ADVERTISEMENT

Chase @ Reidsville

Chase will get the yards on the ground. The biggest question is if they are able to defend the rams. I don't think they can cover the receivers but if they can pressure the QB they might have a chance. We can't afford Lee to have another 1st half like last week going forward. His running the ball should be limited and rarely planned, we have multiple rbs with various running styles for any situation. They always seem to roll him out the wrong way too for some reason. I'm not a fan of the bunched up formations either. I like the spread formations, I think it opens the run up better imo.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Chase will get the yards on the ground. The biggest question is if they are able to defend the rams. I don't think they can cover the receivers but if they can pressure the QB they might have a chance. We can't afford Lee to have another 1st half like last week going forward. His running the ball should be limited and rarely planned, we have multiple rbs with various running styles for any situation. They always seem to roll him out the wrong way too for some reason. I'm not a fan of the bunched up formations either. I like the spread formations, I think it opens the run up better imo.
This in a nutshell. In my opinion, the game will be more competitive than the previous years, because they have a better athlete at quarterback than the previous Rams vs Trojans games. But, McCombs is an irreplaceable talent, and even with him, Chase doesn’t defend the pass well.

Last edited:
This in a nutshell. In my opinion, the game will be more competitive than the previous years, because they have a better athlete at quarterback than the previous Rams vs Trojans games. But, McCombs is an irreplaceable talent, and even with him, Chase doesn’t defend the past well.

This game could easily get away from the rams with turn overs and more onside kick nonsense type things like the PG game. Chase OL is legit, Robinson had a couple d1 DL I think and they moved the ball on them well.

This game could easily get away from the rams with turn overs and more onside kick nonsense type things like the PG game. Chase OL is legit, Robinson had a couple d1 DL I think and they moved the ball on them well.
Very legit O line, and that quarterback is obviously very athletic. I had searched for his Hudl before, but couldn’t find it. But as you pretty much said, if Lee is on, then you guys will be fine. Lots of good, very interesting third round games next Friday.

Very legit O line, and that quarterback is obviously very athletic. I had searched for his Hudl before, but couldn’t find it. But as you pretty much said, if Lee is on, then you guys will be fine. Lots of good, very interesting third round games next Friday.

Yeah East Surry will shed some light on Monroe one way or another.

Yeah East Surry will shed some light on Monroe one way or another.
I have Monroe winning by 8-10. Forest Hills was enough of a read for me. Pretty much twin teams, in my opinion, and not as good as those lopsided scores would suggest. Still respect the RedHawks, though. They are always very athletic. I just think there is a little “fool’s gold” behind those lopsided scores, though.

I have Monroe winning by 8-10. Forest Hills was enough of a read for me. Pretty much twin teams, in my opinion, and not as good as those lopsided scores would suggest. Still respect the RedHawks, though. They are always very athletic. I just think there is a little “fool’s gold” behind those lopsided scores, though.

Salisbury turned from gold to green last year in a hurry. They got me.

Lee just to have some confidence. Which comes early. He tends to make overthrows early in games that could suck the life out of the opponents if he cashes in on it.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
You starting to sound like me few weeks ago when I said I wasn’t a believer in FH and Monroe despite their scores. But i also believe Monroe has a higher ceiling than most give credit for. Which they will need to win a couple more games

Reactions: Lion Attack
Lee just to have some confidence. Which comes early. He tends to make overthrows early in games that could suck the life out of the opponents if he cashes in on it.
Lee's overthrows early in the game were because he had a strong wind at his back that caused the overthrows. After he adjusted, lights out.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
If Monroe had home field I might pick them to win the west. I just don’t know if their offense is as good away from their home turf field. I was shocked when East Surry held them to 9 last year. I’m guessing ES dominated the time of possession.

I mean in other games as well. Even the Shelby game last fall. Had chances early just missed on them. When he has confidence it shows big time.

He had some good passes in the second half but I'm not buying the wind theory. You could tell just in his throwing motion and timing on that first deep pass it was going to be long.

Rams have incredible talent in skill positions ... it's in the trenches where this game may be decided. Got to give Lee some time to throw and Reidsville defense must be ready for a big Chase offensive line and a talented runner behind them.

Chase hasn’t had 30 points scored on us all year & you think you will beat them by 30? Not going happen!
I was being kind saying 30 but Reidsville will definitely be +1 at the end and we will advance, you can have your moral victory buddy

Chase hasn’t had 30 points scored on us all year & you think you will beat them by 30? Not going happen!

These teams played last season. I think this will be competitive game. But I also think Last years Chase team would be currently undefeated vs their schedule this season

I was being kind saying 30 but Reidsville will definitely be +1 at the end and we will advance, you can have your moral victory buddy
You better hope you improved your run defense since the Paige game because if you can’t stop them you definitely can’t stop Chase.

You better hope you improved your run defense since the Paige game because if you can’t stop them you definitely can’t stop Chase.

I feel you, but remember page is 4a. Rams also played eastern alamance who had a potent ground game and big line

Paige was one & done in the playoffs. Wasn’t even a 500 team. You might want to worry about both quarterbacks.
Reidsville Dline is loads better than early in season. De freshman Harrison can’t be blocked. If you do block him it leaves 1 on 1 with sophomore Cobb. Oh and if you pass be ready to run down our DBs . Ball hawks on all levels

Reactions: tarheel fan1
To me Reidsville should be an east team. It's on other side of Greensboro. It has to be the most Eastern team in the west. And if they were in east it could make championship game a lot more interesting. Let's admit it the western finals really is the championship game usually.

To me Reidsville should be an east team. It's on other side of Greensboro. It has to be the most Eastern team in the west. And if they were in east it could make championship game a lot more interesting. Let's admit it the western finals really is the championship game usually.

I actually think Reidsville should be west. If all the Greensboro teams are west then Reidsville should be too. Reidsville is only 20-30 mins away from most to all the Greensboro schools. But as far as balance of east and west for football sake, I think you're right.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT