ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County Jamboree

So we are up 10-6 with about 10 seconds to go, decide to throw it, interception and they run it all the way back (probably 90 yards) to win the scrimmage.. JMR swarmed the kid in the endzone :)

We played everyone which is nice to see, and the backups looked good maybe better than the starters tonight , (well until that last play ha)

Good scrimmages, on to the real stuff Wednesday....Good luck everyone

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
So we are up 10-6 with about 10 seconds to go, decide to throw it, interception and they run it all the way back to win the scrimmage.. JMR swarmed the kid in the endzone :)

We played everyone which is nice to see, and the backups looked good maybe better than the starters tonight , (well until that last play ha)

Good scrimmages, on to the real stuff Wednesday....Good luck everyone
D fence looked good. The Offense is a dumpster fire.

Burns really impressed me tonight. Crest and KM were as good as I thought they would be even though the competition was not very good. You play who the schedule says you play. Had to leave after Burns. I’m old and live about 40 min from Shelby High so I had to hit the road. I thought the three teams in CC I did see looked pretty good.

Impressed with Burns, their coaches, and their o-line. Crest D will be tough to run on. Ramseur and Geter are tough. KM’s starting d-line, Paysour, and Mack will give teams problems all year. Shelby’s D is tough but offense has work to do.

Reactions: setdarecordstr8
Don't sleep on the Dogs .. way to go Cleveland county. .except for Shelby

Anyone from ACR where did 44 the MLB end up going to school? That kid could play some ball also did St Onge go anywhere?

Neither kid went anywhere for football. I can’t get into specifics but the St. Onge kid is going to school but isn’t playing anymore. I won’t comment about 44’s current situation. All I can say is, it is a sad one.

Before everyone freaks out, or starts dogging Shelby, This is a short week for Shelby.
We play Freedom on Wed. Night.
Shelby coaches didnt want to risk getting players hurt or wore down before Wed.
We know our line play isnt great, plus lost one lineman to broke ankle, and another was out with sore back.
We went 3rd string deep, But I saw a Shelby D (1st string) that looked awesome what little time they got.
Shelby coaching staff will get it going.
Again Wed nite more important then this scrimmage.
Also Freedom coaching staff was there, so sure didnt wanna show anything

Last edited:
Listen bro KM was good but I wasn’t overly impressed
It’s a jamboree. The only team that anyone should be overly impressed with is Burns. That’s based on expectations vs what they put on the field tonight. From what I could tell, all CC teams were as vanilla as they could be. I mean except for the squib/onside kick by Eddins up 13 in a jamboree against the worst team there, everyone done basically what you would expect to see. These coaches understand they play for real next week and aren’t about to put anything on film.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Impressed with:
KM - biggest question mark coming in was how would they replace the defensive line and kicker from 2017. After the departure of almost the entire defensive front from last year, the new look D Line is big, fast, and nasty. The new kicker was very impressive. 3 for 3 on EP’s and deep KO’s.

Crest - I thought there LB play was exceptional. Played sideline to sideline very well. The kicker has a great leg. That’s no surprise. 5 ran it well.

Burns - pretty much everything on the offensive side on the ball. Really impressed with the QB’s decision making and the OL play.

Shelby - the starting Defense is quick, LB’s and secondary are fast and aggressive. QB has a ton of arm strength.

Question Marks:
KM - noticed several starting DB’s not playing tonight. Wonder if that is due to injury, precaution, or discipline?

Crest - the left side of the OL. Was that the starters? Looked like they averaged about 180 lbs. The Clemson commit looked slow footed on the back end in coverage. Was very surprised to see him not be able to get over the top on a couple pass plays. However, he was a sure tackler in run support.

Burns: how will they respond against a sound defensive team against the run?

Shelby: The offense as a whole. OL struggled. QB has a huge arm but looked really uncomfortable at times.

It’s a jamboree. The only team that anyone should be overly impressed with is Burns. That’s based on expectations vs what they put on the field tonight. From what I could tell, all CC teams were as vanilla as they could be. I mean except for the squib/onside kick by Eddins up 13 in a jamboree against the worst team there, everyone done basically what you would expect to see. These coaches understand they play for real next week and aren’t about to put anything on film.
My response was to someone who was wanting me to tell him KM Qb was the best I ever seen he’s good but only family members ask questions in that manner Clown !!

My response was to someone who was wanting me to tell him KM Qb was the best I ever seen he’s good but only family members ask questions in that manner Clown !!
You expecting to be overly impressed at a jamboree and I’m the clown????

Yeah you Clown, you must be a family member of that Qb also because you acting a little soft.. it’s only a Jamboree lol CoachLloyd has always been and always will be a great Qb Coach

Yeah you Clown, you must be a family member of that Qb also because you acting a little soft.. it’s only a Jamboree lol CoachLloyd has always been and always will be a great Qb Coach
lol. Oh the keyboard gangsters out in full force.

Certainly not a family member. Heck, don’t even really know the kid on a personal level. Enjoyed watching him shred your boys for the past two years.

I’m just curious where all these Kings Mountain posters have been before two years ago? Because the way they talk, that’s how long KM has been playing football, but I’m pretty sure KMHS has been around getting “shredded” until just recently. Reminds me of those North Gaston posters back when that AJ Blue kid was playing...they disappeared pretty fast after he graduated.

I’m just curious where all these Kings Mountain posters have been before two years ago? Because the way they talk, that’s how long KM has been playing football, but I’m pretty sure KMHS has been around getting “shredded” until just recently. Reminds me of those North Gaston posters back when that AJ Blue kid was playing...they disappeared pretty fast after he graduated.
Actually been on here following since 08’ when I moved back stateside. Didn’t start posting until last year. However, would not say I am a KM fan. More of a HS football fan with friends kids/family playing on a few CC team, Crest included. Appreciate what all CC teams and the rich history of Crest/Shelby bring to the area. Now don’t get it twisted, I don’t feel the need to “explain” myself to anyone l, I just wanted to clear up the misconception that im a Johnny Come Lately. Also, don’t be delusional and act like there aren’t front runners fans from Crest on this board. There are a few Crest guys that have been non-existent in some years that aren’t up to their standard.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Impressed with Burns, their coaches, and their o-line. Crest D will be tough to run on. Ramseur and Geter are tough. KM’s starting d-line, Paysour, and Mack will give teams problems all year. Shelby’s D is tough but offense has work to do.
my take away from last night KM look so so need some work, BURNS look very good but can they thrown well enough to keep a defense honest, I could not tell if CREST is the best HS team in NC or if INDEPENDENCE is the worst team in NC.Only watch the first quarter of the Shelby game.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
1.KM looked pretty good.Has Mack put on some weight? Payseur was the best looking player at the Jamboree. 2.Crest offense looked really good.QB and running backs are going to be a handful.Kicker is such a huge weapon.Overall best team last night.Also seemed to have the Crest swagger back. 3.Very impressed with Burns and their Chris Norman wing T.May be some suspensions coming with the brawl.A lot of fist thrown,helmet thrown and the bench coming on the field. Still not sure what started it. 4.Shelby defense looked pretty good.Offense has a ways to go.Least impressive of the county teams.As Shelbyfan stated starters played very little due to next Wednesday's game.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
my take away from last night KM look so so need some work, BURNS look very good but can they thrown well enough to keep a defense honest, I could not tell if CREST is the best HS team in NC or if INDEPENDENCE is the worst team in NC.Only watch the first quarter of the Shelby game.
Independence is not good, so Crest should've beaten them. No clue if they did or not, but Crest should've looked good.

Hearing from someone who was there that Burns players left the sidelines when a fight broke out...anyone else see that? Wonder if state rule applies in terms of ineligible for playoffs.

This statement proves my point. Coach Lloyd doesn't even work with QBs. That #11 was a damn good Qb when he stepped foot on campus.

This statement proves my point. Coach Lloyd doesn't even work with QBs. That #11 was a damn good Qb when he stepped foot on campus.
#11 has never lost to Crest. 1-0 jv 2-0 varsity. You wanna fact check that for me crestuff?

KM2ASU has been here for the good times and the bad... probably one of the most humble posters on here as well. MountiePride has been around for a season or two but has at least been consistent and he can hold his own some. The rest will fade away when KM gets out coached and KM pissed away their "most talented team ever"

BTW... its nice to see Rulz back in the saddle again! He is the poster boy now that Herpes cant slow you down from living life! *clap clap*

Hearing from someone who was there that Burns players left the sidelines when a fight broke out...anyone else see that? Wonder if state rule applies in terms of ineligible for playoffs.
Watched it on ktc broadcasting the camera man never moved the camera so we couldn't see. I did hear the announcer say someone left the bench. They also were talking 1 game suspension. But the announcer said he didn't see an ejection signal from the official. Maybe someone else has more info.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
I sense a tone of sarcism there hit man ..lol....so did J Robinson really pile on in a scrimmage against your 3rd string ?
No Burns isn’t loaded, but Devine installing the wing suits your personnel. Plus I like seeing that offense , brings back memories. We did play a lot of kids but when our 1st team offense was in they looked very out of sinc. Bess threw some good balls they didn’t catch and then he threw some head scratchers too. If the o line is no better than last year it won’t matter who’s back there. I look for some low scoring games to start the year. I hope I’m wrong and we can move the ball.

No Burns isn’t loaded, but Devine installing the wing suits your personnel. Plus I like seeing that offense , brings back memories. We did play a lot of kids but when our 1st team offense was in they looked very out of sinc. Bess threw some good balls they didn’t catch and then he threw some head scratchers too. If the o line is no better than last year it won’t matter who’s back there. I look for some low scoring games to start the year. I hope I’m wrong and we can move the ball.
Great points.....Devine is a great coach . All the idiot fake fans who were on his case last year will quickly jump right back on the bandwagon .....burns will get the wins this year one yard at a time.....i think bess has all the tools to be one heck of a qb....best of luck.

Your ignorant if your saying a Offensive minded coach like Lloyd doesn’t work with his QB .... he is a good QB but you family members need to chill out a little..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT