ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs East Bladen moved

This going to be a big one.....EBs coach Patty Evers was less than pleased with the Boykin being left in the previous game in the 4th quarter with the game being a blowout.....i think she just didnt like being on the wrong end of a butt whooping lol

Butt whoopin's are fine but leaving your best player in with a minute to go, up by over 40, and trying to get steals and points is a bit ridiculous. I know for a fact Coach Evers has never done that.

Honestly I have noticed that at some home games and in my opinion it isnt right. Sportsmanship reasons aside, you run a health risk of your top 2-3 players with the last 4-5 mins of a game you are winning by 40+ points. I guess Coach Owens who is and will always be a better coach than I could be knows what he is doing but it doesn't look good from an outside perspective. I mean they are half court trapping, and shooting 3's up by 50 with 3 mins left in the game. I know there are quite a few people who are not pleased with this and they are both employees and fans of Clinton basketball. I know coach has been asked to remove his players late in games when those blowout situations occur or least hold the ball with no real intentions to score but it appears it has fallen on deaf ears as it continues to happen over and over again. I'll always support Clinton athletics and I hope both teams men and women go all the way this year but I don't support kicking a man when there down. If it's 90-40 with 2min left in the game, don't half-court trap, don't shoot 3's, and get your best players off the court, simple as that. One day a coach on a team that is getting smoked is gonna send a message by getting a player to give a hard foul or 2 because of it.

The argument is that she hasn't played for 2 years. That's fine, I understand that part of it, but it just doesn't look good having your best players in at the end of the game in a blowout. What's to gain for her playing the last minute of a 50 point win? Answer is nothing but there is a whole lot more to lose.

hey it is what it is....CO has been coaching a long time i trust he knows what he is doing maybe just wanting his team to keep that competitive edge and not get complacent.....look what happened to us in football blowouts and mercy rule almost every game then once we finally got into a dogfight we got beat starters werent used to playing a full game and it hurt us in the playoffs.....not making any excuses cause if a injury occurs everyone will be asking why why why.....but i guess hindsight is 20/20

The problem is there is no competition in conference for Clinton this year. Like it was last year for East Bladen. It's pretty boring getting a running clock almost every game but that's the hand that's been dealt this year. My advice to CO is play MB mid-way the 4th quarter and get her out. I would assume a state title is on Clinton's mind. An injury to her would almost erase that goal. Losing her the last minute of a 50 point win would be plain stupid.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Same thing is was thinking outside of East bladen and maybe Midway rest of the conference is really weak and not realy preparing us for the playoffs looking at the polls alot of good teams in the Eastern part of the state.....So that could be a explanation keeping the starters sharp and keeping that competitive nature.....dont wanna repeat if Football season where a bad case of complacency against a good hungrey team killed us

I have no problem with his philsophy. To me, that's not running up the score. Conversely, having your best players in a blowout at the end is either running up the score or stat padding, simple as that.

Reactions: beamer24
Final Clinton 58 East Bladen 31.....unless something crazy happens that should wrap up the regular season conference championship for the Clinton girls

wasnt at the game but i heard about EB holding the ball trying to milk the clock.....strategy or scared basketball???.....kinda like in football when a player fakes a injury to slow down a hurry up offense

Holding the ball has happened to Clinton before, when Felicia Autry(another Clinton great) played. Hobbton held the ball for four quarters. If I can remember, I don't think there was twenty points scored combined, but Clinton still won.

Holding the ball has happened to Clinton before, when Felicia Autry(another Clinton great) played. Hobbton held the ball for four quarters. If I can remember, I don't think there was twenty points scored combined, but Clinton still won.

Yeah i saw where her and others where talking about that......my opinion thats scared basketball

Not scared just trying to have a different outcome than last game. Try to limit possesions and contain Boykin. Last game Clinton scored 77, this game 58. Last game Boykin scored 50, this game 19. Id say mission accomplished. The chances of us winning is slim at best but the Eagles put forth a solid effort and did what was asked of them. For that I am proud of them. I do appreciate Coach Owens for laying off in the 4th. No need to add salt to the wound. Good luck to Clinton, I hope ya'll have a terrific run in the playoffs.

Not scared just trying to have a different outcome than last game. Try to limit possesions and contain Boykin. Last game Clinton scored 77, this game 58. Last game Boykin scored 50, this game 19. Id say mission accomplished. The chances of us winning is slim at best but the Eagles put forth a solid effort and did what was asked of them. For that I am proud of them. I do appreciate Coach Owens for laying off in the 4th. No need to add salt to the wound. Good luck to Clinton, I hope ya'll have a terrific run in the playoffs.

Negative it was scared weak basketball pretty much sending a message to your team hey your not good enough to beat them straight up pretty much like Boykin's dad said telling a athlete to lie down......Thank you Midway for actually playing basketball last night. Fans were actually able to enjoy a real basketball game

That's BS and you know it!!!! You weren't even at the game so you don't even know what happened. You heard something and are now making assumptions. We tried something early on and it didn't work. Played the rest of the game straight up except for the final couple of minutes when the game was virtually over.

That's BS and you know it!!!! You weren't even at the game so you don't even know what happened. You heard something and are now making assumptions. We tried something early on and it didn't work. Played the rest of the game straight up except for the final couple of minutes when the game was virtually over.

So im guessing everyone who was at the game was exaggerating....I guess Mikayla's dad was just making it up then right ok

I would not post it up here unless it was from a credible source and Tim goes to every game so

Well Tim doesn't know what he's talking about either, whoever that is. Definitely, not scared of any team just tried to use some strategy. Sounds like everyone is mad for some reason. I'm done on this one because there is no reasoning with you. Again, good luck to Coach Owens and Clinton in the playoffs.

Well Tim doesn't know what he's talking about either, whoever that is. Definitely, not scared of any team just tried to use some strategy. Sounds like everyone is mad for some reason. I'm done on this one because there is no reasoning with you. Again, good luck to Coach Owens and Clinton in the playoffs.

Tim Boykin Mikayla's dad but i guess he was just making it all up right......yep ok

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT