ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

smashmouth5

Aug 25, 2001
The talent is there for 3 teams to play for a State Title. Don't know if they can win it, but it would be impressive if KM, Burns, and Shelby were all playing for a state title. I've said it before...you call it highway 74, we call the road to championships. #clevelandcountystrong.

#akafantasyisland
The Mule, with that Calpreps bs, has you Ram posters gassed up. Never have I seen some of you guys this vocal. You guys are really feeling yourselves. Anyway, barring any injuries, who’s going to stop Cleveland County from going to the state championship?

Reactions: notanyonesfan
The Mule, with that Calpreps bs, has you Ram posters gassed up. Never have I seen some of you guys this vocal. You guys are really feeling yourselves. Anyway, barring any injuries, who’s going to stop Cleveland County from going to the state championship?

Burns doesn’t have a easy road, but they are the favorite. I don’t see anyone out west competing with Shelby. I’d have to take a look at km bracket, I haven’t been following much outside of 2a this season.

Burns doesn’t have a easy road, but they are the favorite. I don’t see anyone out west competing with Shelby. I’d have to take a look at km bracket, I haven’t been following much outside of 2a this season.
Crest should’ve beaten Charlotte Catholic the other night, in my opinion. They blew a 21-7 to lead, and played not to win in the second half. KM didn’t look as good vs Shelby, but that’s how a rivalry game goes sometime.. They are a top notch team, though, with little to no weaknesses. I don’t see anyone touching them in 3A, period, and that would include Weddington. I see KM being on a collision course with Havelock.

Everyone has a lot of respect for all of the programs in cleveland county, but this is the kind of thread that will only serve to create backlash. We all know how good Burns, Shelby, Crest, and KM are. Don’t make it a point to pat yourselves on the back — let others do that.
This is a joke right? With the mess that is spewed on these boards and talking about how proud you are of your local kids....that's what creates backlash.😱

jealous of shelby’s (and cleveland county) success? of course, who wouldn’t be

there’s a difference between “talking about how proud you are of your local kids” and “you call it highway 74, we call it the road to championships” — it’s like if alabama were to start telling everyone “you call it tuscaloosa, we call it title town”

you don’t endear yourself to others that way. you go from being very likable to being annoying.

just my two cents. you keep doing you.

jealous of shelby’s (and cleveland county) success? of course, who wouldn’t be

there’s a difference between “talking about how proud you are of your local kids” and “you call it highway 74, we call it the road to championships” — it’s like if alabama were to start telling everyone “you call it tuscaloosa, we call it title town”

you don’t endear yourself to others that way. you go from being very likable to being annoying.

just my two cents. you keep doing you.
Its a high school football message board so who cares....Maybe Smash was wanting some backlash to talk some smack like the days of old. He is a huge Charger fan so to post this in support of his county rivals is pretty classy IMO.

I always wondered, since Cleveland county close to the State line. Shelby, Crest and KM get some good players out of South Carolina around Gaffney and similar good football areas.🤔

I always wondered, since Cleveland county close to the State line. Shelby, Crest and KM get some good players out of South Carolina around Gaffney and similar good football areas.🤔
To be honest I really can't think of any coming from Gaffney to CC......yes Gaffney is very close to us and for all the Cleveland County love no team from here wants any part of them. Crest had the balls to try it a few times few years back.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
We rams already suffered 1 season ending injury to Tamir top defensive player possibly.

So did Shelby in the mid 90's, came close a couple of times and took a couple of beatings too. It's a different football world down there. Well it's a different world in many things down there.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Sincerely hate that for the sophomore linebacker. I hope that young man has a speedy recovery.
Thanks LA. We sit near his families at the game. Good people there. In 2007 our star DT CJ Simpson suffered torn acl and missed playoff run. I wish that the worse thing that happen to him. He was tragically killed few years back. At the end of the day it's a game that we all enjoy and should be proud of our players and our programs and pray for everyone's safety along the way.

Reactions: daagoob
Sincerely hate that for the sophomore linebacker. I hope that young man has a speedy recovery.

I be impressed with your knowledge. Him and rankin are our two best defensive players. I know you guys have another good running back. I still expect Shelby to win big. I’d say 30-7 now

Reactions: Lion Attack
So did Shelby in the mid 90's, came close a couple of times and took a couple of beatings too. It's a different football world down there. Well it's a different world in many things down there.
I know shelby would scrimmage them every year. I can't remember regular season games but probably so. Not too many years ago Burns discussed going down to the reservation but eventually declined. It was going to be a pretty good payday as far as high school sports go.

I be impressed with your knowledge. Him and rankin are our two best defensive players. I know you guys have another good running back. I still expect Shelby to win big. I’d say 30-7 now
Backup running back is not bad but he is the starting safety and we will miss him there.Phillips was big and fast with a motor that didn't stop.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Curious question about this Cleveland County being so great. I get the fact that the Shelby schools are top notch. I am hearing reference to Burns, how much do they win normally and how many state titles do they have. Seems like they are being grouped into the category of Shelby and Crest but I do not recall seeing them as a power house or state title contender lately. Any feedback or information is appreciated.

Yep. That's our only one. But you don't see Burns posters bragging about our state championships. We usually brag about being a part of Cleveland County football as a whole. We've had a lot of really good years and close calls for more state championships but the ball just didn't bounce our way. It is what it is.

Burns is definitely not the powerhouse that Shelby and Crest are state title-wise but are generally in the thick of things most years. All 4 County schools usually seem to be ranked in their respective classifications most of the time.

I would bet that if Burns had faced anyone but Shelby in that western final last year, there would be a 2nd Championship banner in Lawndale.

Curious question about this Cleveland County being so great. I get the fact that the Shelby schools are top notch. I am hearing reference to Burns, how much do they win normally and how many state titles do they have. Seems like they are being grouped into the category of Shelby and Crest but I do not recall seeing them as a power house or state title contender lately. Any feedback or information is appreciated.
Fair question. Burns has had some great years and some down years as well. We not the consistent winner year in year out as Crest and Shelby. Each school pulls from a certain area and some are just more loaded with athletes than others. I think with burns now in 2 a and with coach Devine we will be consistent winner

Fair question. Burns has had some great years and some down years as well. We not the consistent winner year in year out as Crest and Shelby. Each school pulls from a certain area and some are just more loaded with athletes than others. I think with burns now in 2 a and with coach Devine we will be consistent winner

Are what u saying, just having a winning record, or winning it all?
SP thought same on 2a level, and in last 4-5 years they could win it all.
Hibriten, with 3a numbers only 1 .
So yes as having winning record u prob will, but it still takes being really good, and some luck to win it all on any level.
But I get what u saying, who will Burns play for non cof. Games this fall.
Shelby has, Ac Reynolds, KM, Crest, Hibriten
Pretty good non conf. Sch

Reactions: notanyonesfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT