ADVERTISEMENT

Churvyl at Eastern Randolph

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
The road to Wallace Shelton begins.......

Just like last year's basketball playoffs, ER starts their journey with the Ironmen coming to town. The Ironmen come in with a record of 2-8, one of those wins over the legendary Highland Tech. I don't imagine ER will have many problems but......ya never know.

I giggled at Legendary Highland tech....LOL Bless them

When we played Highland we ran 14 total plays on offense (not a single play on offense second half) and it was
72-0

Their offense did well though, 29 rushes MINUS 90 yards and 12 passes for 24 yards.... Total offense 41 plays minus 66 yards..... or a cool -3.1 yards per play

Eastern by 50 against Churville... They are basically Highland North West......

Sorry I am bored dont mean to intrude :)

When we played Highland we ran 14 total plays on offense (not a single play on offense second half) and it was
72-0

Their offense did well though, 29 rushes MINUS 90 yards and 12 passes for 24 yards.... Total offense 41 plays minus 66 yards..... or a cool -3.1 yards per play

Git!!!!

You’re welcome over here anytime. It’s usually just me and Chute. Playoffs will bring out a few more probably.

72-0

Intrude? Nah....you're a Preps OG. Always welcome in the 1A universe (unless you start talking about how amazing Mount Airy is.....)

I think ER's going to feel Friday how the Golden Lions have felt. I wish you guys could just keep Burns/East Gaston and find three other teams for your conference. Regardless, I think Shelby's gonna make another deep run.

Reactions: thekidd12
See why you have to go there???

Think that left handed hitting center fielder, Fortenberry maybe, is still hitting line drives…
And that was 42 years ago…
Because you both have an excellent baseball program and would be a better match than this slaughter coming Friday. Watched a great many Caldwell Post 29 and Cherryville Post 100 legion ball games growing up.

Wrestling
I don't tend to follow much high school wrestling. I am an avid fan of NCAA wrestling though. Went to State, so pull for Coach Pop and the Pack. NC State and Virginia Tech duel is always must watch. High school wrestling is hard to watch though until the state tournament. The skill levels are drastically different in most matches. Mount Airy does usually have 1 or 2 competitive wrestler ever year though. I should probably give them more support.

Intrude? Nah....you're a Preps OG. Always welcome in the 1A universe (unless you start talking about how amazing Mount Airy is.....)

I think ER's going to feel Friday how the Golden Lions have felt. I wish you guys could just keep Burns/East Gaston and find three other teams for your conference. Regardless, I think Shelby's gonna make another deep run.
Chute, and I was looking forward to you tailgating with us when ER comes to the Granite City. OMG
Well , in the spirit of neighborly love, your still invited.

I don't tend to follow much high school wrestling. I am an avid fan of NCAA wrestling though. Went to State, so pull for Coach Pop and the Pack. NC State and Virginia Tech duel is always must watch. High school wrestling is hard to watch though until the state tournament. The skill levels are drastically different in most matches. Mount Airy does usually have 1 or 2 competitive wrestler ever year though. I should probably give them more support.
MA is a good team most years. Not in the top with Avery. Rville and UA but in that next level.
Swain is usually good also

Chute, and I was looking forward to you tailgating with us when ER comes to the Granite City. OMG
Well , in the spirit of neighborly love, your still invited.
Ain’t he something?
He wasn’t talking about you RE. You’re usually humble and tell it like you saw/see it.
Unless someone makes you mad…
That I like..
Sounds like I’m buttering you up for free food don’t it? 😜😜😜

Wrestling
No sir. While ER used to be a force back in 80s in rasslin the baseball team has been a constant since school was built. Occasionally there were a couple of down years but for the most part usually a team to be reckoned with. Cherryville same.
Plus I think I would have looked terrible in a singlet…

• Haha
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
West Stokes plays SWR Friday. West lost 14-7 to orange/Blue team 2nd game of the season. Should be competitive game with winner playing Reidsville.
I feel the same way about the West Stokes/SWR game as I do the PG/East Surry contest. West should win but if they don't match up well/take the Cougars lightly it could get interesting. I still can't believe SWR lost to Trinity.

I do want to wish all the Cherryville fans a safe trip up to Ramseur and back. Honestly, I think the Ironmen fans should get a discount simply for making the trip. I hope both teams stay injury-free.

Well, I'm back......

Left at halftime. ER's up 54-7. Worst part of it all is that people paid eight bucks to watch that. That game wasn't worth a dollar.

After witnessing this, I only have one thing to ask..........HOW @#$%%^^$#@ BAD IS HIGHLAND TECH??? i need a cold, cold shower.........

• Haha
Well, I'm back......

Left at halftime. ER's up 54-7. Worst part of it all is that people paid eight bucks to watch that. That game wasn't worth a dollar.

After witnessing this, I only have one thing to ask..........HOW @#$%%^^$#@ BAD IS HIGHLAND TECH??? i need a cold, cold shower.........
A cold, cold shower???

Man you must have had a GOOD night! 😂

Just wanted to shoutout a few players from last night.......

Nice performances from Carter Revelle, Rayden West, Lucas Smith, Nicah Taylor, and Kobe Walker. West had a great TD grab in the first quarter. Taylor had a magnificent catch-and-run for a 60 yard TD just before half.

Also want to shoutout some Ironmen....

QB Josh Ward did a nice Doug Flutie imitation when he scrambled and hit Hunter Jackson on that 40 yard bomb. Jackson's got some nice versatility. I also was impressed with lineman Jordan Lowrance. He's a good, fluid athlete. Receiver Rayshawn Sewell has a set of wheels on him.

I definitely want to shoutout the Cherryville fanbase. They brought quite a bit more than i expected.

QB Josh Ward did a nice Doug Flutie imitation when he scrambled and hit Hunter Jackson on that 40 yard bomb. Jackson's got some nice versatility. I also was impressed with lineman Jordan Lowrance. He's a good, fluid athlete. Receiver Rayshawn Sewell has a set of wheels on him.

I definitely want to shoutout the Cherryville fanbase. They brought quite a bit more than i expected.
And both HC and those fans were polite and cordial folks.

Watching SWR last night for the first time they had a player to get tossed early and seemed to play little dirty. Is that typical for them are were they just a little fired up to play last night.

Reactions: HWY49

Look everyone, ER fans are letting the cat out the bag now that playoffs are here. Write it down, they are giving us the dirt on who is good on ER.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT