ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

Are what u saying, just having a winning record, or winning it all?
SP thought same on 2a level, and in last 4-5 years they could win it all.
Hibriten, with 3a numbers only 1 .
So yes as having winning record u prob will, but it still takes being really good, and some luck to win it all on any level.
But I get what u saying, who will Burns play for non cof. Games this fall.
Shelby has, Ac Reynolds, KM, Crest, Hibriten
Pretty good non conf. Sch
I was wondering the same. Does anyone have any insight as to who our non conference games will be against aside from Crest and KM?

Quit crying, Raiders78, I'm not saying it for Just Shelby, I mean it for any team, it's still hard to win it all ....so dropping from 3a to 2a don't make it automatic

BurnsBulldogTweeter posted a good article on FB about Cleveland County Football..... This part was interesting:

Since 1989, three or more county teams have made the state playoffs 23 times and all four teams have made the playoffs in the same season eight times since first accomplishing that feat in 1997.

In eight of those seasons, the county has combined for 10 or more postseason victories and won 16 state championships.

The top seasons have been the following years:

2015 – 13-1 record with state championships won by Crest and Shelby

2019 – 12-3 record with a state championship won by Shelby

1998 – 11-3 record with a state championship won by Shelby

2004 – 11-3 record with a state championship won by Crest

1997 – 11-4 record

2011 – 11-4 record

1994 – 10-1 record with state championships won by Burns and Crest

2013 – 10-2 record with a state championship won by Shelby.

Thanks for that post Nelson!

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Quit crying, Raiders78, I'm not saying it for Just Shelby, I mean it for any team, it's still hard to win it all ....so dropping from 3a to 2a don't make it automatic
Obvious! Livin proof of that. By the way, ain’t crying. We all know, you all know. Let’s talk about this years playoffs! As you know SP didn’t make it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbyfan1
So yes as having winning record u prob will, but it still takes being really good, and some luck to win it all on any level.
Shelby has,

I was wondering the same. Does anyone have any insight as to who our non conference games will be against aside from Crest and KM?
Watauga, Crest, KM and Forestview from i have been told. WE are going to need these with this conference.

Sometimes you roll the dice and other nights the dice rolls you. The old CC getting rolled tonight. Shelby last hope. Congrats to the winning teams. This is why high school football is great!

And June isn't to far away.

This is True. If I were to bet I would say we may not see back to back for a good while in 2A. The most competitive division in my eyes.
The days of 4 or 5 state finals in a row will be gone for awhile. Won't be possible to run the gauntlet each year. I really don't like the new set up. Honestly, think we need 1a-6a. Think about a typical west 2a 2AA Reidsville, Shelby, N Lincoln, Burns, Heritage, and others. Slobber Knockers in the second round through the regional finals. Hell.... Depending on seeding you could see Reidsville vs Shelby in first round. Nuts at best!

Shelby has, Ac Reynolds, KM, Crest, Hibriten
Pretty good non conf. Sch
I have heard Forestview. Crest, KM and Watauga. That’s what Coach told me but I’m not sure if it was finalized.

Shout out to the Lincoln County Folks. Just left The Meating Place. Outstanding butcher shop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT