiden 0-0, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-0, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 0-0, 0-0
Bandys
Freedom
Christ School
Lincolnton
Maiden
West Henderson
South Caldwell
North Lincoln

I will never pick against my Wolves, but we had better figure out how to stop the “Red Bone” this week. I was able to attend the scrimmage against Hibriten last week and the defense struggled against the option. Offensively, the freshman running back looks to be an X factor this season.

In other news, former Lincolnton standout Sage Surratt has signed with the Arizona Cardinals.

I would suggest making a tomato, cheddar and mayo sandwich at home. Wrap it in tinfoil and put it in a slider bag so it won’t drip.
Make sure to put it in your pocket before entering the stadium or the gate attendants might insist that you can’t bring it in. If they do see it, tell them you’re a heart patient on a very strict diet. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t…Just trying to help. :)

I would suggest making a tomato, cheddar and mayo sandwich at home. Wrap it in tinfoil and put it in a slider bag so it won’t drip.
Make sure to put it in your pocket before entering the stadium or the gate attendants might insist that you can’t bring it in. If they do see it, tell them you’re a heart patient on a very strict diet. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t…Just trying to help. :)
Lol when weather gets cooler and I wear a jacket I can finally sneak in my Sunkist zero drinks 🤣🤣

I listened to the podcast with Christ School's head football coach on the Private School Forum. It's worth a listen if you have 45 minutes. I don't want to ruin it but he agreed with the interviewer that his team is in the top 4 overall in N.C. That's saying something.

Burke County guys if y'all lose 99-0. Just pick y'all's head up and keep moving forward and when u come to Maiden we won't put that many on ya. We will be considerate 🤣

One thing sucks about playing at Foard no restaurants 🤣 unless u drive to mountain view
You can go to Waynos and get wings while watching a band and some fine ladies
I listened to the podcast with Christ School's head football coach on the Private School Forum. It's worth a listen if you have 45 minutes. I don't want to ruin it but he agreed with the interviewer that his team is in the top 4 overall in N.C. That's saying something.
dang if that’s the case that’ll be the toughest team to walk into Cav stadium since Indy in 2007

I’d like to think it won’t be that bad. We used to take some beat downs but Minor has em in the right direction. I can’t beleive I spotted em 1 TD victory earlier what a mistake

Last edited:

dang if that’s the case that’ll be the toughest team to walk into Cav stadium since Indy in 2007

I’d like to think it won’t be that bad. We used to take some beat downs but Minor has em in the right direction. I can’t beleive I spotted em 1 TD victory earlier what a mistake
Me too...Hey, you know, if the Cavaliers would happen to win, it would send shock waves through the CVAC strong enough to show up on the Richter scale.

East Burke was a huge 4A program when Indy showed up to play.

That Cowboy hat wuddnt sitting right!😂😂
Hey yall Waynos used to be my spot. Bout the only place in hickory you could get a chick to talk to ya ha ha. Good times but then later on Jesus happened. Ain’t been back Amen. But whole time I went I never had a cowboy hat. Some Fri nights in the fall I’d walk on in and I’d look to the right, see stadium lights said yup Foard gotta game tonight, sometimes I’d hit a game then go.

Well enough of the old life, does anyone know or kept track of Foard Maiden series?? Has to be I’d imagine only 3 or 4 wins since Elvis broke out the jail house rock hit. Well now yall got that song stuck in your head rest of night

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT